Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher College Foosballz Observations/Opinions Here

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Putcher College Foosballz Observations/Opinions Here
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2019, 12:39:46 PM »
I want to drive this bad boy around town. Bucket list.

Image result for Oscar Meyer vehicle images
With Snaggle balls on the rear view? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2019, 12:41:30 PM »
I used to live close to Tuscaloosa.  Kid went to private school there in a place that was probably 80% Bama fans.

One of the fundraisers we were expected to work as parents was the concession stand at Alabama football games. (This is another story but my horribly shitty attitude and refusal to wear their colors forced them to let me buy out of that obligation and only work it once).

So before working it I heard from hundreds of their dumbass fans about their amazing hot dog sauce and how it was the best of any stadium in the country.  They’d tried it all but theirs was a secret mix and unparalleled. 

So I’m working the stand and my the-opposite-of-chick-fil-a demeanor with the drunken rubes who staggered up to the window and sprayed halitosis in my face through their four remaining teeth as they ordered half full cokes and hot dogs convinces the guy “in charge” that maybe I’m a bigger asset if I work behind the scenes assembling.  Shortly after halftime we run out of the magical secret hot dog sauce.  I’m sent to the back to create more.  Well, at least I will get something out of this experience.  I ask for the secret recipe, expecting to find pre-mixed ingredients that give it the allure ive been led to believe it possesses. And the guy running the stand leans in and whispers “two parts ketchup, one part mustard.” 

Fools.
Eureka!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2019, 12:42:04 PM »
Matches the humor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2019, 02:14:36 PM »
Try to catch me ridin' dirty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2019, 03:13:31 PM »
Try to catch me ridin' dirty.
He be a trickstah. Don't  be fooled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2019, 03:59:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »
Quick JHS observation.  Some of the game day changes were posted a week or two ago, including info about the new metal detectors.  Word of advice, plan accordingly.  It takes 3 times as long to get in the gate.  They not only do the bag checks, but now you're in single file and everyone has to empty their pockets etc.  So, if you do like a lot of people, including me, and say I'll leave in time to get in and see the eagle fly and pregame festivities, move that time up about 15 minutes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2019, 10:29:33 PM »
Joey Gatewood should be the starting QB for Auburn. Whitlow and Joiner should be splitting reps at RB. Too bad Gus is stubborn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2019, 10:39:03 PM »
Joey Gatewood should be the starting QB for Auburn. Whitlow and Joiner should be splitting reps at RB. Too bad Gus is stubborn.
Yeah we can just run the option with John Franklin III.
Agree on Joiner.

No way JG should start. But he should damn sure get more playing time.  Nix is maki m so e good decisions. He's missing some open guys, but that can be fixed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2019, 11:39:27 PM »
Yeah we can just run the option with John Franklin III.
Agree on Joiner.

No way JG should start. But he should damn sure get more playing time.  Nix is maki m so e good decisions. He's missing some open guys, but that can be fixed.
Would really like to know why Gus was so openly pissed with Nix after some nice keepers. Started leaving the ball high afterwards.

It was Kent State. Let's see what this offensive line does on the road against much better talent. Agree Gatewood needs a few series but we did all that in clean-up against a team that gave its all in the first half.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:48:34 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2019, 03:27:37 AM »
No.
We have opponents on the schedule that will require our QB to throw as much or more than Nix did vs. Oregon.
I'm not convinced our line can pass block any better than they run block.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2019, 09:41:36 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2019, 12:22:08 PM »
In my opinion, it's a formula and system issue, fellas. Gus hates that people think all he's good at is designing an offense that is best operated by a mobile QB with either serious speed or brute force enough to negate lack of top-end speed. It's why we keep getting players (some good, some not so much, so with real talent) who are ham-fisted into a role that doesn't work best for their skills. Bo Nix has talent for days. Can he throw better than JG1? Yep, no argument. But the element of a big, physical, running QB along with solid RBs is Gus' calling card. Some of you are right to point out the offensive line issues and those there. However, I think we could work around some of those issues with the 2010/2013 Gus offense vs. all this other stuff. Getting super excited after housing a mid to lower MAC team is not something I can get up for. I'm prepared to watch Auburn get it pushed in a lot over the next two months. 

/rant
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2019, 01:34:27 PM »
In my opinion, it's a formula and system issue, fellas. Gus hates that people think all he's good at is designing an offense that is best operated by a mobile QB with either serious speed or brute force enough to negate lack of top-end speed. It's why we keep getting players (some good, some not so much, so with real talent) who are ham-fisted into a role that doesn't work best for their skills. Bo Nix has talent for days. Can he throw better than JG1? Yep, no argument. But the element of a big, physical, running QB along with solid RBs is Gus' calling card. Some of you are right to point out the offensive line issues and those there. However, I think we could work around some of those issues with the 2010/2013 Gus offense vs. all this other stuff. Getting super excited after housing a mid to lower MAC team is not something I can get up for. I'm prepared to watch Auburn get it pushed in a lot over the next two months.

/rant
Look I can imagine how Mississippi State would have fared if Mullen had gotten Cam Newton followed by Dak Prescott. Would have also attracted more talent. 
Can also envision Bo Nix playing for Mike Leach. Couldn't blame him if he had gone anywhere but Auburn. 

Our moronic coach had a shitty offensive line returning the year Cam rightfully decided to turn pro. Also why we failed to get Russell Wilson IMO.

Malzahn's done this before. It's why I've bitched about him signing 8 wide receivers and 3 midgets when we desperately needed offensive linemen, defensive linemen or linebackers. He is of the mind that he can load up on skill players while skimping on the big guys which is the foundation of a team.

And to your point those recruited by him turn into role players by being underutilized and undercoached...see Kodi Burns. We probably lost George Pickens for this very reason. Don't like how the kid did Auburn but I get it. And I've understood losing many others that should have been Auburn locks that went elsewhere.

But we live in the now and Nix has far more to overcome than just a piss poor offensive line. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2019, 02:25:10 PM »
I thought Nix was very efficient last night.  I think he was 13-17.  Yes, it was KentState but you have to be satisfied when your team does exactly what they should do against that level opponent.  I also liked our pass rush last night.  Seemed to get after the QB a lot better.  Good stuff to build on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2019, 04:14:45 PM »
I thought Nix was very efficient last night.  I think he was 13-17.  Yes, it was KentState but you have to be satisfied when your team does exactly what they should do against that level opponent.  I also liked our pass rush last night.  Seemed to get after the QB a lot better.  Good stuff to build on.
I was actually more concerned with the way our defense played than the offense for the first time in like.....forever.
Also, am I the only one that wanted to drop kick Kent States whiny coach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2019, 06:48:25 PM »
I was actually more concerned with the way our defense played than the offense for the first time in like.....forever.
Also, am I the only one that wanted to drop kick Kent States whiny coach?
Said he was a douche the first 5 mins. It was obvious. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2019, 06:54:08 PM »
Look I can imagine how Mississippi State would have fared if Mullen had gotten Cam Newton followed by Dak Prescott. Would have also attracted more talent.
Can also envision Bo Nix playing for Mike Leach. Couldn't blame him if he had gone anywhere but Auburn.

Our moronic coach had a shootty offensive line returning the year Cam rightfully decided to turn pro. Also why we failed to get Russell Wilson IMO.

Malzahn's done this before. It's why I've bitched about him signing 8 wide receivers and 3 midgets when we desperately needed offensive linemen, defensive linemen or linebackers. He is of the mind that he can load up on skill players while skimping on the big guys which is the foundation of a team.

And to your point those recruited by him turn into role players by being underutilized and undercoached...see Kodi Burns. We probably lost George Pickens for this very reason. Don't like how the kid did Auburn but I get it. And I've understood losing many others that should have been Auburn locks that went elsewhere.

But we live in the now and Nix has far more to overcome than just a piss poor offensive line.
Like button
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2019, 09:13:38 PM »
Said he was a douche the first 5 mins. It was obvious.
Must be a Kent St thing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2019, 10:42:50 PM »
We are a 2.5 point underdog at College Station.
Against Clemson they held the Dabo's to 3 of 9 on 3rd downs.
Clemson scored 17 in the second quarter but throughout the game A@M was stingy against the run. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 11:02:12 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions