Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The things I can do without

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The things I can do without
« on: March 31, 2020, 04:21:21 PM »
So we're quarantined.  No sports.  Not supposed to be out farting around.  

I've discovered a lot of things that I just don't really miss.  Things that in the broad scheme of things just aren't important and definitely not worth my time paying any attention to.  Going to start a list. 

1) Stephen A. Smith
2) Any show on ESPN other than SportsCenter or GameDay
3) The XFL
4) Any sport other than football, basketball or baseball -- and I honestly don't really miss any of that all that much.  If it never came back, I don't think my life would change drastically.  That's horrifying, but it's true. 
5) LSU in general
6) Celebrities.  Fuck them.  All of them. Every single one of their efforts to "help" with the current crisis shows how shallow and vapid they are.  Have you seen the idiotic video of Jack Black dancing around to some song in his underwear like that's supposed to benefit anyone?  
7) Movies.   Don't care that theaters aren't open.  That surprises me. 
8) Eating out.  I've sort of enjoyed learning to cook again.  
9) I thought I would miss the SEC Tournament and March Madness.  I didn't.  No elation, no heartbreak. I'm surprisingly okay with that.  

Might add things later
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: The things I can do without
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 05:21:42 PM »
I will have to work on it a while. But it is easy to start.

1. Token
2. Democrats
3. Millennials
4. Know-it-all’s (sorry Wes)
5. Fags (sorry snags)
6. Georgia
7. Coronavirus Deniers (sorry k)
8. People who annoy me
9. Yankees (who move and stay)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:34:16 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »
Religious "rant":  I can do without all the cute, catchy words of wisdom people post on teh social medias. Namely, all those who put the slant on the whole pandemic thing as something sent by God, so that we're forced to take a break from the every day rat race and now have the time to focus on Him.  Maybe you mean well.  I get it.  But think about the fact that what you're basically saying is the God you worship is killing off thousands and thousands of people and making hundreds of thousands suffer just so we'll pray more.  Yeah, that makes perfect sense.      
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 05:10:28 PM »
Religious "rant":  I can do without all the cute, catchy words of wisdom people post on teh social medias. Namely, all those who put the slant on the whole pandemic thing as something sent by God, so that we're forced to take a break from the every day rat race and now have the time to focus on Him.  Maybe you mean well.  I get it.  But think about the fact that what you're basically saying is the God you worship is killing off thousands and thousands of people and making hundreds of thousands suffer just so we'll pray more.  Yeah, that makes perfect sense.     
Have you read the Old Testament?  Just sayin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 05:40:44 PM »
Have you read the Old Testament?  Just sayin
Yeppers.  Honestly, if Jesus didn't say it, I take it all with a grain of salt. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 08:36:15 AM »
Yeppers.  Honestly, if Jesus didn't say it, I take it all with a grain of salt.
I like him very much, but he no help with curve ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 11:14:35 AM »
Very bad if you touch Jobu's rum.  Very bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 11:27:59 AM »
You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 06:27:54 PM »
Religious "rant":  I can do without all the cute, catchy words of wisdom people post on teh social medias. Namely, all those who put the slant on the whole pandemic thing as something sent by God, so that we're forced to take a break from the every day rat race and now have the time to focus on Him.  Maybe you mean well.  I get it.  But think about the fact that what you're basically saying is the God you worship is killing off thousands and thousands of people and making hundreds of thousands suffer just so we'll pray more.  Yeah, that makes perfect sense.     
Gonna have to agree with you here.  

Guy that I've been friends with for years.  Great guy, think the world of him.   He started this morning by quoting Revelations to me.  Something about the seven seals.  

I believe in God. I believe in Jesus and the resurrection. I believe in divine healing.  

I don't believe Peter Popoff's vials of water can cure anything.  I don't believe Joel Osteen completely.  I don't believe in people like Swaggart and Baker and Jim Jones and Earnest Angley who invoke the name of God to fleece people or to elevate themselves.  

And I don't know what I think about Revelations.  I'm curious.  I've read the Talmud. I've studied Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism. I've read The Koran.  There are a lot of things in all of that which are universal.  But when it gets into one person's "vision" and that vision isn't specific (see Nostradamus, for instance) there are always people looking to adapt whatever is happening to what they want it to be.  I also need to know the state of mind of the person who is having those visions.  

Take the Koran, for instance.  Mohammed had the visions and conversations that led to his first "revelation" after almost a month of self isolation, sleep-deprivation and starvation inside a cave.  I can't put my trust in that.  I've seen some weird stuff when I was just a little tired.  I once slammed on the brakes and slid to a sideways stop to avoid a naked gnome that was about to run out in the road when I was driving back from a concert one night.  Turned out it was actually a fire hydrant. 

Is what's happening now the end times?  I tend to think not.  I'd have been more inclined to believe that during the black plague.  It was exponentially worse.  So was polio.  

Also:  
While I appreciate the efforts of everybody out there working, the self-congratulatory "I have to go to work, I'm a NURSE (therapist, dog groomer, whatever) badges people are sticking on themselves grate on my last nerve.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 05:03:09 PM »
Let’s be honest. Over the last 20 years (maybe longer) people’s self awareness has sank to an all time low. People have became more arrogant, more vile, more self centered. The list probably goes on and it’s likely all true.  Hopefully a couple of months of self reflection will change a lot of this.  Quit being self serving. Quit being loud and obnoxious. Think about others. Don’t stand on top of everyone. Don’t touch every damn thing at the grocery store. Eat better. Workout more. Take better care of yourself. 

These are all things that I’ve witnessed people doing more of and while I hate the current state of the economy, I think we can fire it back up and still continue to practice all of the good habits being created. 

Of course one of the bad things happening right now, especially on social media, are fucking morons with even more time on their hands to create multiple fake accounts to be more obnoxious than they already are as a person.  Good thing for me I’ve been a member of tigersx for a while now so I’ve grown accustomed to it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2020, 08:56:03 AM »
Let’s be honest. Over the last 20 years (maybe longer) people’s self awareness has sank to an all time low. People have became more arrogant, more vile, more self centered. The list probably goes on and it’s likely all true.  Hopefully a couple of months of self reflection will change a lot of this.  Quit being self serving. Quit being loud and obnoxious. Think about others. Don’t stand on top of everyone. Don’t touch every damn thing at the grocery store. Eat better. Workout more. Take better care of yourself.

These are all things that I’ve witnessed people doing more of and while I hate the current state of the economy, I think we can fire it back up and still continue to practice all of the good habits being created.

Of course one of the bad things happening right now, especially on social media, are fucking morons with even more time on their hands to create multiple fake accounts to be more obnoxious than they already are as a person.  Good thing for me I’ve been a member of tigersx for a while now so I’ve grown accustomed to it.

Now, what kind of psychopathic weirdo would do that on tigersx?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 05:06:41 PM »
Let’s be honest. Over the last 20 years (maybe longer) people’s self awareness has sank to an all time low. People have became more arrogant, more vile, more self centered. The list probably goes on and it’s likely all true.  Hopefully a couple of months of self reflection will change a lot of this.  Quit being self serving. Quit being loud and obnoxious. Think about others. Don’t stand on top of everyone. Don’t touch every damn thing at the grocery store. Eat better. Workout more. Take better care of yourself.

Of course one of the bad things happening right now, especially on social media, are fudgeing morons with even more time on their hands to create multiple fake accounts to be more obnoxious than they already are as a person.  Good thing for me I’ve been a member of tigersx for a while now so I’ve grown accustomed to it.
Fuck off, Festus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2020, 09:36:12 AM »
Fuck off, Festus.
Poor Vlad. Confusing festus with Marshall Dillon again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 09:27:27 PM »
Now, what kind of psychopathic weirdo would do that on tigersx?
Definitely not Pottymouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 03:44:39 PM »
Things I can do without?  That gawt damn Heineken Non-Alcoholic Beer commercial with the snarky little shit sitting in a convertible drinking it and getting a parking ticket.  Is there really enough run on a non-alcoholic beer that they have to run that spot 683 times a night for the last year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions