Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The SEC Isn't Down

The SEC Isn't Down
« on: October 07, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
A friend of mine was trying to badmouth what Bama has accomplished this season and last.  He claimed that the SEC is way down, and that's the only reason why Bama looks as good as they do.

I agree to an extent and definitely agree that the SEC was down as a whole last year. 

But other than that?  This year's conference is no softer than 2003-2010. 

The difference is that teams that should be good or great suck and a few teams that should never be great are good.

The SEC West is down because Arkansas and Auburn are powder puff teams?

Look at Miss State and Texas A&M. 

The SEC East is down because Georgia has a cakewalk of a schedule and is only real threat to win the SECCG? 

Florida's right back in it, and Tennessee is good enough to be competitive with anyone. 

The SEC is the same as it ever was.  The only difference is that Auburn sucks a major-sized donkey dick, and Miss State has taken our place.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

Re: The SEC Isn't Down
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »
This is the best team Spurrier has had at USCe. I don't necessarilly think they can beat Alabama but I tend to think they could two x in every five. Urban Meyer has Tressel's Buckeyes playing well and they might offer a good fight as well. But other than that I just see some flash in the pans, although I'm watching West Virginia as a sort of WC that can catch you off guard and put up an unreachable score (defense be damned) before you know what hit you, at least as of 10-7.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions