Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Subtitle: Bama fans are assholes

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Subtitle: Bama fans are assholes
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:06:01 AM »
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/11/turncoat_carlson_represents_au.html#incart_most-commented_alabamafootball_article

When Daniel Carlson signed with Auburn in 2012, his grandfather stopped calling his grandson by his given name. Grandpa Jones only calls Daniel "Turncoat Carlson" now, and until recently Jones refused to ever watch Daniel play at Auburn's Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Jones attended Auburn's victory against Vanderbilt three weeks ago, but the grandfather says he did it only because he was shamed into it.

"Some of these so-called new Auburn fans, they've been on my case," said Jones, who is 84 and attended Woodlawn High School in Birmingham with Bobby Bowden. "They said, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. That's not how you treat somebody. He is a fine young man. You are bad because you won't go to Auburn to see your grandson play."

So, Jones finally attended a game, he says, to "satisfy" everyone else, "because I'm satisfied."

Does Jones realize how ridiculous that sounds? Yes, of course he does, and he has to fight back tears when talking about how proud he is of his grandson, but, all the same, Jones has also mentioned taking Daniel out of his will.

And

"One thing we would do to our Auburn friends is we would winter grass their yard with the score of the game," said Jodie Carlson, Daniel's mother. "I mean, that was a big deal. We were serious about it. We would do all kinds of little pranks after the game.

"We would hang black wreaths on their front doors. We really gave our Auburn friends a hard time. If we won, we would do something to show them who was the boss for the year."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:09:06 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Subtitle: Bama fans are assholes
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 10:12:38 AM »
It's only fair.  We hung a Scam Newton jersey on the Bahr's statue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 10:21:58 AM »
Fuck's sake.

I can't even process that.  What a full-blown cocksucking jackhole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 10:25:23 AM »
Deacon Jones.  Grew up knowing that family...I honestly had no idea they were that bad, but guess I should have because they were/are bammers.  My pops has taken much joy in watching this play out with Carlson coming to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 10:27:23 AM »
No wonder Daniel went the opposite direction. Who can blame him. He did the equivelant of escaping the crazy asylum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 10:30:13 AM »
Holy hell, what do you have to do to be named #1 fan by the REC?  Burn down a building on Auburn's campus? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 12:42:55 PM »
My 15 year old is decent at golf. Mid to high 70s. Not good enough to get into a big college, but if he were somehow ever able to get in mid to high 60s and got a scholarship offer to Auburn? Or even if he was able to walk on at Auburn and play? 

I'd paint my house orange and blue. My doorbell would be a tiger roar. My alarm would be the scream of an eagle. Hell I might even get an AU tattoo on my forearm.

Well maybe not the last one. I'm a professional and that shit is frowned upon. But fuck anyone else who won't support their bloodline in every aspect of their life because of a stupid fucking rivalry that doesn't really mean shit at the end of the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »
My 15 year old is decent at golf. Mid to high 70s. Not good enough to get into a big college, but if he were somehow ever able to get in mid to high 60s and got a scholarship offer to Auburn? Or even if he was able to walk on at Auburn and play? 

I'd paint my house orange and blue. My doorbell would be a tiger roar. My alarm would be the scream of an eagle. Hell I might even get an AU tattoo on my forearm.

Well maybe not the last one. I'm a professional and that shit is frowned upon. But fuck anyone else who won't support their bloodline in every aspect of their life because of a stupid fucking rivalry that doesn't really mean shit at the end of the day.

Werd!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 02:28:06 PM »
But fudge anyone else who won't support their bloodline in every aspect of their life because of a stupid fudgeing rivalry that doesn't really mean shoot at the end of the day.

Right on! Everyone knows Alabama's primary rival is Tennessee anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 03:38:56 PM »

But fuck anyone else who won't support their bloodline in every aspect of their life because of a stupid fucking rivalry that doesn't really mean shit at the end of the day.

Jesus, half of yawl are married to your sisters I would say that is supporting the bloodline.  :bamahomer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 03:42:14 PM »

Jesus, half of yawl are married to your sisters I would say that is supporting the bloodline.  :bamahomer:

Some love the goat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »

Apparently not if they attend the war eagles. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Alajambama

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 10:22:47 PM »
I am a Bama fan through and through, always have been, always will be. My seventeen year old has absolute plans to go to Auburn to pursue a Chemical Engineering degree. We've been to the campus many times for various reasons (BEST Robotics, basketball, High School football finals and the Texas A&M game this year. The love I have for my son outweighs my hatred for Auburn football. If he continues on his current path, he should get an academic scholarship. I told him if Auburn is willing to pay for his education or even help me pay for it, then War Damn Eagle. We went to Lanett last night for the semi-final in class 2A and we rode over to the Auburn campus just to walk around while it was "dead". We will be back next weekend to watch the Fyffe Red Devils hopefully win their 2nd State Championship in 3 years and also watch the Fyffe Robotics team compete in BEST. Again, I bleed Crimson but I still get chill bumps watching the eagle circle the stadium. They do that for the Super 7 too btw. Rant over, but Roll Tide.

p.s. I may be an asshole when it comes to Alabama football, but not an asshole in "real life" matters such as family.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:24:33 PM by Alajambama »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 10:40:48 PM »
I am a Bama fan through and through, always have been, always will be. My seventeen year old has absolute plans to go to Auburn to pursue a Chemical Engineering degree. We've been to the campus many times for various reasons (BEST Robotics, basketball, High School football finals and the Texas A&M game this year. The love I have for my son outweighs my hatred for Auburn football. If he continues on his current path, he should get an academic scholarship. I told him if Auburn is willing to pay for his education or even help me pay for it, then War Damn Eagle. We went to Lanett last night for the semi-final in class 2A and we rode over to the Auburn campus just to walk around while it was "dead". We will be back next weekend to watch the Fyffe Red Devils hopefully win their 2nd State Championship in 3 years and also watch the Fyffe Robotics team compete in BEST. Again, I bleed Crimson but I still get chill bumps watching the eagle circle the stadium. They do that for the Super 7 too btw. Rant over, but Roll Tide.

p.s. I may be an asshole when it comes to Alabama football, but not an asshole in "real life" matters such as family.

There you go.  Why? Why do you hate Auburn football?  All the positive things you posted about Auburn.  So, why the hate for one sports team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Alajambama

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 10:53:12 PM »

There you go.  Why? Why do you hate Auburn football?  All the positive things you posted about Auburn.  So, why the hate for one sports team?

Same reason you most likely "hate" Alabama football. I'm just a fan. It's just a game. A game I love yes, but a game none the less. If you guys had won today, I would have been pissed (really pissed) but I know the sun would still rise tomorrow morning. I'm just saying that unlike your kicker's grandpa, my family is more important than anything else and if Auburn makes my boy happy, then more power to him. Football is entertainment but a degree is an acheivement that will follow him the rest of his life. Something he will have long after Coach Saban or Gus retire. Maybe "hate" is too strong of a word. I dislike Auburn football. I freaking HATE Tennessee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 11:01:31 PM »
Realistic, logical response.  We're not used to that here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 09:30:06 PM »

Fuck you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 09:39:16 PM »
I don't know about y'all, but I was getting very angry at Gary Danielson whenever Carlson kicked the fieldgoals, he'd always call him "Turncoat Carlson". That's disrespectful, IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

chinook

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 09:45:43 PM »
Fuck you.

yeah ...high school robotics, fuck that noise.  Nerds.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:47:16 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 10:37:29 PM »
I don't know about y'all, but I was getting very angry at Gary Danielson whenever Carlson kicked the fieldgoals, he'd always call him "Turncoat Carlson". That's disrespectful, IMO.

There were many a times I wished for him to die in agony in a fiery bus crash after the game. Their broadcast yesterday was even laughable by their standards. The Joe Namath segment was completely amateur hour and ridiculous. Cbs should be ashamed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE