Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AUBURN V. RIVER RATS Yaw Yaw and Farmer Fran thread... post often.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: AUBURN V. RIVER RATS Yaw Yaw and Farmer Fran thread... post often.
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2017, 12:12:21 AM »
You know what?  FUCK this. 

I've never once been ashamed to wear my Auburn gear, any where or any time.  I'm one of those who routinely puts on an Auburn shirt on Sundays after a loss.  Every single year I was in high school I wore an Auburn shirt to school on the Monday after the Iron Bowl even though we never beat those bastards from seventh to 12th grade. 

Tonight I had to go to a backyard party after the game.  I didn't feel like going, really, but I was obligated to do so.  It was a casual deal and a lot of people I didn't know at all. 

Before I left and without even thinking, I took my Auburn shirt off and changed in to something else.  It was subconscious, but I did it. 

This is what Gus has lowered me to doing.  The act was subconscious, but as I examine it now I knew there would be Bama fans and LSU fans at this thing and I was so pissed off and frustrated I didn't want anybody to say shit to me. I didn't want to hear it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2017, 05:31:43 AM »
It's simple.  You let Chip call the plays, you get what we have the last 3 weeks.  When Gus goes water-head and takes it over, you get Clemson....up the middle...try and throw long.  You get LSU from the 2nd quarter on....up the middle....throw long. As soon as we went up 20-0, Malzahn said, "I got this".  Lindsey had zero impact on the game from that point forward.  None!  That was ALL Gus Malzahn and what he's become.  You let Lindsey call that game, we coast 52-14.  Stadium is empty midway through the 3rd.  We're top 6.  You let Lindsey call this whole season and we're #3 at worst.  This all on Gus.  Fuck him!!!
S you're saying someone let Gus eat some crayons again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Ogre

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2017, 06:26:28 AM »
This one hurt.  Bad.  I turned our game off when they went up 24-23 and I couldn't stomach watching another down of football - any football - yesterday.  Can't remember the last time that's happened.  Instead, I sat on the couch with my 2 youngest kids and watched Moana.  And actually enjoyed it. 

I'll tune in for Arkansas next week, but at this point I'm not going to be surprised if we come out and lay another turd in Fayetteville.  Arkansas is horrible, but I've lost any confidence I had in Gus. 

In summary,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2017, 09:48:24 AM »
I would say give Steele a shot but maybe it should be Chip.

Either way, axe Gus now. Have a working interview rest of season.

Axe JJ and return TV to the Western Auto.

Would like to have a band again instead of P Diddy all game.

Easy for me. I don't have a box, game day condo, season tix, etc. Easy for me to boycot like the NFL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2017, 10:52:56 AM »
It's simple.  You let Chip call the plays, you get what we have the last 3 weeks.  When Gus goes water-head and takes it over, you get Clemson....up the middle...try and throw long.  You get LSU from the 2nd quarter on....up the middle....throw long. As soon as we went up 20-0, Malzahn said, "I got this".  Lindsey had zero impact on the game from that point forward.  None!  That was ALL Gus Malzahn and what he's become.  You let Lindsey call that game, we coast 52-14.  Stadium is empty midway through the 3rd.  We're top 6.  You let Lindsey call this whole season and we're #3 at worst.  This all on Gus.  Fuck him!!!

Other than a Faberge-sturdy ego, why in the blue fuck would Gus even bother getting involved? Things were going well.  Sit back and enjoy the ride, Gus.  Fucking idiocy.

Having been on the receiving end of such shenanigans as an OC at Arkansas, I would hope that Gus would know how counterproductive this approach is.  The ball was already rolling, but the rift between Gus and Hooty (based on this revolving playcaller bullshit) was really the catalyst that set fire to Nutt's tenure in Fayetteville.  Gus can't see that he's become Houston Goddamned Nutt.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:55:37 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »
As someone who has suffered from hydrocephalus, I take exception to the waterhead commment, you insensitive bald headed bastard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »
As someone who has suffered from hydrocephalus, I take exception to the waterhead commment, you insensitive bald headed bastard.

Water Head

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »
This is a brutal review. 

http://gridironnow.com/auburn-coaches-distraught-following-loss-lsu/

Points out what any average high school coach should have known.  LSU sold out to stop the run by moving a safety up onto the line. 

What do you do in that situation?  It's simple.  You attack the area the safety just left.  Intermediate passes. Crossing routes. Play action. 

I'll take "Things Gus Did Not Do" for $4 million, Alex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2017, 12:31:14 PM »
This is a brutal review. 

Points out what any average high school coach should have known.  LSU sold out to stop the run by moving a safety up onto the line. 

What do you do in that situation?  It's simple.  You attack the area the safety just left.  Intermediate passes. Crossing routes. Play action. 

I say we send him out for remedial coaching 099 and just don't allow him back on campus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2017, 01:17:22 PM »
This is a brutal review. 

Good article but all it did was piss me off more. I'm thinking, why in the hell didn't I go into coaching?

If this idiot can keep a gig this long, pretty sure I could. 17 straight runs on 1st down.

Past time to move on.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:18:53 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »
This is a brutal review. 

The part about the coaches and their mood - to me was more troubling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2017, 01:39:48 PM »
The part about the coaches and their mood - to me was more troubling.

and this one:

“One of the Auburn assistants told me, ‘this game is likely going to cost us our job, we totally collapsed,’” Landry said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2017, 02:31:30 PM »
A touchdown on any of the field goal possessions. 
Going for it on fourth down and inches at midfield.
Not having just one effective player on offense and richardriding him until he wears out.
Letting Stidham take one or two carries just to keep LSU from stacking 19 in the box
Trying some intermediate passes.
Coaching the receivers. At all. 

Nothing but Mickey Mouse shoot from this staff.

I’ve never minded losing games.  We lost our share under Tuberville and Dye. But we never got pantsed Like seems to happen regularly with these fudgeers.

We can Gus and it’s possible we wander through the desert like Tennessee has for a decade.  But I cannot take this feast and famine horseshoot we get from this shootty crew.

You honestly want to know when I knew this game was lost? 

First and goal from the LSU 10 with about 3:00 left, leading 20-7.  Asses pucker. Jet sweep to the short side.  Two yards.  Johnson plows into the line for a loss. Incomplete.  Field goal and a 23-7 lead. 

I turned to my LSU friend and congratulated her on the win.

When it was third and goal I made a bet that if we kicked a field goal on this possession we would lose.  I can't believe I found a sucker to take that bet.

Once it was over, and he was handing my my money, he asked how I knew that would happen.  My answer, I've seen this from Ol Gus more than once.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2017, 04:26:02 PM »
I have coached 6 year old flag football, and I could have called a better second half game plan than that. 

I don't get it, I mean I do it's Gus being so stubborn that he thinks his way will continue to work, but how can you be that fucking blind?  It just amazes me.

I mean even a H.S. coach should be able to see and make those changes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2017, 04:31:47 PM »
I have coached 6 year old flag football, and I could have called a better second half game plan than that. 

I don't get it, I mean I do it's Gus being so stubborn that he thinks his way will continue to work, but how can you be that fucking blind?  It just amazes me.

I mean even a H.S. Junior High coach should be able to see and make those changes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2017, 05:07:31 PM »

I mean even a H.S. coach should be able to see and make those changes.

I think he needs to be let go based on the simple fact that he's bi-polar, at least as far as his coaching is concerned.  He's either bi-polar or the stress and his paranoia have gotten the best of him. 

Who was calling plays by the end of the 2015 season?  Remember how he said Lashlee was but it was clear by season's end that Gus had taken most, if not all of it back over.

Then, he infamously said he was taking total charge of the offense again in 2016.  He was going to do what he does best.  3 games, 8 QB's and a few twirleybirds later, he says, "Nope, I'ma let Rhett handle it from here.  I can't do it anymore".  Pretty sure he had his hands all over it again over in Athens and Tuscaloosa.

2017?  This is Chip's offense.  He's running it.  He's calling the plays.  It's his baby.  Every AU fan and their dogs know he took it back over for the Clemson game.  And I have zero doubt in my mind that as soon as we went up 20 zip, he told Lindsey "I got this from here." BTW, you don't need a play card to call a run up the middle 3 out of every 4 plays.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2017, 05:10:06 PM »
I think he needs to be let go based on the simple fact that he's bi-polar, at least as far as his coaching is concerned.  He's either bi-polar or the stress and his paranoia have gotten the best of him. 

Who was calling plays by the end of the 2015 season?  Remember how he said Lashlee was but it was clear by season's end that Gus had taken most, if not all of it back over.

Then, he infamously said he was taking total charge of the offense again in 2016.  He was going to do what he does best.  3 games, 8 QB's and a few twirleybirds later, he says, "Nope, I'ma let Rhett handle it from here.  I can't do it anymore".  Pretty sure he had his hands all over it again over in Athens and Tuscaloosa.

2017?  This is Chip's offense.  He's running it.  He's calling the plays.  It's his baby.  Every AU fan and their dogs know he took it back over for the Clemson game.  And I have zero doubt in my mind that as soon as we went up 20 zip, he told Lindsey "I got this from here." BTW, you don't need a play card to call a run up the middle 3 out of every 4 plays.

Yeah but that play card comes in handy on those slow developing play action deep routes on third downs.

Sheesh, you act like you know the game of football or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2017, 05:20:49 PM »
Yeah but that play card comes in handy on those slow developing play action deep routes on third downs.

Sheesh, you act like you know the game of football or something.

Oh please.  You obviously don't understand the art of communication between the sidelines and the press box.  It goes like this.

"Well shit, I was sure they'd never see those 2 runs up the middle coming.  Call one of those slow developing play action deep routes."

Again?

"Just do it"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2017, 10:35:47 AM »
BTW, you don't need a play card to call a run up the middle 3 out of every 4 plays.
Behind the scenes look at the cards used in the second half in Red Stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2017, 11:18:37 AM »
Hussel.  Ur doin' it rite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions