Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Can Trump win?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Can Trump win?
« on: September 14, 2016, 09:45:44 AM »
Been examining the map. 

For Trump to win, he will need to gain Florida and Ohio, keep Georgia and Arizona. 

He's currently leading in Florida and Ohio.  Georgia and Arizona will eventually fall his way. 

Will also need to pick up two or more of Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Iowa, Missouri.

Or if he stages a huge comeback in Pennsylvania things could take a significant turn.  That seems less likely.

Clinton's path is definitely easier.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Can Trump win?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 09:55:31 AM »
I think Clinton is done. I think Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania all go Trump. Plus a couple of others that we aren't expecting.

The best thing that Hillary has going for her right now is Obama on the campaign trail and Hillary being no where to be seen. He is damn good at this and she sucks. The more she is out there, the worse it will get for her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 10:25:27 AM »
I think Clinton is done. I think Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania all go Trump. Plus a couple of others that we aren't expecting.

The best thing that Hillary has going for her right now is Obama on the campaign trail and Hillary being no where to be seen. He is damn good at this and she sucks. The more she is out there, the worse it will get for her.

Tend to agree. Right now he has it won. Now it's up to him to hold on to it. Florida and Ohio are really all that matter. Penn would be icing for him. He should hold Georgia. But it will closer than normal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
Been examining the map. 

For Trump to win, he will need to gain Florida and Ohio, keep Georgia and Arizona. 

He's currently leading in Florida and Ohio.  Georgia and Arizona will eventually fall his way. 

Will also need to pick up two or more of Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Iowa, Missouri.

Or if he stages a huge comeback in Pennsylvania things could take a significant turn.  That seems less likely.

Clinton's path is definitely easier.

IMO. If he acts like Trump in the debate (should there be any) that hurts him. If he comes out a little like Regan and sticks to the facts he could pound her into the ground.

A little of both would be perfect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 02:48:50 PM »
Have I been looking at the wrong polls or something?

Clinton has this in the bag right now. Kaos is right. Her path is much easier because states with large populations (notably in large urban areas) swing to the Dems.

It's been almost 30 years since Pennsylvania voted red in the presidential election.

The last time the Republicans won the presidential election, they won:

Colorado
New Mexico
Nevada
Virginia

Those four states are leaning heavily towards Hillary outside of Nevada, which is a close race but still projected to go blue.

What should be extremely worrisome for the GOP (and any conservative supporters) is that North Carolina, Iowa, Georgia, and Arizona are close states trending towards voting blue.

IMO Trump cannot win. Not even if he bats a thousand from now until November. Clinton must destroy herself. She's trying to, but she hasn't taken herself out just yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 03:09:41 PM »

Clinton has this in the bag right now. Kaos is right. Her path is much easier because states with large populations (notably in large urban areas) swing to the Dems.

It's been almost 30 years since Pennsylvania voted red in the presidential election.

Colorado
New Mexico
Nevada
Virginia

Those four states are leaning heavily towards Hillary outside of Nevada, which is a close race but still projected to go blue.

What should be extremely worrisome for the GOP (and any conservative supporters) is that North Carolina, Iowa, Georgia, and Arizona are close states trending towards voting blue.

IMO Trump cannot win. Not even if he bats a thousand from now until November. Clinton must destroy herself. She's trying to, but she hasn't taken herself out just yet.

Well she's about the only one left she hasn't tired to.  :haha:

I think (hoping) that the polls like most of the media coverage is very skewed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »

Colorado
New Mexico
Nevada
Virginia

Yes. You are.

Swing state polls are all that matter. And ones that are recent. Also trends the last 3/4 weeks in those polls. He is winning in Ohio and Florida now. He holds that then he wins. That simple. As long as he doesn't lose a red state like Georgia or Utah.

No matter who you like, this thing is going south for her and fast.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:19:00 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 03:53:41 PM »
It's not simple. Winning Ohio and Florida doesn't win him anything. Give him North Carolina and Georgia and Arizona. That puts him at 242.

Give Clinton Pennsylvania. That puts her at 268. Because of her large leads in Colorado and Virginia, she just needs to win one of the following to secure the presidency:

Nevada, Iowa, New Hampshire.

Here's the latest polls I could find on swing states:

Nevada: Trump 44 to Clinton 42 (Monmouth)

Iowa: Trump 44 to Clinton 39 (Emerson)

New Hampshire: Clinton 42 to Trump 37 (Emerson)

Clinton wins the presidency.

But that's being awfully nice to Trump's chances in North Carolina. The latest poll there has Clinton at 47 to Trump 43 (Quinnipiac).

The trends have favored Trump recently, but he still needs a miracle. Clinton has too many heavy hitters in the bag. It's not that he has to win Ohio and Florida to win. He has to win them to simply not lose. He has to secure North Carolina. He can't lose Georgia and Arizona (he won't). He has to capture New Hampshire in addition to Nevada and Iowa.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 04:27:09 PM »
I'm being generous in assuming all the typical red and blue strongholds stay put. Larry Sabado and Scott Rasmussen seem to think they will. And their polls are as good as gold historically. As Dallas said (man I really hate that guy. Stupid commoner) most polls are skewed. And this also can skew the RCP average. In red states some think Trump is close in like Georgia or Arizona, he isn't. It could be before its all over but I don't think he is right now. I really think all the red and blue states are going to stay put. And for every red state that has a chance to turn blue, there is an equal and opposite blue state that is closer to being red than usual. In the end it will come down to which of these two can pull Ohio and Florida. The rest are nice to haves. Iowa and North Carolina certainly have their place but are not near as critical of a requirement.

Another factor is that so far (and this bewildered me with Indiana)Trump has typically over performed the polls in states he should have been close in or lost (aside from Texas - Cruz).

I do agree that her path is certainly easier though. But that has been true for the last 50 years - since LBJ implemented great society.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 04:42:05 PM »
I'm being generous in assuming all the typical red and blue strongholds stay put. Larry Sabado and Scott Rasmussen seem to think they will. And their polls are as good as gold historically. As Dallas said (man I really hate that guy. Stupid commoner) most polls are skewed. And this also can skew the RCP average. In red states some think Trump is close in like Georgia or Arizona, he isn't. It could be before its all over but I don't think he is right now. I really think all the red and blue states are going to stay put. And for every red state that has a chance to turn blue, there is an equal and opposite blue state that is closer to being red than usual. In the end it will come down to which of these two can pull Ohio and Florida. The rest are nice to haves. Iowa and North Carolina certainly have their place but are not near as critical of a requirement.

Another factor is that so far (and this bewildered me with Indiana)Trump has typically over performed the polls in states he should have been close in or lost (aside from Texas - Cruz).

I do agree that her path is certainly easier though. But that has been true for the last 50 years - since LBJ implemented great society.

One of the best bets would be that some real shit comes out in those Oct. releases that are being promised. Something the Hillary and her MSM can't cover up.  Something along the lines that she has a tiny (Snaggle) penis or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 04:59:31 PM »

The polls have been wrong more in this cycle than I can ever remember. 

There were states where we saw Clinton predicted to romp and then Bernie either won, or she cheated him, or it was way closer than predicted.   There were states where the polls said Cruz was going to push Trump (or Rubio, or whoever) and then Trump crapped all over their heads. 

Almost all of these polls have Trump within five points or less.  Add the fact that the media has put such a stigma on supporting Trump leads me to believe he will get more votes than the projections suggest.  When somebody calls to ask questions the average person -- because of the media bias toward Hillary and the suggestion that Trump supporters are troglodytes --  is likely to be loathe to admit that they're going to vote for him. 

I don't think there's much chance he loses Georgia.  Or Arizona.  There's a good chance he wins Ohio and Florida.  I'm not sure about PA.   I think Mich, Wisc, NC and NV go his way too by the time it's over. 

That still may not be enough. 

This is -- and was from the day she entered the race -- hers to lose.   And I STILL contend that Cruz, Rubio, Bush, Carson or any of them would be worse off than Trump.  He will energize a rarely utilized group of voters.   Obama was able to draw the idealistic (moronic) young, hippie, douchey, lesby, crowd.  Hillary is not going to pull nearly the same level of that demographic.  For that reason and that reason only, Trump has a chance. He's the only one who ever did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 10:07:26 PM »
More:

Trump leading in Ohio, Florida

The tightening presidential race is playing out in the states.

Real Clear Politics tracking of state polls now shows Trump up by 5 points in Ohio, 6 points in Texas and 4 points in Florida. Trump is also leading in Georgia, Nevada and Arizona but Clinton remains ahead in the Electoral College-rich states of California, Virginia and New York.

The Real Clear Politics composite poll has Clinton up nationally by 2 percent in a two-candidate race and 1.8 percent among four candidates.

Yeah, because Trump was going to beat her in California where the fruitbats live.  Or in NY -- which was possible but not likely.  Or in Virginia. 

What's sickening is that those three loony tunes states control almost 100 Electoral College votes.  Whoever the democratic nominee happens to be is essentially a third of the way to winning without ever doing a thing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 10:35:02 AM »
More:

Real Clear Politics tracking of state polls now shows Trump up by 5 points in Ohio, 6 points in Texas and 4 points in Florida. Trump is also leading in Georgia, Nevada and Arizona but Clinton remains ahead in the Electoral College-rich states of California, Virginia and New York.

The Real Clear Politics composite poll has Clinton up nationally by 2 percent in a two-candidate race and 1.8 percent among four candidates.

Yeah, because Trump was going to beat her in California where the fruitbats live.  Or in NY -- which was possible but not likely.  Or in Virginia. 

What's sickening is that those three loony tunes states control almost 100 Electoral College votes.  Whoever the democratic nominee happens to be is essentially a third of the way to winning without ever doing a thing.

The liberal way.  :facepalm:  ( Participation trophy's)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 10:42:53 AM »

The liberal way.  :facepalm:  ( Participation trophy's)

You've got to be doing that shit on porpoise. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 10:53:34 AM »
You've got to be doing that shit on porpoise.

somethyme.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:59:28 AM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 01:42:10 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 04:22:31 PM »
More:

This is what I mean. He is turning that corner around the same time Reagan did mid sept. I'm a little surprised he was able to get the RCP average up that fast since they factor in old polls that favored Hillary more. He just needs to hold it. As it sits now in the latest legit polls, he would win both the electoral and popular. It's a matter of being able to hold the leads or even widen them. These are when the polls really start mattering and people really start expressing a favorite in the race. The debates can solidify those preferences.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 04:36:36 PM »

This is what I mean. He is turning that corner around the same time Reagan did mid sept. I'm a little surprised he was able to get the RCP average up that fast since they factor in old polls that favored Hillary more. He just needs to hold it. As it sits now in the latest legit polls, he would win both the electoral and popular. It's a matter of being able to hold the leads or even widen them. These are when the polls really start mattering and people really start expressing a favorite in the race. The debates can solidify those preferences.

Oh, please baby Jesus :clap: :clap:.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
Don't think this guy is presidential?

Handled Fallon very well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 07:51:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions