Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Other World Problems

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Other World Problems
« on: March 25, 2020, 11:16:32 AM »
Currently, I feel reasonably safe from the Coronas.  Taking precautions, staying out of crowds etc.  Just got a call from the skirt and this appears to be the latest area of concern.

Image result for Bee hive images

Went home yesterday for lunch and kept hearing a buzzing sound in the kitchen and finally located it coming from the stove vent.  Honestly, it sounded like a couple of big ole house flies buzzing around up in there.  I turned on the vent to see if that would blow em' out, but the buzzing continued.  Didn't think any more of it.  Snagette called a bit ago to let me know there's a ton of buzzing (Damn you, Killington) and there are about 15 dead bees at the window.  Apparently came out of the vent cover and went to the light. 

She got the vent covered and we have a bee dude coming after lunch to see if he can remove them.  The vent outlet is about 10 feet up on the outside wall, so I imagine he'll try and suction them out. 

If he can't, I'm moving.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Other World Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 11:28:19 AM »
Currently, I feel reasonably safe from the Coronas.  Taking precautions, staying out of crowds etc.  Just got a call from the skirt and this appears to be the latest area of concern.

Image result for Bee hive images

Went home yesterday for lunch and kept hearing a buzzing sound in the kitchen and finally located it coming from the stove vent.  Honestly, it sounded like a couple of big ole house flies buzzing around up in there.  I turned on the vent to see if that would blow em' out, but the buzzing continued.  Didn't think any more of it.  Snagette called a bit ago to let me know there's a ton of buzzing (Damn you, Killington) and there are about 15 dead bees at the window.  Apparently came out of the vent cover and went to the light.

She got the vent covered and we have a bee dude coming after lunch to see if he can remove them.  The vent outlet is about 10 feet up on the outside wall, so I imagine he'll try and suction them out.

If he can't, I'm moving. 
You have a bee dude? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 11:38:28 AM »
You have a bee dude?
When you have his kind of money you have a bee dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 11:56:45 AM »
You have a bee dude?
Yes.  he has a uniform and everything.

Image result for Bee dude images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 12:20:36 PM »
When you have his kind of money you have a bee dude.
How Buzz isn't a Bee Dude shows a real lack of education on the part of the University of Alabama system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 01:02:52 PM »
How Buzz isn't a Bee Dude shows a real lack of education on the part of the University of Alabama system.
"liked"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 01:11:03 PM »
He misread apiary as aviary...thus, the bird.

cheep cheep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 02:10:17 PM »
The wife and I keep the bees as well. There's always a county contact for bee keeping who will come catch swarms like that and stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 02:35:43 PM »
I called my wasp guy.  He checked with my hornet guy.  He conferred with my lady bug buy, my millipede guy and my gnat man.  They had a conference call with my cricket guy, the earthworm lady, my junebug guy, the butterfly chick and the moth man.  Ran their conclusions past my silverfish fellow, my ant dude and my beetle woman.  

They said poke up in there with a broom, a can of hairspray and a lighter.  You should be fine.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
Bee Dude hasn't shown yet.  Went home at lunch and could hear them buzzing up in the vent.  Then we couldn't hear it anymore, even when we tapped on it several times.  Went out in the garage and there were a bunch of them swarming around in there.  We never get bees in the garage.  Wasps?  Oh yeah.  Those savage devil dogs are constantly making their way in there.  I have 3 cans of teh Raids and Hot Shots at the ready.

Maybe the bees are out doing their bee things that bees do and then they'll come back this afternoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 03:04:19 PM »
Bee Dude hasn't shown yet.  Went home at lunch and could hear them buzzing up in the vent.  Then we couldn't hear it anymore, even when we tapped on it several times.  Went out in the garage and there were a bunch of them swarming around in there.  We never get bees in the garage.  Wasps?  Oh yeah.  Those savage devil dogs are constantly making their way in there.  I have 3 cans of teh Raids and Hot Shots at the ready.

Maybe the bees are out doing their bee things that bees do and then they'll come back this afternoon.
Is it sunny and kind of warm? Yep.

Contact your county beekeeper association (use the Googles).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 03:12:28 PM »
Is it sunny and kind of warm? Yep.

Contact your county beekeeper association (use the Googles).
It was the County that put us in touch with Bee Dude.  He was on another bee job this morning and is supposed to get us this afternoon.  Apparently a lot of bee stuff going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 03:17:31 PM »
It was the County that put us in touch with Bee Dude.  He was on another bee job this morning and is supposed to get us this afternoon.  Apparently a lot of bee stuff going on.
They busy.  Busy bees.  (I'll be here all week). 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 03:26:59 PM »
I don't understand why I sleep all day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 03:38:06 PM »
I don't understand why I sleep all day.
Read a book to stay awake
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 05:11:39 PM »
Can't you just light up a stogie and turn the vent fan on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »
Can't you just light up a stogie and turn the vent fan on?
My God, man.  Don't you know what second hand smoke could do to their little bee lungs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 12:11:37 AM »
My God, man.  Don't you know what second hand smoke could do to their little bee lungs?
And they do also. That's why they will run from it. Win-win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 03:22:34 PM »
I'm bored.  So I'll talk about more other world problems, useless information and mundane observations.  One of the things about getting older, and yes, believe it or not, I'm older, is that you start to realize your body definitely changes.  I was always young, strong and invincible.  Now, when I get out of bed to go to the bathroom, grunts and groans involuntarily come out of my mouth and I sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies as every joint in my body snaps, crackles and pops while I walk down the hall.  If I got hurt playing sports, I'd give it at least half a day's rest before jumping right back into whatever it was.  However, lately I worry about tearing an ACL or spraining an ankle if I get off the couch too fast between innings of the Braves game.  The biggest worry about getting up there in age is any new, strange ache or pain.  Your mind wonders what it is, where it came from and most importantly, is this the big one, Elizabeth?

A few days ago, I get out of the shower and instead of ravaging my hot body, Snagette announces, "That place on your back looks worse.  You need to get that checked out."

Well shit!!!  Just what I wanted to hear.  What is it, where did it come from and is this the big one, Elizabeth?  So, I call the Derma-Doc Dude. (No relation to Bee Dude) Experience has normally been that I can call and say I woke up this morning and found half my face covered with a black, hairy mole that's moving on its own and appears to be growing about an inch every 5 minutes.....Okay sir, it looks like our first available appointment is next November 17th at 9:00 a.m.

Can you get me in any sooner because I'm pretty sure I'll be dead by then. 

But lo and behold, they booked me the very next morning. (Today)  I didn't sleep much because I know when I go, Derma-Doc is going to check every inch of my body and there's no doubt at some point he's going to say, "Whoa.....that's not good."  Which means I'll most certainly be headed over to the nearest hospital to spend the rest of the day going through every test known to man while my mind races through every dire diagnosis possible.

But that wasn't the case at all.  In fact, other than a few very minute areas that he said could be pre-cancerous, for which he put some burning creamy substance on, he said overall I looked great.  But, that didn't seem to really register with me because I spent the entire exam focused on another problem.  You see, the stunning, young sex-goddess who walked me back to the exam room and asked me all the initial questions....stayed in there through the exam. 

Doc:  Okay, take off your shirt and let's take a look.

Do I have to?

Of course you do.

Why?

Well, how can I look at the problem through your shirt?

Don't you have like an x-ray machine or something?

What? Don't be silly.  Take off your shirt so I can examine you.

You know, I just realized I have a very important meeting in 5 minutes at....

Take off your shirt!!!

Oh....alright.

Jabba the Hutt | Disney Wiki | Fandom

I was going to start my summer diet this coming Monday.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 03:44:33 PM »
She wasn't remotely interested in jacked-grampa, so just volunteer to drop trou next time as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.