Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

"This team is not playing for me. I don't want them to play for me."

Those words are straight from Tuberville's mouth. 

Also, Walter McFadden said that we better not get rid of Tubs because if we do, the players will feel like they should go ahead and leave too.

This might turn into Terry Bowden Part Deaux before its all over with. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: "This team is not playing for me. I don't want them to play for me."
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 10:56:35 PM »
Dude.  You did see the interview or at least read the context of the quote did you not?  He wasnt dogging the team he was saying that thier drive and desire to win needs to come from more than just playing for the coach, they need to be playing for themselves, for thir school and for thier own pride as well.

He said he didn't want the team to feel it had to play ``for me. I want them to play for them and Auburn.'' Tuberville said it after the Tigers' fourth straight loss, a 17-7 setback to Mississippi in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium in Oxford.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:24:50 AM »
Good post catfish!  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 02:20:09 PM »
Good post catfish!  :thumbsup:

Meh.  I just get tired of people trying to nit-pick, read to deep, or just plain selectivly quote certain phrases in order to try to confirm thier own bias opinions.  Same kinda crap that happens in every political ad on tv.  I mean, don't get me wrong I personally like CT and want him to stay, but everyones entitled to their own opinions.  Just don't grab the pitch forks and light the torches based on two sentences of a MUCH larger quote which have a completely different meaning in the proper context.  Besides, I'm sure you can find plenty of real reasons to despise Tubs anyway if thats your perogative...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 05:05:33 PM »
I'm sorry, but I disagree.  No football coach should be spouting off to the media about how the team shouldn't be playing for him.  The context is moot.  Tuberville pretty much was explaining to the media that even though he's sucked balls this year, the team is still going to try because they have the school and their pride to play for.  What kind of shit is that?  Not good shit if you ask me. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »
I'm sorry, but I disagree.  No football coach should be spouting off to the media about how the team shouldn't be playing for him.  The context is moot.  Tuberville pretty much was explaining to the media that even though he's sucked balls this year, the team is still going to try because they have the school and their pride to play for.  What kind of shit is that?  Not good shit if you ask me. 

What are you freakin' talking about? The players should be playing for themselves and the school, not for the sake of the coach's job. Why would you disagree with that? Please explain why the context is moot. Better yet, please explain why you did not post the whole comment to begin with, because if you ask me, reading the whole comment, there is nothing to decipher from it. It seems pretty simple and straightforward. CTT was not "spouting off" at the media, he was stating a matter of fact.

You seem to be fond of shit and apparently know good shit from bad, so maybe get the shit out of your eyes and ears and that may help you understand comments like that a little better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 05:40:26 PM »
What are you freakin' talking about? The players should be playing for themselves and the school, not for the sake of the coach's job. Why would you disagree with that? Please explain why the context is moot. Better yet, please explain why you did not post the whole comment to begin with, because if you ask me, reading the whole comment, there is nothing to decipher from it. It seems pretty simple and straightforward. CTT was not "spouting off" at the media, he was stating a matter of fact.

You seem to be fond of shit and apparently know good shit from bad, so maybe get the shit out of your eyes and ears and that may help you understand comments like that a little better.

Calm down, little guy.  No need to lose a brain cell. 

Why is the head coach having to explain that at all?  They should play for Auburn and themselves.  Right.  Got it.  Detach the head coach from it all, and it's all A-okay. 

He made that comment because he's been TERRIBLE this year, and yes, his job IS in question.  He's obviously recognized that, or he wouldn't have made numerous comments in his press conferences that attempt to dispell the notion.  This recent gem of "They don't play for me; they play for Auburn" is more icing on the cake that he isn't getting the job done.  It better be for Auburn because believing in the head coach isn't going to do it. 

Once again, sorry for souring your Sunday afternoon, but that's how I perceived it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 08:02:12 PM »
Just let Townhall bitch guys.  He's in his "I'm smarter than all of you" mode that he gets into every once in a while, and it's just not worth listening to him make a mountain out of a mole hill because he just feels like arguing like a school girl for the next few days.

It's pretty much common sense, that if Tommy Tuberville's statement was even HALF of what townhall's trying to make it seem, it would be major news.  However...  it's not.   Shock.  There just isn't that much more to it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:41:24 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Aubie16

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 09:22:03 PM »
Just let Townhall bitch guys.  He's in his "I'm smarter than all of you" mode that he gets into every once in a while, and it's just not worth listening to him make a mountain out of a mole hill because he just feels like arguing like a school girl for the next few days.

It's pretty much common sense, that if Tommy Tuberville's statement was even HALF of what townhall's trying to make it seem, it would be major news.  However...  it's not.   Shock.  There just isn't that much more to it.

Dude, just let it go.

I don't know what kind of grudge you've got against townhall or when it started...but you are carrying that baggage with you in every thread that both of you participate in recently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 09:29:26 PM »
Dude, just let it go.

I don't know what kind of grudge you've got against townhall or when it started...but you are carrying that baggage with you in every thread that both of you participate in recently.
Hey, I have had my differences with Chopper also, but this time I am right with him. Townhall is being a moron and trying to make CTT's quote in something it was not. He is over analyzing this, and apparently has analyzed shit very carefully also, because according to him there is good shit and bad shit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:33:08 PM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 09:53:40 PM »
Hey, I have had my differences with Chopper also, but this time I am right with him. Townhall is being a moron and trying to make CTT's quote in something it was not. He is over analyzing this, and apparently has analyzed shit very carefully also, because according to him there is good shit and bad shit.

I wasn't just talking about this thread...I've been noticing it for a while and just now said something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 11:26:35 PM »
I wasn't just talking about this thread...I've been noticing it for a while and just now said something.

It's here, and in ONE OTHER THREAD!  OMG!!!!   THE HUMANITY!!!!  hahaha....man.

I'm sorry.  I'll let it go.  I don't want to hurt other's people's viewing experience by getting a little uncivil. 

Is that better 16?   I really want you to feel warm and fuzzy right now.  Nothing less

Could I offer you a smoking jacket? Warm Blanket?

Schmoke and a pancake?

Bong and a blintz?

geeeeez...... :tits:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 11:40:50 PM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 11:48:52 PM »
They just played the video on the news here in Birmingham of the "semi-quote" that you're crapping your slacks over Townhall, and it's....hold on...

N O T H I N G

like you're making it out.

That is all.  Don't want to hurt your feelings.  I care you know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 11:59:39 PM »
wait... we have a coach??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »

I'm sorry.  I'll let it go.  I don't want to hurt other's people's viewing experience by getting a little uncivil. 

Is that better 16?   I really want you to feel warm and fuzzy right now.  Nothing less

Could I offer you a smoking jacket? Warm Blanket?

Schmoke and a pancake?

Bong and a blintz?

geeeeez...... :tits:

It's been a lot more than one other post.  But it's fine with me.  You fight hard in message boarding.  If it really bothered me, I'd be a pussy that posted solely on AUnation.  Hey Chop, if you have an issue, here's a tissue:

But as for the rest of you clowns trying to argue this point, fuck off.  Tuberville nor any other coach should be making those comments. 

And Ranger, quit being menopausal.  Trying to pick on my argument because I used colloquial vernacular is NOT good shit.  Add a little more butter to your bread, and you'll be happier. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 06:13:09 PM »

Hey the great thing about this forum is that I can tell you how I feel and you can tell me how you feel. All without moderators getting in the way.

So thats what I did. I don't get emotional or caught up in it...just wanted to let you know it came off as if you had a personal vendetta against him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 09:34:59 PM »
Fuck all of you.

There, I feel bettah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 10:54:18 PM »
Tuberville nor any other coach should be making those comments.

Keep trying, someone will eventually conceed that you're right!   :thumbsup:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 10:56:04 PM »

Keep trying, someone will eventually conceed that you're right!   :thumbsup:

:taunt: