Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mork is no more...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Mork is no more...
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »
It always angered me when people committed suicide, sometimes it still does....but if there is one thing I've learned in the last few years is that we don't know how to cope with mental illness. No real strides in the medical field except trial and error with different kinds of prescription drug cocktails. Now, there are people who take the "easy" way out...for stupid reasons like bankruptcy or divorce or a fucking break up and that is bullshit. But for people with depression, I think it's a different ballgame. Suicide would be unfathomable to you or me, but their brains don't work like a normal person's. Just my thoughts.

But whatever his reasons were or weren't, I don't think he took the coward's way out. Long history of drug and alcohol abuse....but he put that belt around his neck stone cold sober. I think that was his fuck you to those demons.

Well put.

He also had Parkinson's. Hard to get inside the mind of someone with disorders like that and see things how they are seeing them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2014, 04:37:51 PM »
I honestly used to feel the same about anyone who committed suicide unless I knew they were facing some long, painful road to death from an illness.  I've been facing some demons of my own lately and my stress level has reached a boiling point.  I get how things like stress and depression can dominate your life.  But suicide is just not something that's ever even remotely crossed my mind as a "way out".  I would think your daily life would have to be sheer torment with no end in sight to consider that as an option.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2014, 05:07:21 PM »
I honestly used to feel the same about anyone who committed suicide unless I knew they were facing some long, painful road to death from an illness.  I've been facing some demons of my own lately and my stress level has reached a boiling point.  I get how things like stress and depression can dominate your life.  But suicide is just not something that's ever even remotely crossed my mind as a "way out".  I would think your daily life would have to be sheer torment with no end in sight to consider that as an option.
I don't think whether to drive the Bentley or the Rolls classifies as demons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2014, 05:34:58 PM »
I have heard that big cigars are a good way to break a dick sucking habit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 05:44:29 PM »
Depression, anxiety, early stages of Parkinson's, history of drug and alcohol abuse, no telling how many rounds of antidepressant/SSRI's (that may or may not permanently rewire the brain) during his rehab stints or treatment for his depression and anxiety.  Sounds delightful!  I think we should all give a try!

He seemed to genuinely like making people laugh.  I wonder if his spastic ways of always going into funny voices or acting like he had ADD was his way of distracting his mind from the demons he faced.  Everyone copes in different ways.  I think he was a truly screwed up individual and it finally got the best of him.  I can't fathom suicide, but I am not going to sit back and call someone a coward when dealing with those issues either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2014, 06:02:16 PM »
Depression, anxiety, early stages of Parkinson's, history of drug and alcohol abuse, no telling how many rounds of antidepressant/SSRI's (that may or may not permanently rewire the brain) during his rehab stints or treatment for his depression and anxiety.  Sounds delightful!  I think we should all give a try!

He seemed to genuinely like making people laugh.  I wonder if his spastic ways of always going into funny voices or acting like he had ADD was his way of distracting his mind from the demons he faced.  Everyone copes in different ways.  I think he was a truly screwed up individual and it finally got the best of him.  I can't fathom suicide, but I am not going to sit back and call someone a coward when dealing with those issues either.

I have no idea of the issues he faced.

He took the coward way out, What he did was selfish. He eased his pain while causing a great many people more pain than anyone should have to endure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2014, 06:32:36 PM »

Nor am I.

There are umpteen different degrees of bipolar disorder and I'm guessing he fought like a fucking champ as long as he could in spite of what anyone else might think. In his mind it was okay to end his life NOW.

There is no one size fits all in this life and his own children seem resigned in acceptance of their father's demise even though most of us cannot fathom suicide as an option. And odds are they themselves will carry some form of the disorder at some point in their own lives if not already.

Sometimes it's ones belief system that keeps them alive-but how strong is it and for how long?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »
I don't think whether to drive the Bentley or the Rolls classifies as demons.

You've never been faced with this quandary, have you?

Didn't think so.  Until you've walked in another man's Armani's....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 05:08:56 PM »
We all have our down days. When I'm feeling a little blue, I like to come on the x and look back through all of the hysterically funny quips and jokes that I've posted on here to brighten up my day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2014, 06:47:46 PM »
I have heard that big cigars are a good way to break a dick sucking habit.
:box:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."