Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Microsoft E3 Press Conference

Microsoft E3 Press Conference
« on: June 15, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »
Streaming the conference over lunch break and Xbox seriously threw down the gauntlet by revealing the backwards compatibility update.

I've always been an Xbox guy but have yet to upgrade to the One because a)no real killer app and b)a backlog of of great 360 games I've yet to play. Coupled with Halo 5 and Fallout 4 coming in Fall, this announcement will change that for me.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2015/06/15/e3-2015-xbox-live/71237690/

I'm looking forward to the Sony conference and what they have up their sleeve too.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:58:12 PM by Catphish Tilly »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Microsoft E3 Press Conference
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 01:31:09 PM »
I would say its a game changer. Curious what Uncle Sani has to say.

Sony needs to go back to making walkmans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 10:28:01 PM »
I will take any bitch on here on in Chinese checkers, dominos, pin ball or Indian leg rassling. And I'm not just a big talker unlike most.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 07:07:02 AM »
That was a pretty big announcement.  Not sure that it means a whole lot other than some nice marketing though.
It is not due to be available until Christmas and even then it will not be all games.  Only 100 or so.  There are also unanswered questions concerning online play.

I would actually say that the larger announcement had to do with cross platform play of Killer Instinct between One and PC.  I don't expect it to be great at first but it is a long overdue first step.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 09:57:20 AM »
Slick marketing for sure but it worked for me. I would have ended up upgrading around Christmas anyway but this encouraged me to go ahead and take the plunge. From what I've read, the backwards compatibility in this instance is pure emulation of the 360 operating system. The One operates as if the 360's OS were a game called "Xbox 360" bringing up the prior system's dashboard and functioning as the old console would while allowing the features of the One to run concurrently alongside. Should allow for no change in online play and even cross play between 360 and One owners. Requiring little more than publisher permission to emulate an old game should mean for a lot more titles to be available but, I agree that only time will tell.

Again, that's just what I've read, so who really knows. I still found it to be a solid gesture of good will toward a long entrenched and invested fan base. As well as an FU to Sony's overpriced streaming service.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 11:12:59 AM »
I think its big because of sheer perception, and takes away a competitor talking point against them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 02:21:37 PM »
I am considering upgrading my duplicating machine in the office, as I had to duct taped the handle back on a couple of months ago. It still works great but I like to stay up to date when it comes to technology that can help with productivity. It's an investment. A prime example is the bag phone in my car. Yes, it's expensive and I don't just have it for show or to prove I make big money. It's well worth what I pay to be able to conduct big business on the move.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 09:43:01 AM »
I would actually say that the larger announcement had to do with cross platform play of Killer Instinct between One and PC.  I don't expect it to be great at first but it is a long overdue first step.

While I think this is a great move, I question the true ability to do it.  PC gamers will always reign supreme over console gamers due to control ability, and if that doesn't hold true the fact you can mod a PC and not a console will make things slightly unfair. (slightly unfair is an understatement)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 10:07:16 AM »
While I think this is a great move, I question the true ability to do it.  PC gamers will always reign supreme over console gamers due to control ability, and if that doesn't hold true the fact you can mod a PC and not a console will make things slightly unfair. (slightly unfair is an understatement)

that statement above just made The Wade less cool. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 11:28:46 AM »
My 2 cents regarding this: You are all very mucho nerds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions