Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gettn wood.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Gettn wood.
« on: December 30, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-Tigers-insider-recruiting-notes-1229-108751

Auburn is making another late run at a junior college defensive tackle that is set to enroll at a D-I school in January. Get the latest on where the Tigers stand with Ben Bradley from Hutchinson (Kan.) Community College at the link below.

The Tigers have a new wide receiver target on the board. The 6-foot-5 wideout had a monster senior season with more than 1,500 yards receiving and 17 touchdowns. He's currently committed to an ACC school but would seriously consider an offer from the Tigers.

A junior college quarterback/athlete that combined for more than 3,700 yards passing and rushing and 36 touchdowns this fall has been in contact with Auburn's coaches. But he has a bit of a checkered past. WTF

Get all that and much more at the link below...

6'5 WR? That gives me serious wood. The QB possibility gives me wood too but a checkered past. What the hell do you do with that?

If someone has some inside info, please to be posting. Thanks in advance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
Re: Gettn wood.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-Tigers-insider-recruiting-notes-1229-108751

6'5 WR? That gives me serious wood. The QB possibility gives me wood too but a checkered past. What the hell do you do with that?

If someone has some inside info, please to be posting. Thanks in advance.
maybe he stolt somebody's ipad?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
maybe he stolt somebody's ipad?

Maybe his last name is Newton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
I thought Zeke Pike went to Louisville?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 05:32:08 PM »
I thought Zeke Pike went to Louisville?

Damn, that was actually my first thought when I read this article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »
The QB possibility gives me wood too but a checkered past. What the hell do you do with that?

Checkered past is exactly that, PAST. I have a checkered past and I turned out okay. So did this guy named Newton, who continuously improves both on and off the field.

Gus will clamp down on that I'm sure.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 06:49:29 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 07:59:24 PM »
Checkered past is exactly that, PAST. I have a checkered past and I turned out okay. So did this guy named Newton, who continuously improves both on and off the field.

Gus will clamp down on that I'm sure.

Well, apparently the author of that article felt it enough to put in the article. Why not just come out and explain what he means rather that drop some worthless tidbit?

Anyway, I am excited about hearing that Gus is taking the bull by the horns and addressing obvious depth issues on the Auburn team. Not to mention, I think it has been discussed numerous time on this here board about why Auburn has not one WR with the Calvin Johnson size and why Auburn did not recruit them. Everything is pointing in the right direction so far as I can tell with this new Auburn staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 08:33:03 PM »
I'd really like to know who they are talking about. http://247sports.com/Player/Max-Browne-12753
http://247sports.com/Player/Johnathan-Howard-16156

I brought up this name on AUF.

The useless eaters at AUF don't think we can get him, but I think we can. They think he'll either go to Ole Miss or SPUAT. If this is the same guy I think it is. If I'm not mistaken they had some of those same type comments when I brought up Cam. We will see.

Robert Nkemdiche Videos

Jersey: 1 Pos: DE Ht/Wt: 6'5"/275 Class: Sr. Sport: Football School: Grayson Rams Overall: 10-2-0 League: 7-1-0 Recruiting: College Status: Uncommitted
Clemson has him for what the weasle on Maxpreps says.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/129247-whos-been-watching-this-guy/#entry1781468

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/player/videos.aspx?athleteid=0bf0b53e-7e77-420d-8b31-1bb2d48182bf&ssid=37631434-bc40-4d46-a7c5-1042c42e338c&videoid=277d3d4e-bf1a-f109-a872-9bfbc26e774f

I really wasn't impressed with this kids video.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:44:22 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
I think we are still considering QB Matt Lipham- Northeast MS JC
He's from Slidell, LA.
Originally signed w So. Illinois- baseball/ football.

Kyrin Priester WR-http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6152194
Official visit set for 1-12 per Scout.
Ben Bradley is scheduled for 1-1.
JUCO OLB Brandon King 1-11 
JUCO DE Toby Johnson and S Khari Harding on 1-18.

And: A connection to Carl Lawson.
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/

Also: WR DeRunnya Wilson Wenonah HS B'ham***6-5.5 200+lbs.
less than 4.6 40, a basketball prospect as well. Miss. State was initially the favorite for this "under the radar" kid but Auburn is supposedly in the mix.
Not much info on him.

Al.com- Matt Scalici  http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/12/auburn_in_play_for_several_rec.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:55:53 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 04:25:40 PM »
So, Malzahn offered the 6'0" 225 pound running back team mate of Carl Lawson.  Ole Miss commit who it says flew under the radar because of a bad ankle injury that cost him his junior season.

Does he play linebacker too?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 06:15:47 PM »
So, Malzahn offered the 6'0" 225 pound running back team mate of Carl Lawson.  Ole Miss commit who it says flew under the radar because of a bad ankle injury that cost him his junior season.

Does he play linebacker too?
No but we aren't out of it for RB Derrick Green from Richmond, VA yet so anything's possible. Lots of posturing, back-up insurance and package deals in the works. Gus's crew might be behind but I don't think they'll be outworked.
I'm as concerned about the loss of ILB Trey Johnson as anyone else...along with the prospects of Foster not coming back. There are D-linemen still out there (like Bradley and Johnson) just not as highly touted as Liner, Adams, Lawson etc. but not so much for the kind of LB help we need immediately. You noted Zack Cunningham 6-4 195 in a prior post and Prowler mentioned the JUCO OLB Longino  (run support and sideline pursuit) As I told Prowler, I never saw him defend a pass in film but saw him piledrive defenders as a RB at Shaw HS in highlights.
We still have thirteen on board per the major sites and I'm still patiently optimistic.
I'm all for JUCO help. Get us a half dozen, whatever it takes to plug the holes.   
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:01:36 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 11:29:10 PM »
Phillip Marshall might be talking about JUCO WR Markieth Ambles (former USC 5 star WR, late to team functions & meetings, academically ineligible for the 2011 season, transferred to JUCO). I'm sure there's more to that, since Coach Kiffin doesn't seem like the discipline type of HC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »
I'll say this, I really like DeRunnya Wilson.

I can't wait until the dust settles on the finished product of the Coaching Staff that Coach Malzahn brings in and on the final 10-12 recruits that come on board the Gus Bus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 12:39:35 AM »
I took it as the article was mentioning a troubled QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:50:39 AM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 11:09:38 AM »

http://westvirginia.scout.com/a.z?s=159&p=8&c=1&nid=4212568

http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87&p=2&c=1249234&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fjcfootball.scout.com%2f2%2f1249234.html
This is a football player. Can play on either side of the ball and help somebody out as his list includes Oregon, Texas and W.Va. or maybe even Auburn. Has very good size and having played defense one would think he has some toughness as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 11:10:37 AM »
I turned out okay.

Lulz wut?

I thought wench or someone would have jumped all over this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 11:11:46 AM »
Lulz wut?

I left a pretty big matzo ball hanging there for Wrench and she's no show. LOL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 11:13:57 AM »
Lulz wut?

That was a pip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 11:20:56 AM »
This is a football player. Can play on either side of the ball and help somebody out as his list includes Oregon, Texas and W.Va. or maybe even Auburn. Has very good size and having played defense one would think he has some toughness as well.

He had issues too. I'm wondering if this is the guy they are looking at.

as it says in the article...

"The 6-6, 215-pound McEvoy is a dual-threat quarterback timed in the low 4.5s who transferred to Arizona Western from South Carolina prior to the season after an alcohol-related arrest and being buried on the depth chart. Coming out of Bergen Catholic in New Jersey, he was considered a three-star prospect after only playing quarterback for one season."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions