Hells Yeah
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

Re: T-Rob on Board
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 05:53:30 PM »
Hells Yeah
We really needed this guy's energy and know how. We just improved in the secondary.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 07:06:53 PM »
(WOTS) DL Coach Brad Ludwig will be joining the staff soon. TE/ST Coach Scott Fountain will move back to a Ath. Dept. role, Coach Garner will move to TE Coach and Coach Horton will coach ST along with the RBs. Coach Cheese was at LSU with Coach Muschamp, so he's probably staying on staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »
(WOTS) DL Coach Brad Ludwig will be joining the staff soon. TE/ST Coach Scott Fountain will move back to a Ath. Dept. role, Coach Garner will move to TE Coach and Coach Horton will coach ST along with the RBs. Coach Cheese was at LSU with Coach Muschamp, so he's probably staying on staff.
Welcome anyone that can stop the run and bring the heat at the appropriate time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 08:15:44 PM »
Harbison is out as Safeties Coach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 09:32:32 AM »
Harbison is out as Safeties Coach

Sorry but I am not saddened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 12:27:14 PM »
Sorry but I am not saddened.
I don't get saddened much about coaching hirings and firings. I like Harbison and Smith fine as men and they have a lot of experience. I don't where responsibility rests with the d but I'm glad to see some shake ups.

These guys were paid handsomely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
These guys were paid handsomely.

Paid handsomely to not coach. An Auburn tradition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 12:42:54 PM »

I would say more of a trend that is becoming a tradition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 12:54:48 PM »

I would say more of a trend that is becoming a tradition.

We're trending
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 01:14:20 PM »
Well, yeah. I guess I shoulda said "will still be paid" handsomely. But, hey. It's the right thing to do, right? Hand out these multi year contracts to position coaches and if it when you get ready to make a change, then you'll have coaches coming out to the woodworks, knowing that AU is a sucker treats them fair and just.

But srsly, it's the cost of doing business. I don't fault Jacobs on this one. You have to spend like a big boy to attract the best. And I think that Gus is being given every opportunity to make AU his long term home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 01:17:49 PM »
But srsly, it's the cost of doing business. I don't fault Jacobs on this one. You have to spend like a big boy to attract the best. And I think that Gus is being given every opportunity to make AU his long term home.

As a boss or manager, I was always taught to take any "excuse" away from employees so at some point they would have to either start performing to expectations or take a hard look in the mirror.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 01:22:08 PM »
We're trending

When do we start twatting?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 07:58:32 PM »
http://trackemtigers.com/an-iron-bowl-hero-returns-to-coach-at-place-he-loves/

Iron Bowl Hero Returns to Coach at Place He Loves
By AubTigerman on January 6th, 2015 in Football 3 Comments »

November 23, 2002 Auburn fourth string running back Tre Smith was pressed into service when Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Brandon Johnson were all unable to take the field in the 67th Iron Bowl. The 5’9″ freshman ran for 126 yards, and Jason Campbell threw two touchdowns as the 11-point underdog Tigers upset No. 9 Alabama 17-7 in Tuscaloosa.

Smith became a part of Auburn Iron Bowl lore with his gutty performance. However, what most have forgotten is the SEC’s No.1 offense was stifled by a Tiger D led by senior safety Travaris Robinson, who helped hold the Tide to seven points, which was 23 points below their average.

The Tide had come into the game on a five game winning streak but couldn’t score on three fourth-quarter trips across midfield – due in large part to the efforts of Robinson, who was named the game’s Most Valuable Player for his performance. The team leader in interceptions broke up two passes, had two quarterback hurries, and led the Tigers with 12 tackles.

Alabama’s lone score came on a 1-yard touchdown run with 6:40 left in the third quarter after getting the ball on a short-field possession (46 yard line). But Robinson and company made sure the SEC’s No.1 offense, which had scored on 17 straight trips inside the opponent’s 20-yard line, wouldn’t make it that far again. The victory began a six-year winning streak over the Tide.

T-Rob, as the Auburn fans called him, went on to be named the SEC Defensive Player of the Week. He finished the year with 92 tackles and was selected First Team All SEC. It was an appropriate honor for a player who had played in 48 games at free safety, while helping the Tigers win three consecutive SEC West Division Championships.

After playing three years in the NFL he entered the coaching ranks in 2006 as an Auburn graduate assistant and most recently coached defensive backs under Will Muschamp at Florida. Saturday, Coach Malzahn announced T-Rob was returning to Auburn to coach cornerbacks.

Travaris said he was thrilled to be coming back and be able to give back to a place he loves and has meant so much to him. “A lot of places talk about family, but Auburn represents family to me. That’s why I decided to go to Auburn, and it’s a great opportunity for me to go there again.”

And T-Rob has an excellent opportunity to help his alma mater too, as the Tigers finished the season 79th in total defense and 68th in pass defense, while the Florida defense finished the regular season ranked ninth nationally in total defense, 14th in pass efficiency defense, and 22nd in pass defense.

In the other three years he was on Muschamp’s staff, the Gators ranked eighth in total defense and seventh in pass defense in 2013, second in pass efficiency defense in 2012, and seventh in pass defense and eighth in total defense in 2011.

In addition he was named the nation’s top recruiter by ESPN in 2014. So yes, T-Rob has an excellent opportunity to give back to the place he loves. And fans can expect a drastic improvement in the Auburn secondary in 2015 with Travaris back on The Plains.

Welcome home T-Rob and War Eagle!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »
That video made me weep.

"See, son... I TOLD you Auburn used to have a real defense."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 10:00:58 PM »
That story made me think of this video from that 2002 Iron Bowl. This one always gets me choked up too. Auburn men rise to the occasion, no matter the odds. I will forever love Tre Smith for the effort he showed that day.

Opportunity comes once in a lifetime...

EDIT:  a "Where is he now?" piece from 2010. Tre played in the semi-pros for a while.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/iron_bowl_75_where_are_they_no_3.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:03:27 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 10:11:22 PM »
Don't you know nothin? Probation. Pfffttt. That game don't count.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 10:16:46 PM »
Don't you know nothin? Probation. Pfffttt. That game don't count.

Fuck that noise. We whipped their asses that day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions