Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Safety/OLB Prospect Ronnie Clark Chooses

Safety/OLB Prospect Ronnie Clark Chooses
« on: October 04, 2013, 03:51:24 PM »
Alabama over Auburn of course. 

Calera senior Ronnie Clark chooses Alabama over Auburn (video, photos)

CALERA, Alabama -- Ronnie Clark said it was a decision that didn't come easy, but it came from the heart.

He admitted to waffling between Alabama and Auburn a lot during his decision. He saw the same things in both schools that fans across Alabama do.

The decision came down to where he just felt the most comfortable. That was in Tuscaloosa. He said the coaches at both schools didn't even known where he was heading less than 24 hours before his decision.

"I'm kinda nervous right now," he said. "But I'm okay."

When he made his announcement, they still didn't know. He said he planned to call the coaches after the media were through with their questions on Friday.

When he spoke to his future coaches in Tuscaloosa, he knew that he would share at least one "Roll Tide" early in the conversation.

"It was a tough decision like I have always said," he said. "But I just felt down deep in my heart that this would be the school for me."

It wasn't any one thing. It was just a feeling. He'd slept on it and prayed about it and finally in the hours leading up to his announcement he came back to Alabama.

RONNIE_CLARK_FIRST_DOWN_RUN.JPG
Clark runs for a first down in this October 2012 file photo. He's playing at quarterback exclusively this year after getting reps at that spot in packages last season.

Rivals.com rates Clark as the No. 59 prospect in American for the 2014 class. 247sports.com has him at No. 109. Scout.com pegs him as the 114th best senior prospect nationwide this year.

Clark also ranks No. 96 this year on the 2014 ESPN 300.

The 6-foot-3, 218-pound Clark has been sublime at quarterback this year.  He's led the team to a 5-0 start and the No. 1 ranking in Class 4A.

He's either a college safety or linebacker at the next level, but the five-year starter at Calera has shown his mastery of an offense he's been a part of since his eighth grade season in 2009.  The senior has accounted for 20 touchdowns in his first year at quarterback.

He has 506 rushing yards on 46 carries for 10 rushing touchdowns.  That's 11 yards per carry. He's also completed 38 of his 50 passes for 568 yards and another 10 scores. That's completing 76 percent of his throws and he's yet to throw an interception.

The four-star prospect has also contributed as a safety with 14 tackles, three tackles for losses and one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

The 6-foot-3, 218-pounder originally planned for a preseason announcement this year, but he just was not ready.

He told AL.com this summer about how hard both schools were going for him and it sounded like Auburn was working just as hard for his commitment as the defending back-to-back national champions, if not harder.

Clark shared one interesting nugget about his recruitment in the face of the recent high-profile in-state battles between Alabama and Auburn. He said not to expect a flip with this decision.

"This is a very firm commitment," he said.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/calera_senior_ronnie_clark.html#incart_2box
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Safety/OLB Prospect Ronnie Clark Chooses
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »
Conveniently left out of that piece so as not to raise suspicion.

@PatrickClaybon 3h

'Auburn's program is on the rise right now, I felt deep down in my heart this is the school I need to go to" -R.Clark on choosing #Alabama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 05:19:58 PM »
#AllAboutDaBenjamins
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 05:50:58 PM »
Struggleoverwit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 06:15:09 PM »
The Turds have quite a pipeline to the NFL and offer extra benefits to help one get there.
Hard to compete with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »
The Turds have quite a pipeline to the NFL and offer extra benefits to help one get there.
Hard to compete with that.

I'm seeing a new Dodge commercial coming in the near future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 08:17:16 AM »
I'm seeing a new Dodge commercial coming in the near future.
Is Parkway Dodge still in business over in Huffman?  They still run the commercials with "diddy" and son - something about "we'll beat your best deal or $100, regardless"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 08:29:59 AM »
Is Parkway Dodge still in business over in Huffman?  They still run the commercials with "diddy" and son - something about "we'll beat your best deal or $100, regardless"?
Nah that's Jim Skinner Ford. The two sons have done it now for several years.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:34:42 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions