Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A-Day game thoughts...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: A-Day game thoughts...
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »
Did not attend but watched the replay last night.  I have finally come around to understanding exactly what Prowler stated.  You can't use 90% of what you see in a Spring game as an indicator of what this team is all about or will look like in the Fall.  After one Spring game, I thought that Cam Newton fellow would be lucky to hold Neil Caudle's jock.  Caudle looked like Tom Frickin' Brady.  I said after last year's game that it was great to see that we finally know how to tackle. 

My observations were:

Neither Wallace or Frayzha can hit the broad side of my ass from 5 yards away.

Craig Sanders looks like a full grown man..both on the field and in the shower.

Gus Malzahn needs to get his fat ass in the gym.  He looks like a busted can of biscuits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 10:31:13 AM »
Damn that's close.  Especially now that most mommy parts don't have hair anymore.

I'm sure he is referring to his own preferences. You know he likes a little scavenger hunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 10:34:38 AM »

Gus Malzahn needs to get his fat ass in the gym.  He looks like a busted can of biscuits.

Not all of us have jobs that we can stay in the gym all day working on our abs.

By the way, from the video I have seen, our tackling is much better that last year. That's not saying a whole lot but damn, I saw guys actually wrapping up and driving instead of just throwing their bodies through the air.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 12:31:45 PM »
Me too. I do believe we looked better. Nobody stood out like Cam did in his A day, obviously, but CAP was impressive to me. Let us remind ourselves that it was against our defense.

Really!?! Cam was 3 of 8 for 61 yards
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 12:33:51 PM »

This is what I was thinking.  Cam was not impressive at all in his A-Day.  Now part of that is they were not letting him run but still he was a very unknown quality to the fans at that point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »
Everything has pretty much been covered in this thread.  I agree with Jummy Love that if Frazier is named QB we are in a world of shit. 

My biggest take away was that group tackling and flow to the ball seemed to be much...much better.

Course our offense just might suck worse than VV
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
Course our offense just might suck worse than VV

Well based on what I've heard on his fellatio skillz, if we suck worse than him then that means we could be like last year or we could break every offensive stat the NCAA tracks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 01:10:17 PM »
Good point but it was more of what it looked like he could be. He threw high but it was cannon shots. And he looked fast. He looked like the probable starter to me, based on promise.

I didn't see a lot of difference Sat but I would give Wallace the edge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 02:21:30 PM »
I said we'd win the MNC based solely off what I saw in Cam's A-Day performance.  Even thought about going to Vegas and placing a $20.00 bet on it. 

No....really....I did.

Let me impress you even more with my prognostificationizing skillz.  If Kalil wins the QB job, Auburn will not win the MNC.  You can fly to Vegas and put $20.00 on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »
I said we'd win the MNC based solely off what I saw in Cam's A-Day performance.  Even thought about going to Vegas and placing a $20.00 bet on it. 

No....really....I did.

Let me impress you even more with my prognostificationizing skillz.  If Kalil wins the QB job, Auburn will not win the MNC.  You can fly to Vegas and put $20.00 on it.

If Kalil wins the job, I will be extremely excited to be over here and not have to watch another shitty season of AU football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »
If Kalil wins the job, I will be extremely excited to be over here and not have to watch another shootty season of AU football.
I, like a whole lotta other folks, don't believe that the eventual starting QB is on campus yet. I pray that Marshall is as good as advertised and we can redshirt JJ. If not, I'm expecting a very long year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 03:44:32 PM »
I, like a whole lotta other folks, don't believe that the eventual starting QB is on campus yet. I pray that Marshall is as good as advertised and we can redshirt JJ. If not, I'm expecting a very long year.

A couple of things.  One stat for Marshall that scares me is more interceptions (20) than TDs (18).  Don't know how or why that happened but he bettah learn what color jerseys we wear. 

Also, from everything I read or hear, it really does sound like Malzahn is keeping all options open at QB until he sees the incoming guys.  Hard to think either one would be ready after 4 weeks but he may think Wallace and Frayzha really are that bad and he's hoping against hope. 

Now, I'm far from an expert in being able to break down offenses etc.  But, it appears to me that Johnson should be able to pick it up quickly from what I've seen on film of him.  Everything out of the gun.  He distributes it quickly and makes all the throws and he can definitely take off when needed.  Don't know how similar the offenses are, if at all.  But I can see JJ running the show sooner than later.

With my ringing endorsement, he's sure to flop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 04:55:36 PM »
A couple of things.  One stat for Marshall that scares me is more interceptions (20) than TDs (18).  Don't know how or why that happened but he bettah learn what color jerseys we wear

Also, from everything I read or hear, it really does sound like Malzahn is keeping all options open at QB until he sees the incoming guys.  Hard to think either one would be ready after 4 weeks but he may think Wallace and Frayzha really are that bad and he's hoping against hope. 

Now, I'm far from an expert in being able to break down offenses etc.  But, it appears to me that Johnson should be able to pick it up quickly from what I've seen on film of him.  Everything out of the gun.  He distributes it quickly and makes all the throws and he can definitely take off when needed.  Don't know how similar the offenses are, if at all.  But I can see JJ running the show sooner than later.

With my ringing endorsement, he's sure to flop.
This has never stopped Kalil, but yes you are correct, sir. And I don't think Marshall or JJ will start the first few weeks. It will not surprise me to see Gus utilize 3 QB's if it takes it.

He has utilized two in the past and would've with Cam had there been a need. Remember Kodi coming in as a wildcat early in the year?--untill he realized Cam was a battering ram.

I saw JJ play one game in HS. He drove them approx 75 yds with less than 2 min left as I recall, to win the game. He never looked nervous and he was reportedly hurt two weeks earlier and couldn't throw the deep ball. I couldn't tell anything was wrong with the kid. I think he's the real deal but we will see.

I'm thinking Marshall solely on the fact that he has college qb experience plus SEC experience at cb his fresh yr. And I think he's the fastest. He and JJ are both superior athletes than either qb we have now. Both HS basketball studs. It will be interesting to see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 06:35:22 PM »
With the QB's wearing Orange and being off limits, this offense looks nothing like what we will see in games.  In order for the read option to work, the QB has to at least show the threat of keeping the ball.  Our running game could (and I say could) take a great deal of pressure off the QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 07:20:38 PM »
With the QB's wearing Orange and being off limits, this offense looks nothing like what we will see in games.  In order for the read option to work, the QB has to at least show the threat of keeping the ball.  Our running game could (and I say could) take a great deal of pressure off the QB.

Good point.

I think our running game will be vastly improved.  We have two really good running backs and a truly stout fullback. 

The problem is our quarterbacks' inability to throw the ball on time.  I've never coached quarterbacks.  I've never been an offensive coordinator.  But I know that timing is essential with route running.  Too many times I saw a receiver break on a route and have to wait on the ball. 

That will improve over time and practice (unless Frazier and Wallace are actual retards, which they may be), but after two years of ineffective quarterback play, I don't have much hope for the guys on roster. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 07:56:39 PM »
If Kalil wins the job, I will be extremely excited to be over here and not have to watch another shitty season of AU football.
If he wins it, I may rip up my retirement papers and fly over there and join you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

jmar

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 08:14:10 PM »
My greatest concern is the offensive line. We do have the makings of a fairly strong run game and given we expect a more mobile QB come fall it's imperative the guys up front perform at a much higher level so Lashlee can run his offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »
Marshall will be QB, you can bank it and Gus already knows this. The run game, of yeah, its gonna be much better. CAP is going to do some damage behind Mr. Olympia opening up gashing running lanes...I hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »
Marshall will be QB, you can bank it and Gus already knows this. The run game, of yeah, its gonna be much better. CAP is going to do some damage behind Mr. Olympia opening up gashing running lanes...I hope.
Agreed, except about the part about Gus knowing it. I think he's hoping it. And CAP looks like he can be really good to me. I didn't see blazing speed but he looked like a solid north and south guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »
If he wins it, I may rip up my retirement papers and fly over there and join you.

Come on down.  Shit's been getting pretty interesting here lately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions