Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

So What If.....

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: So What If.....
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2020, 11:29:30 PM »
I’m sure some of you get tired of my funny jokes about having insider information re AU athletics but I really do know quite a few people. Many of them are influential and yes, compared to people on here, I’m a king maker.

But I do know that it’s a done deal for certain, regarding them firing Gus. He gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2020, 08:03:45 AM »
I haven’t heard Snags or Buzz say anything about Urban.
DO NOT WANT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2020, 09:43:49 AM »
I’m sure some of you get tired of my funny jokes about having insider information re AU athletics but I really do know quite a few people. Many of them are influential and yes, compared to people on here, I’m a king maker.

But I do know that it’s a done deal for certain, regarding them firing Gus. He gone.
I'm hearing Steele will be the interim coach.  Plus, my sources are telling me we may have a New Year's Day game in the Citrus Bowl against Northwestern.  My sources are almost always half right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2020, 11:18:50 AM »

Latest intel on Auburn coaching search, Billy Napier

There's a handful of coaching candidates in the mix at Auburn and the Tigers' vacancy may not be open much longer. According to 247Sports national analyst Josh Pate, Auburn has honed in on a few names and one could be next in line to lead on the Plains.

UAB coach Bill Clark interviewed over the weekend and the conversation went well, Pate reports.

"(He's) probably looking at a second interview," Pate tweeted on Sunday. "Same (source) believes Billy Napier is strong contender for the job, possibly the favorite if it isn't Kevin Steele. Personal feeling here — Think Bill Clark is still a long shot for Auburn even though many have been impressed with him."

Per Auburn Undercover's hot board 5.0, Steele is a "Tier 1" candidate in the search, while Napier and Clark are at the top of tiers 2 and 3, respectively.

Clark was asked about his potential interest in the Auburn vacancy following Friday's conference championship win over Marshall.

“I won’t comment on that other than to say, like I told you before, I love UAB,” Clark said. “This is mine, and we built it together. But it’s always good to be thought of, and that’s my job in this business to win games. And when that happens, I think people see that. So, you know, we’ll just see what happens, but I love my players and love UAB.”

Clark has received the blessing of many national analysts, including ESPN's Trevor Matich, who said last week he would best fit Auburn's culture and knows what it takes to win.

“Bill Clark has done a phenomenal job at UAB and coaches that coach high school within the recruiting footprint know they can trust him,” Matich said. “Plus, because of the shutdown of the program for a couple of years and managing the politics of that whole scenario and then bringing them back to win the first conference championship in school history.

"He understands how to navigate the politics and use them to his benefit, which really is job No. 1 at Auburn. I think it’s Bill Clark and he should keep Kevin Steele as his assistant head coach to once again help navigate the waters of Auburn and maximize what other people see as a detriment.”

Get the fastest scores, stats, news, LIVE videos, and more. CLICK HERE to download the CBS Sports Mobile App and get the latest on your team today.

In addition, Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian is expected to interview this week and Clemson coordinators Tony Elliott and Brent Venables are considered targets.

https://247sports.com/Article/Auburn-football-coaching-search-Billy-Napier-Bill-Clark-Kevin-Steele-157522042/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2020, 11:39:21 AM »
I'm hearing Steele will be the interim coach.  Plus, my sources are telling me we may have a New Year's Day game in the Citrus Bowl against Northwestern.  My sources are almost always half right.
You can’t spell citrus without UT.

Napier not experienced enough. Maybe a good candidate for Troy. Not AU.
Give me Steele before him every day.

I say give Bill Clark a chance. He works his ass off at recruiting and has outperformed at UAB.

What’s to lose?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2020, 11:43:43 AM »
You can’t spell citrus without UT.

Napier not experienced enough. Maybe a good candidate for Troy. Not AU.
Give me Steele before him every day.

I say give Bill Clark a chance. He works his ass off at recruiting and has outperformed at UAB.

What’s to lose?
Games?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2020, 11:49:40 AM »
Games?
At this point, it doesn't matter.  We could steal Clark for a great price.  Give him $8-$10 mill and let him prove himself for a couple of years and then bump up his contract.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2020, 12:10:50 PM »
At this point, it doesn't matter.  We could steal Clark for a great price.  Give him $8-$10 mill and let him prove himself for a couple of years and then bump up his contract. 
Wait...you're expecting anyone in Auburn's administration to do something that makes sense?  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2020, 12:19:59 PM »
Games?
This is a ridiculous response. No matter this coaching search is a fiasco with alumni this dumb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
This is a ridiculous response. No matter this coaching search is a fiasco with alumni this dumb.
I know you are, but what am I?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2020, 12:58:58 PM »
At this point, it doesn't matter.  We could steal Clark for a great price.  Give him $8-$10 mill and let him prove himself for a couple of years and then bump up his contract. 
^^This
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2020, 01:21:41 PM »
If GF were still alive we’d already know who the new coach is. But none of the current dick wads know shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2020, 01:26:19 PM »
If GF were still alive we’d already know who the new coach is. But none of the current richard wads know shoot.
We'd also have a like button.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2020, 01:26:51 PM »
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.88)]Billy Napier has turned down Auburn job[/color][/size][/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)][/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6)]December 21, 2020 11:43 am[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]Billy Napier quickly became the favorite to land the Auburn head coaching position on Monday after it was revealed that both Kevin Steele and Steve Sarkisian are out of the race.
Well, that didn’t last long. Per Shannon Terry of 247Sports, Napier has turned down the Auburn job.

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/2020/12/21/billy-napier-turns-down-offer-auburn/
[/color]

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

bgreene

« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2020, 01:27:57 PM »
I think the stars are lining up for Clark
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2020, 01:40:30 PM »
We'd also have a like button.
Not sure about that. Actually, he may have been the one that broke it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2020, 01:42:46 PM »
I think the stars are lining up for Clark
To Bill Clark and Brasky :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2020, 02:18:50 PM »
My boy Timbo and Bill Bras...um, Clark are gonna rule the world!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2020, 02:56:45 PM »
So is Freeze just off the board?  As I said earlier, I think he'd be Gus The Sequel.  He doesn't thrill me, but UAB's coach does even less for me.  At least Freeze has recruited some elite players and corched in the SEC West.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2020, 03:02:26 PM »
So is Freeze just off the board?  As I said earlier, I think he'd be Gus The Sequel.  He doesn't thrill me, but UAB's coach does even less for me.  At least Freeze has recruited some elite players and corched in the SEC West.
He's tainted according to the creed thumpers.  Plus, he would not let hardwood guys roam the sidelines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions