25. Stanford
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Phil Steele's projected AP Top 25
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 01:06:51 PM »
All bias aside, how could you rank Alabama a legitimate #3 preseason?   

1.  They are replacing a QB who won an SEC title, but could not get it done in the playoffs.  The Qb who is likely starting in his place, lost the job to him last fall. 

2.  How many players did they lose total?   On defense?  Playmakers?  Collins...  Yeldon... Cooper...

3.  Fuck Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 01:08:46 PM »

1.  They are replacing a QB who won an SEC title, but could not get it done in the playoffs.  The Qb who is likely starting in his place, lost the job to him last fall. 

2.  How many players did they lose total?   On defense?  Playmakers?  Collins...  Yeldon... Cooper...

3.  Fuck Alabama.

All bias aside
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »

3.  fudge Alabama.

His rationale is (and, I'm not kidding you): "The Tide brought in another No. 1-rated recruiting class."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:21:51 PM »
Explain to me what Arkansas has done to be #20. They went from barely winning to beating bad teams. Now they are Top 20? Fuck Bert
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 01:23:33 PM »
I have nothing to add except I agree with point 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 01:32:36 PM »
Explain to me what Arkansas has done to be #20. They went from barely winning to beating bad teams. Now they are Top 20? Fuck Bert

Time will tell, and I hate Burt but being honest I think Arkansas is the sleeper of the West.  I would place them 3rd behind us and spuat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 01:39:52 PM »

3.  Fuck Alabama.

Using your non-bias approach, I agree that 3 seems way to high for them. However looking at the teams underneath them have also lost a lot.  Oregon, FSU both replacing Heisman winners. I would expect them to be at 5 honestly. 

However, bottom line it's all the more fun to watch the meltdown when they are ranked higher.

His rationale is (and, I'm not kidding you): "The Tide brought in another No. 1-rated recruiting class."

Again I tend to agree with you however, I was the loudest last year about them losing 3 games after what they had lost the previous season and it didn't happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »
I don't care anymore. No mo. No mo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 01:46:27 PM »
I don't care anymore. No mo. No mo.
Great insight Phil Collins
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 01:46:45 PM »
Using your non-bias approach, I agree that 3 seems way to high for them. However looking at the teams underneath them have also lost a lot.  Oregon, FSU both replacing Heisman winners. I would expect them to be at 5 honestly. 

However, bottom line it's all the more fun to watch the meltdown when they are ranked higher.

Again I tend to agree with you however, I was the loudest last year about them losing 3 games after what they had lost the previous season and it didn't happen.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much been this way for the last 5-6 years.  Until they get to a point where 2 losses is not considered a bad year, I expect them to be up there every year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 01:50:01 PM »

Unfortunately, it's pretty much been this way for the last 5-6 years.  Until they get to a point where 2 losses is not considered a bad year, I expect them to be up there every year.
2 losses isn't a bad year.  I would expect the unwashed to start to get upset if they don't make it to the final game the next two years.  I don't expect them to make it this year, there schedule is harder than last year, and they actually have to play UGA from the east.  Also opening with Wisconsin isn't going to be a cakewalk for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 01:54:25 PM »

Well, he's probably making these assessments for the upcoming Fall by factoring in things like lighter sentencing, time off for good behavior, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 03:39:08 PM »
Not sold on Arky either.  They lost their long snapper to graduation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 04:22:55 PM »
I'm thinking #9 for Auburn is a great spot. No complaints there. I could care less where everyone else is. However, I am hoping bama is ranked #1 by time the IB rolls around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 05:01:48 PM »
I'm thinking #9 for Auburn is a great spot. No complaints there. I could care less where everyone else is. However, I am hoping bama is ranked #1 by time the IB rolls around.

See, I want them 0-11 every year headed into that game.  I want them to suck so bad, teams like Southern Miss and Georgia Southern schedule them for homecoming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 05:14:07 PM »
See, I want them 0-11 every year headed into that game.  I want them to suck so bad, teams like Southern Miss and Georgia Southern schedule them for homecoming.

Where is Mike Shula when you need him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 05:21:56 PM »

I see your point. I myself enjoy seeing the updikes roll around in their own shit after Auburn rips away their dreams and hopes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 07:15:41 PM »

Why don't you just start openly cheering for Bama and go to their games? Oh, that's right. I forgot you have scholarship seats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 07:21:43 PM »
Why don't you just start openly cheering for Bama and go to their games? Oh, that's right. I forgot you have scholarship seats.

This is true.  And I will not be offering them to the likes of you.  By the way, the spicy BBQ chicken was the bomb at the Spring Game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions