Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ticket advice

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Ticket advice
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:21:45 PM »
Got a ticket for block an intersection on the way to a conference with the Mrs. a couple weeks ago. When I started into the intersection, the light was green and I didn't see any reason to think I wouldn't make it through before the light change. Well, half of me didn't. Pulled over. Cited. Moved along.

Now I'm weighing my options. I can A)Plead guilty, pay the fine, whatever; B)Plead not guilty, file an affidavit for defense and hope for the best; or C)Please No Contest and hope for the best.

I'm a little fuzzy on the difference between B & C. Any advice would be much appreciated as I prepare to take on THA LAWWWWWWWW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Ticket advice
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »
You'll likely lose.

The cost of court and your time will outstrip the ticket quickly.

Pay it and move along.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »
I say pay it in pennies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 01:37:52 PM »
Ticket Attorney...pay him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 01:49:07 PM »
You'll likely lose.

The cost of court and your time will outstrip the ticket quickly.

Pay it and move along.

Thanks. I was hoping you'd weigh in since it happened in your state. Good to know it's not worth it to contest. Which is better? Guilty or No contest?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 01:57:37 PM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 02:22:07 PM »
I challenge tickets and win.  Twice. 

Once because the trooper didn't show. Once because I convinced the judge that the antique truck I was driving couldn't have gone the speed they claimed and even if I wanted to wear a seat by I couldn't because the truck didn't have one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »
I challenge tickets and win.  Twice. 

Once because the trooper didn't show. Once because I convinced the judge that the antique truck I was driving couldn't have gone the speed they claimed and even if I wanted to wear a seat by I couldn't because the truck didn't have one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 02:47:22 PM »
I have never heard of that. I have always done that and when it turns red, I clear the intersection. Did you just sit there after it turned red?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 02:50:55 PM »
I have never heard of that. I have always done that and when it turns red, I clear the intersection. Did you just sit there after it turned red?
Yep. He was going on a pic nic and just decided that it was a good spot. The boy ain't got good sense, I tell you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 02:55:05 PM »
Yep. He was going on a pic nic and just decided that it was a good spot. The boy ain't got good sense, I tell you.

Well, I wanted to be sure when I referred to the asshole. Sounds like it was the officer then.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »
Ticket Attorney get one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 03:19:09 PM »
Thanks. I was hoping you'd weigh in since it happened in your state. Good to know it's not worth it to contest. Which is better? Guilty or No contest?

Technically "no contest"...but the insurance company might not draw a distinction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 03:23:22 PM »

I was pulling through. Car in front brakes and let's people pulling out of blockbuster parking lot to enter the congestion. Causes me to stop with the back half of the car stuck in the intersection. Light changes. Officer sitting on side flashes lights, exits vehicle with hand on pistol and motions me to pull into her parking lot. Ticketed. Told to move on and have a "better day" 10 mins. later. Was not a good afternoon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 03:29:27 PM »
I was pulling through. Car in front brakes and let's people pulling out of blockbuster parking lot to enter the congestion. Causes me to stop with the back half of the car stuck in the intersection. Light changes. Officer sitting on side flashes lights, exits vehicle with hand on pistol and motions me to pull into her parking lot. Ticketed. Told to move on and have a "better day" 10 mins. later. Was not a good afternoon.
Florida lets womens be police? No wonder they are all screwed up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »

Was she hot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 03:49:03 PM »

The SHEs sometimes want to prove they are HEs.

Still and ASSHOLE. She knew what had happened. She is one of the reasons why people are losing more and more respect for officers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 03:51:35 PM »

Was she hot?

Think "butch" and you've got the mental picture.

The SHEs sometimes want to prove they are HEs.

Still and ASSHOLE. She knew what had happened. She is one of the reasons why people are losing more and more respect for officers.

Ehh, I figured I was caught in the mesh of traffic I wasn't used to and I messed up not knowing how picky they would be. As she put it to me, it's my responsibility to see how heavy traffic is and stay behind my white line until the traffic on the other side is clear for me to proceed - NOT to follow the traffic as it moves.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:53:56 PM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »
Think "butch" and you've got the mental picture.

Ehh, I figured I was caught in the mesh of traffic I wasn't used to and I messed up not knowing how picky they would be. As she put it to me, it's my responsibility to see how heavy traffic is and stay behind my white line until the traffic on the other side is clear for me to proceed - NOT to follow the traffic as it moves.  :rolleyes:
Well, your being a fuck up is not the issue here. This was a silly ticket and any Florida attorney worth his salt should represent you and take this all the way to the superior courts, if necessary. Pro Bono, I tell you. I would do it for you if I had the license to practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 04:27:37 PM »
Well, your being a fudge up is not the issue here. This was a silly ticket and any Florida attorney worth his salt should represent you and take this all the way to the superior courts, if necessary. Pro Bono, I tell you. I would do it for you if I had the license to practice.

Not what I was even asking for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 04:34:55 PM »
Ticket Attorney...look into it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions