Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why They Should Stand

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Why They Should Stand
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 02:30:17 PM »
I got no issue with social justice protest or whatever floats your boat. If you do it peacefully.

But not during the anthem. Why that time of all times? Why not hold a presser. Loser LeBron, that little kid Curry, Kaperdick, Jesse jackson - they can all call a press conference. Announce they are forming some bullshit coalition to combat social injustices to their sensitive vaginas. Call it's a charity or whatever. File it as a 501c and start tossing money into it. Hell even march in the streets with signs. A knee during the anthem does NOTHING but disrespect a sacred 2 mins during a sporting event.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 02:40:24 PM »
I got no issue with social justice protest or whatever floats your boat. If you do it peacefully.

But not during the anthem. Why that time of all times? Why not hold a presser. Loser LeBron, that little kid Curry, Kaperdick, Jesse jackson - they can all call a press conference. Announce they are forming some bullshit coalition to combat social injustices to their sensitive vaginas. Call it's a charity or whatever. File it as a 501c and start tossing money into it. Hell even march in the streets with signs. A knee during the anthem does NOTHING but disrespect a sacred 2 mins during a sporting event.
March in the street with signs...how many here have said "I'll run a sumbitch over, goddamn it!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 02:41:20 PM »
I know you didn't write that, but I applaud your copy and paste. 

It gave me feels.
Did the correct spelling give it away?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 02:42:35 PM »
March in the street with signs...how many here have said "I'll run a sumbitch over, goddamn it!"

Me. Your right to protest does not override my right of free movement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2017, 02:48:54 PM »

Well if they get permits and get it approved then the police will provide support and barricade those streets. I don't like it and I think it's a waste of resources but I wouldn't try and stop it.

Wouldn't you think that's a better way to show their disdain or a cause?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2017, 04:29:57 PM »

Will you be marching? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2017, 07:40:59 PM »
Well if they get permits and get it approved then the police will provide support and barricade those streets. I don't like it and I think it's a waste of resources but I wouldn't try and stop it.

Wouldn't you think that's a better way to show their disdain or a cause?
You realize people are still talking about Colin Kaepernick's protest from over a year ago right? Now more players are protesting this year, across multiple sports including amateur sports...all from the original protest.

Kneeling during the National Anthem was the best way of a peaceful protest (kinda hard to have agitators during the kneeling protest).
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:57:55 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2017, 07:59:33 PM »
You realize people are still talking about Colin Kaepernick's protest from over a year ago right? Now more players are protesting this year, across multiple sports including amateur sports...all from the original protest.

Kneeling during the National Anthem was the best way of a peaceful protest (kinda hard to have agitators during the kneeling protest).

I get it dude. I just think that when they are doing it is the worst possible time to do so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 09:03:32 PM »
I get it dude. I just think that when they are doing it is the worst possible time to do so.
I liked the way that the Dallas Cowboys did it. Though, it wouldn't have sparked as much interest as it is now...Aaaand a lot of Americans wouldn't have shown their true colors and admit that they'd rather live like the Germans did back in the 30s or like the North Koreans do now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »
I liked the way that the Dallas Cowboys did it. Though, it wouldn't have sparked as much interest as it is now...Aaaand a lot of Americans wouldn't have shown their true colors and admit that they'd rather live like the Germans did back in the 30s or like the North Koreans do now.

Disagree on all fronts.  If none of this had been going on (The Anthem kneeling) and the Dallas Cowboys walked out arm in arm to midfield and knelt just before the Anthem, the media would be going crazy to find out why.  They would all have a platform to speak about why and there would be almost zero negativity and push back from the public.  As for the rest of it, despite the fact that you served, there are millions of other Americans who did as well and find the fact that they have chosen to protest during the 2 minutes we pay tribute to the flag and our country, extremely offensive. It makes no difference what the protesters say their intent is, their actions are flat out offensive to so many.  And unlike this snowflake generation, their being offended makes no difference.  They have no say.  Their opinions don't matter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 10:34:22 PM »
Disagree on all fronts.  If none of this had been going on (The Anthem kneeling) and the Dallas Cowboys walked out arm in arm to midfield and knelt just before the Anthem, the media would be going crazy to find out why.  They would all have a platform to speak about why and there would be almost zero negativity and push back from the public.  As for the rest of it, despite the fact that you served, there are millions of other Americans who did as well and find the fact that they have chosen to protest during the 2 minutes we pay tribute to the flag and our country, extremely offensive. It makes no difference what the protesters say their intent is, their actions are flat out offensive to so many.  And unlike this snowflake generation, their being offended makes no difference.  They have no say.  Their opinions don't matter.
Write as if you actual have gonad. And sense. Unusual for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2017, 11:45:45 PM »

Not so. The message has been lost. All anyone cares about is that they are kneeling. Don't care why!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 11:57:06 PM »

Not so. The message has been lost. All anyone cares about is that they are kneeling. Don't care why!
And that's the problem now. Need to change it up like the Cowboys did. Kneel before the anthem so that the snowflakes won't get all in a hissy fit that the players aren't standing at attention for the anthem, while they sit in their recliners, wearing their American flag tank top, eating cheesy puffs.

As for the millions that served and have a problem with their protest, they should look back and remember that they swore an oath to the constitution. It is because of them, that the players are able to protest. I've said it before, protesting is the most American thing anyone can do, it's how America was created...though it wasn't as peaceful as say kneeling during the anthem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 12:34:02 AM »
And that's the problem now. Need to change it up like the Cowboys did. Kneel before the anthem so that the snowflakes won't get all in a hissy fit that the players aren't standing at attention for the anthem, while they sit in their recliners, wearing their American flag tank top, eating cheesy puffs.

As for the millions that served and have a problem with their protest, they should look back and remember that they swore an oath to the constitution. It is because of them, that the players are able to protest. I've said it before, protesting is the most American thing anyone can do, it's how America was created...though it wasn't as peaceful as say kneeling during the anthem.

It's not a problem. I don't give a shit. I'm done. And so are a shitload of others.
Your crusade has been lost!

Classic. A snowflake attempting to call others what HE is.
You lose twice today!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 08:58:56 AM »

I got no problems with people wanting to protest, but do it on their own time.  I pay to watch a sport, either through cable subscriptions or actual tickets, I don't give a shit about your stance go to work and perform.

This is the difference to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »
I got no problems with people wanting to protest, but do it on their own time.  I pay to watch a sport, either through cable subscriptions or actual tickets, I don't give a shit about your stance go to work and perform.

Dance, monkey!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »

Real skreets right here folks.

The rest is fake news.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 01:12:58 PM »

Yawl are gonna run out of flags to protest pretty soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 02:02:22 PM »

He speaks for most of us.

And that's all I'm sayin. You wanna protest? Have at it. Got no issue with it. It's WHEN they are doing it I have an issue with. I listed out a few scenarios in my reply up top they could choose instead. 2 mins. 2 friggin mins that are sacred. And that's when you choose to be a crybaby. Screw that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE