Welcome to 1960's

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Welcome to 1960's
« on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:12 AM »
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
http://www.wsfa.com/story/21863703/birmingham

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -
The Honda-Indy Grand Prix of Alabama will not get financial support from the city of Birmingham.

On Tuesday, Mayor William Bell withdrew a request for $300,000 to host and promote the race at the Barber Motorsports Park.

Last week, the council deadlocked on a vote over that request. Councilman Steven Hoyt questioned why a city with a black majority should continue to give money to support the Barber Motorsport track, saying decisions at Barber were not made by anyone who "looked like him."

Mayor Bell's office did not comment on the withdrawal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Welcome to 1960's
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:44:51 AM »
There is apparently a scurge of racist politicians in Birmingham. Fuck 'em.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »

Well, I had first heard this on The Zone and couldn't believe that a city councilman came out to the media and said this. Dude has some balls, I'll give him that.

In about, oh lets say a month, this same council will be begging for money again to build a stupid dome stadium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 10:11:19 AM »

It's a chocolate city. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:16:35 AM »
Dude has some balls, I'll give him that.

No he doesn't.

There are ZERO repercussions for a black person calling racism or making a racist comment on anything. It gets completely ignored...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 10:25:18 AM »
No he doesn't.

There are ZERO repercussions for a black person calling racism or making a racist comment on anything. It gets completely ignored...

Can't disagree with that. Very good point. I just can't believe a city official would just straight point blank say this in the mainstream media. I mean, this council depends on the money of businesses to fund their own goals for Bham. How can any smart business man fund a council that not only botches City Stages but pulls out of their commitment to support Barber. On top of that, their reasoning is racially motivated. Damn, that is so stupid on so many levels.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:35:40 AM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »
Pfft!  It's only racist if a whitey does it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 12:34:48 PM »
No he doesn't.

He has been empowered by the excellent example up in the big house. Ever since the GREAT ONE entered office, there has been an unwritten rule that any disagreement with any black person for any reason is nothing more than racism.

There are no more civil discussion between any races. You accept what you are told, or be branded a racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »

Except when the blacks do it, the media refuses to call them that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »
No he doesn't.

Why should there be any repercussions? The president is black. Kill whitey!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com