Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Spring Is In The Air

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Spring Is In The Air
« on: February 28, 2017, 12:04:57 PM »
Feels like summer is too. Took off yesterday and did yard work, cleaning up the winter weeds and crap, trimming hedges and slinging about 25 bales of pine straw.  It's the end of February and I spent all day swatting gnats and mosquitoes.  Really? 

Other than yard work, the Tigers report today for the first day of Spring practice.  I can feel the buzz in the air.  No really, it's a damn bee that won't leave me alone.  So:

Sean White appears to be out while the arm heals.  (GF, we need insider updates on his status)  Obviously, that means Stidham will get that many more reps.  I sincerely hope they move Barrett up the ladder and give him substantial reps.  In the meantime, either teach Clifford Franklin XXVII to return punts, catch passes or fit him with a keen Sodexo shirt.

Anxious to hear quotes from the offensive players to see if it sounds like Lindsey is really running his offense or if it's just Lashlee Light.  I'll believe Malzahn is relinquishing control when I see it. I just have this suspicion that it's going to look exactly the same. 

Losing Lawson and Montravelosity will be a blow.  However, we've got serious numbers on D at every position.  I think the main focus will be finding out who will be the man (menz) to get pressure off the edge.  There's no reason this defense can't be top 3 in the conference.  (Behind the next greatest D since 92', of course)

We have a 3-story, garbage can nailing long snapper coming who will get the opportunity to learn behind a seasoned veteran.  The competition there could be the talk of Spring camp.  Not for the faint of heart.

Thoughts?  Anything you're looking for?  Anyone going to the game?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Spring Is In The Air
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »
Feels like summer is too. Took off yesterday and did yard work, cleaning up the winter weeds and crap, trimming hedges and slinging about 25 bales of pine straw.  It's the end of February and I spent all day swatting gnats and mosquitoes.  Really? 

Other than yard work, the Tigers report today for the first day of Spring practice.  I can feel the buzz in the air.  No really, it's a damn bee that won't leave me alone.  So:

Sean White appears to be out while the arm heals.  (GF, we need insider updates on his status)  Obviously, that means Stidham will get that many more reps.  I sincerely hope they move Barrett up the ladder and give him substantial reps.  In the meantime, either teach Clifford Franklin XXVII to return punts, catch passes or fit him with a keen Sodexo shirt.

Anxious to hear quotes from the offensive players to see if it sounds like Lindsey is really running his offense or if it's just Lashlee Light.  I'll believe Malzahn is relinquishing control when I see it. I just have this suspicion that it's going to look exactly the same. 

Losing Lawson and Montravelosity will be a blow.  However, we've got serious numbers on D at every position.  I think the main focus will be finding out who will be the man (menz) to get pressure off the edge.  There's no reason this defense can't be top 3 in the conference.  (Behind the next greatest D since 92', of course)

We have a 3-story, garbage can nailing long snapper coming who will get the opportunity to learn behind a seasoned veteran.  The competition there could be the talk of Spring camp.  Not for the faint of heart.

Thoughts?  Anything you're looking for?  Anyone going to the game?   

I think this is everyone's great worry.

Mid 70's to 80's all week here. I have a tee time Doctors appt Thursday at 1:00pm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »
Global wermin'. Blame Bush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:05:44 PM »

Sean White appears to be out while the arm heals. 

Has the heart of lion but the body of a grand mother.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 02:06:37 PM »
Report on our local talk show says Kyle Davis is out right now for "personal reasons".  Troof???  Anyone...anyone?  Also said Markell Boston no longer with the team.  Anyone?  Bueller?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »
Stephen Davis Jr, is no longer with the team.

Also Deon Mix (who?) and Cameron Toney (who?) are Graduated Seniors and are transferring to play ball somewhere else.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 02:53:20 PM »

Also Deon Mix (who?) and Cameron Toney (who?) are Graduated Seniors and are transferring to play ball somewhere else.

Is there an owl in here?

Deon was pretty highly rated coming out of HS but could never get in the mix.   :rimshot:

Somebody give me the warm fuzzies and tell me Kyle Davis will be back and ready to go.  Okay, just saw these little blurbettes from Gus' tell-nothing presser.

Justin Ferguson 12:35 PM ET 

Player updates

- OT Deon Mix and LB Cameron Toney are no longer with the team.

- Safety Markell Boston is no longer with the team.

- WR Kyle Davis will take care of some personal issues this spring, expected to be back for spring break.

- WR Darius Slayton is out for spring after hernia surgery.

- LB K.J. Britt is out for spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »
Is there an owl in here?

Fred...she's gotten her boobies.

And they're soooo perky!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 05:24:19 PM »
Fred...she's gotten her boobies.

And they're soooo perky!

What the hell are you bitchin' about? I gotta sleep under some Chinaman named after a duck's dork.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 06:17:14 PM »

Haven't been with the team since the Sugar Bowl...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 09:15:23 PM »
So, why did we lose Stephen Davis Jr?  We seem to have some bad luck with legacies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 09:19:36 PM »
So, why did we lose Stephen Davis Jr?  We seem to have some bad luck with legacies.

Terry Bowden forgot he was on the roster and tried to pass the ball all day. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 11:09:38 PM »
Terry Bowden forgot he was on the roster and tried to pass the ball all day.

You just had to bring up Tampa, didn't you?  My therapist said with a few more sessions and upping the dose a couple of milligrams and that nasty tic would be just about gone. 

Bastard!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 09:27:52 AM »
Day 1 in the books and after watching very detailed, in-depth film of the QB's handing the ball off, I'm calling National Championship, baby. 

What? 

It looked like the drills they were running had Stidham at #1 and Barrett with the 2's.  Given the injury situation with White, that's exactly what I would hope for.  For me, the two biggest things with this offense are Lindsey putting in a real passing game and having a QB to stay healthy all season running it. 

Let me say that if Stidham or Barrett were to show out and win the job over White, that means we'll be that much better in 17'.  Because if you could assure me that Sean White would be healthy for a full season and start every game, I'd be perfectly fine with that.  I'd say we would definitely contend for the West.  Despite all the naysayers, the guy has proven to me that when he's healthy, we're really good.  When he went down the last 2 years, we were a turd floating in the ocean.  So, if he's healthy or either of the other two beat him out, I'm really looking forward to this season.

As far as the passing game, I've said this before but last season, I had two different HS coaches tell me that if AU got in a situation where they had to come from behind by passing, we'd be lucky to string together 2-3 first downs, with or without a good QB.  I know it was HS coaches but they both recognized that the passing schemes were junior high at best. If the running game is clicking like is necessary in CGM's system, then play action is always there.  If they have to pass, another turd in the ocean.  Anyways, that's what I want to see changed under Lindsey more than anything else.

Maybe War Eagle!!! could chime in.  I believe he knows a thing or three about the position.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 08:59:20 PM »
JFIII putting in the work ........

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/03/auburn_john_franklin_iii_embra.html#incart_river_home_pop

I've seen a few of his hype videos on Twitter and they don't sit well with me, but that's probably generational.

I hope he embraces the switch like Kodi did.  He's got a ton of talent and could be a difference maker if he can check his ego.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 09:30:22 PM »
I've seen a few of his hype videos on Twitter and they don't sit well with me, but that's probably generational.

I hope he embraces the switch like Kodi did.  He's got a ton of talent and could be a difference maker if he can check his ego.

I hope the kid does well, but personally, I'm pulling for Jason Smith to finish his career skrong!  He had some huge plays in 2015, few as they were, and looked like he could be a stud.  But I think the combination of the influx of so many big dog freshman receivers and the total lack of a passing game pre-Sean and post-Sean, had him lost in the shuffle. 

I read an article a while back where his quotes were very much Kodi-esque in saying he just wanted to contribute and help all the young guys as much as possible.  He may be one you see on the sidelines too one day.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 10:05:19 PM »
FYI...Kyle Davis is not back.  In fact, he's out "indefinitely" or until his personal bidness is handled, whichever comes first.  Too bad, because he was one hell of a shot blocker for Cliff Ellis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 10:17:41 PM »
FYI...Kyle Davis is not back.  In fact, he's out "indefinitely" or until his personal bidness is handled, whichever comes first.  Too bad, because he was one hell of a shot blocker for Cliff Ellis.

He's no Mamadou Enzyme
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 10:39:06 PM »
JFIII putting in the work ........

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/03/auburn_john_franklin_iii_embra.html#incart_river_home_pop

How is any of that dancing gonna help him when he gets creamed by one of LSU's or Alabama's goons?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg