Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

fudge al.com in the mouf with a goat aids infected richard, part 3,289

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: fudge al.com in the mouf with a goat aids infected richard, part 3,289
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2016, 07:47:47 AM »
Going to have to disagree here. Auburn's student section is known for getting there early.

I know it's just a pop piece, but here's what ESPN said a few years ago:

http://www.espn.com/blog/colleges/auburn/post/_/id/3048/the-secs-top-five-student-sections

The SGA did make some changes to student ticket policy as can be seen here:

http://wp.auburn.edu/sga/wp-content/uploads/Ticketing-Policy-Document.pdf

The SGA changes might explain why the student section was thin.

However, it doesn't explain why the upper deck was practically empty in the corners. I was in section 15, row 53 under the jumbotron and there were easily 25 empty seats in eye sight.

Only thing I can think is that a lot of fans gave up on this season and made other plans for that Saturday prior to the Miss State game? Now that we're good again, they'll come back.

I agree it was kind of pathetic.

I got two tickets on the 10 ish yard line 30 rows up about 70 mins before the game for 20 bucks a piece. Top 20 sec night game. Sorry but it's pathetic. Then I walk in 20 mins before it starts and every corner of the upper deck is empty and the student section noticeably has big holes in it that never really filled up. Should Al.com blast it from the rooftops? I don't think so. But it does aggrevate me that as a fanbase we look like "Easter and Christmas church goers".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #181 on: October 28, 2016, 09:37:44 AM »
And we've never had that issue or reputation. Smaller games? Sure. Stadium is empty. Bad season? Sure. Stadium gets thin.

Big games? Jordan Hare is considered one of the most intimidating places to play especially at night.

So what is it?

Did the fanbase really give up that quickly? I actually have to think no. Student section may have some issues with the new SGA rules, but that doesn't explain anything about the rest of the stadium.

I think we all know who is behind this. Satan. Barack Obama. And Jay Fucking Jacobs.

Maybe people are tired of being blinded by a megatron television? Maybe they realized the hip hop music and stupid trivia segments were causing more stress than fun? Maybe they miss the band playing? Maybe they all showed up to the stadium forgetting that little purses were taken over by terrorists and they didn't want to store their shit in some offsite location while buying an expensive ziploc bag?

Unfortunately there's not really a big home game left on the schedule so we won't be able to see if this truly is an issue or a one time anomaly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #182 on: October 28, 2016, 10:05:03 AM »
And we've never had that issue or reputation. Smaller games? Sure. Stadium is empty. Bad season? Sure. Stadium gets thin.

Big games? Jordan Hare is considered one of the most intimidating places to play especially at night.

So what is it?

Did the fanbase really give up that quickly? I actually have to think no. Student section may have some issues with the new SGA rules, but that doesn't explain anything about the rest of the stadium.

I think we all know who is behind this. Satan. Barack Obama. And Jay Fucking Jacobs.

Maybe people are tired of being blinded by a megatron television? Maybe they realized the hip hop music and stupid trivia segments were causing more stress than fun? Maybe they miss the band playing? Maybe they all showed up to the stadium forgetting that little purses were taken over by terrorists and they didn't want to store their shit in some offsite location while buying an expensive ziploc bag?

Unfortunately there's not really a big home game left on the schedule so we won't be able to see if this truly is an issue or a one time anomaly.
For all of the aforementioned, it's simply not as much fun. Let me add a new one. Walked all the way down from top deck in 4th, I had to pee. But, no big deal, I can do that at the bottom, right?

Nope. Just like with the barricades they started years ago to stop people from walking around the stadium, can't do it. You are only allowed to walk outside.

Idiotic if you ask me. Vendors are losing money. AU is losing money.

And I honestly don't remember hearing the band.

Just not the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #183 on: October 28, 2016, 10:12:56 AM »
For all of the aforementioned, it's simply not as much fun. Let me add a new one. Walked all the way down from top deck in 4th, I had to pee. But, no big deal, I can do that at the bottom, right?

Nope. Just like with the barricades they started years ago to stop people from walking around the stadium, can't do it. You are only allowed to walk outside.

I'm confused. Are there no bathrooms in the upper deck?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2016, 10:26:08 AM »

I thought you just peed over the side?  I know that's what Uncle Sani and I did when we sat in his seats.

Don't you touch my face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2016, 10:47:54 AM »
As you get older, you will understand that it's a long enough walk to develop an urge between the top and bottom. Maybe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2016, 10:51:29 AM »
As you get older, you will understand that it's a long enough walk to develop an urge between the top and bottom. Maybe.
I was thinking maybe you were at Brunt Denny this past Saturday with no bathrooms.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
I was thinking maybe you were at Brunt Denny this past Saturday with no bathrooms.

Now that's what I am talking about, making it more like home for the unwashed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2016, 11:51:36 AM »

Now that's what I am talking about, making it more like home for the unwashed.
Ah the memories of the Old Gray Lady. Walking in piss, every step you'd take.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2016, 12:03:56 PM »

Some good memories there. I remember watching two games there with my dad.  Bama-Lsu in the morning and Auburn-Miss State in the evening. Sullivan to Beasley.

And yes it was a long time ago and yes even being there the game was in black and white.   :getoff:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2016, 12:26:42 PM »

Some good memories there. I remember watching two games there with my dad.  Bama-Lsu in the morning and Auburn-Miss State in the evening. Sullivan to Beasley.

And yes it was a long time ago and yes even being there the game was in black and white.   :getoff:
Same here. Saw the 31-7 loss in '71 with my brother. Was treated very well at pregame practice which was followed up by a cookout on the eve of the game with a few AU players and their dates. That hooked me on Auburn.

Dallas I remember the Dads of players at late 60's high school games dressed in suits and sitting on the sidelines.
No shit!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2016, 12:52:31 PM »

BD and legion are the same place now?

And let's make one thing clear. Good things may have happened on that field at times, but no auburn fan should recall there being good memories about legion generally speaking.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:54:12 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2016, 01:01:04 PM »
Witnessed many a game in Lesion Field.  Most of them losses but some huge wins too.  The place was a big turd plopped down right in the middle of a cesspool.  Always wondered if my car would still be there after the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2016, 01:05:13 PM »

And let's make one thing clear. Good things may have happened on that field at times, but no auburn fan should recall there being good memories about legion generally speaking.
It was an away game for AU no question. But I also attended city high school, NFL exhibition, B'ham American /Stallion games as well as Bamer games with friends over several decades so yeah good things did happen even with the numerous losses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2016, 01:08:21 PM »
Witnessed many a game in Lesion Field.  Most of them losses but some huge wins too.  The place was a big turd plopped down right in the middle of a cesspool.  Always wondered if my car would still be there after the game.
Jeff Burger/ Lawyer Tillman gave me my best AU memory in victory at that relic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2016, 01:42:11 PM »

And Bo.  That was my second Iron Bowl.  Until 1989 rolled around, that was my favorite Auburn memory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2016, 01:46:24 PM »

It had just started raining right before that reverse was called. 

Mildly funny story.  My wife and I were at the game and her brother was back here watching the game over at their Grandpa's house. Grandpa, rest his soul, was the biggest rasslin' fan you've ever seen.  Never missed a match down at the Farm Center on Saturday nights and was not going to miss a minute of Georgia Championship Wrestling on TBS.  If you recall, that last drive was kept alive by a 4th down conversion where Burger completed a pass over the middle.  Just as the play started and Burger dropped back, "Papa" clicked over to TBS and said "Well, it's time for wrestling."

Snagette's brother was only about 12 at the time and he instinctively hollered, "SON OF A BITCH!!!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2016, 01:59:07 PM »

I was pulling staff duty in Germany on a nuke site. You are suppose to be walking around checking missile status, I was outside of the window on the guard quarters watching the game, prolly 3:30am Local time.

I can't honestly say what I would have done had the alert gone off while that play was unfolding. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »

I think its more of a memory of watching football with my father and two games on one day made it that much better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »
I think its more of a memory of watching football with my father and two games on one day made it that much better.
Of course it did. Losing eleven straight there with mostly inferior teams soured my memories too for the most part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions