Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Winning in Starkvegas

Re: Winning in Starkvegas
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »
I'm going with option B.

Not surprisingly, the real choice was in the negatives.  Option -w was the right choice.  We didn't play like we did last week.  We didn't improve 1/4 or 3/4 or all of our mistakes.  We added to them.  We added a lot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »
Not surprisingly, the real choice was in the negatives.  Option -w was the right choice.  We didn't play like we did last week.  We didn't improve 1/4 or 3/4 or all of our mistakes.  We added to them.  We added a lot.

We made gains somewhere.   :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »
IMO, the coaches are still trying to figure out the makeup of this team. There are still players on the field that, at this time, shouldn't be...RG Chad Slade (better OL play = less timid QB), MLB Jake Holland (”Nova” McKinzy needs to have his face in the Defensive playbook and his ass in film study), S Jermaine Whitehead (he should change his number to #15 because he's playing about the same as Neiko Thorpe, Erique Florence was better than Neiko and IMO he'll be better than Jermaine).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »
IMO, the coaches are still trying to figure out the makeup of this team. There are still players on the field that, at this time, shouldn't be...RG Chad Slade (better OL play = less timid QB), MLB Jake Holland (”Nova” McKinzy needs to have his face in the Defensive playbook and his ass in film study), S Jermaine Whitehead (he should change his number to #15 because he's playing about the same as Neiko Thorpe, Erique Florence was better than Neiko and IMO he'll be better than Jermaine).
No offense brother, but you are on a island here.  There are no more excuses Prowler. 

Figure out the makeup of this team?  What the fuck was last year cause we didn't lose a lot.  What about spring practice? They couldn't use then?  Ok fall practice then surely they have them figured out? No? The first game?  Maybe they do have them figured out....they suck.

Seriously, most strides are made between the first and second game.  Unlike most on here I was optimistic after the first game.  I no longer am.  That was horrible football all around, coaches and players.  There is no reason we should have lost to that team.  None!  We regressed...we did the same shit last year.  It scares me!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Yoda

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 06:52:16 PM »
No offense brother, but you are on a island here.  There are no more excuses Prowler. 

Figure out the makeup of this team?  What the fuck was last year cause we didn't lose a lot.  What about spring practice? They couldn't use then?  Ok fall practice then surely they have them figured out? No? The first game?  Maybe they do have them figured out....they suck.

Seriously, most strides are made between the first and second game.  Unlike most on here I was optimistic after the first game.  I no longer am.  That was horrible football all around, coaches and players.  There is no reason we should have lost to that team.  None!  We regressed...we did the same shit last year.  It scares me!!!

This is all true.

Our identity is an offense that can't produce and a defense that can't stop the run or pass.  All of which I believe the coaches knew in the spring, fall and game 1.  What I don't understand is why we did not just turn into a running offense in the first half of yesterday's game.  Instead the coach tried to force something out of Frazier that was not there.  Then waited until we were down by 3 scores to turn into a running game, essentially giving up.

While I have seen many errors on defense I am still stunned that we were able to keep points off the board that should have been there with all the offensive turn overs.  The defense was able to make stops with a short field and then gives up chunks when the drive starts on the opponents side of the field.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »

Last year on Offense, we had a different starting QB, RB, LT, RT, OC & completely different Offensive playcalling. Last year on Defense, we had a different LB Coach, DB Coach & DC.

Apparently it's taking longer for the transition on both sides of the ball (they're recruiting their type of players as we speak, bigger RBs, bigger LBers & Safeties). If the coaches can't get their shit together and get this ship corrected then it'll be hard to get those needed players.

Those are the facts.

Another thing, no you can't find out everything about your team while going up against yourself. You learn more about your team after the first two or three games. We'll get to see how this team handles adversity after getting basically shit stomped by MSU. I hope they don't handle it like what I saw Saturday morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Yoda

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
Last year on Offense, we had a different starting QB, RB, LT, RT, OC & completely different Offensive playcalling. Last year on Defense, we had a different LB Coach, DB Coach & DC.

Apparently it's taking longer for the transition on both sides of the ball (they're recruiting their type of players as we speak, bigger RBs, bigger LBers & Safeties). If the coaches can't get their shit together and get this ship corrected then it'll be hard to get those needed players.

Those are the facts.

Another thing, no you can't find out everything about your team while going up against yourself. You learn more about your team after the first two or three games. We'll get to see how this team handles adversity after getting basically shit stomped by MSU. I hope they don't handle it like what I saw Saturday morning.

I do give you credit for standing by your team, that is for sure.  I do not agree with all of your assessments however.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »
I do give you credit for standing by your team, that is for sure.  I do not agree with all of your assessments however.
Everything that I posted was all facts, there's nothing to agree or disagree with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »

Those are the facts.

Prowler, you are right we did make some changes to the OC and DC, the part about the players, is an excuse.  That is a fact. The play calling I saw on Saturday was very basic and Kiehl still couldn't compete. LT is an upgrade you said it yourself and personally I though the line has done well, Kiehl has had time.  They have had 4 years to get a QB we have none. 

On the defensive side we didn't change scheme...still running the same 4-3 we were running before.  Still need fast agile ends to sack, need big line pushers in DL to clog the middle, tall DBs that are fast to cover and LB's that can tackle the guys.  They have had 4 years to get those guys.  I think we have the talent at the DL I don't think we have the talent at LB at all.  Those guys with the exception of Bates don't deserve to be playing D1 football.  The secondary have been sporadic, although I am willing to give them a bit of a pass because they have had to do the majority of the work. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 09:05:38 PM »
Everything that I posted was all facts, there's nothing to agree or disagree with.

Bullshit Prowler he has been there 4 years, we have had four top ten recruiting classes.  That alone should have given us enough talent to win on Saturday.  Losing...i'm sorry getting our ass handed to us by Mississippi fucking State is sick and not acceptable.  It's fucking excuses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Yoda

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »

Ok, then I don't agree with the the logic behind using your facts about why this team is not playing well.  But the Auburn in me is hoping you are correct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

Yoda

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 09:15:15 PM »
Bullshit Prowler he has been there 4 years, we have had four top ten recruiting classes.  That alone should have given us enough talent to win on Saturday.  Losing...i'm sorry getting our ass handed to us by Mississippi fucking State is sick and not acceptable.  It's fucking excuses.

This I do agree with.  My facts show that. Chizik has been given three years to build a team, with no pressure.  My facts show me that he was able to win a BCS title in that time with someone else's recruits and a year of his.  Great move to recruit two ju-co players, I will say.  In three years we should be playing seniors, juniors and any freshman and sophomores with the talent to play.

The real problem is that we have not developed players, have not been able to get talent on the field or even keep them on the team.  That is why we are young every year.  This is a coaching problem, nothing more nothing less.  If Chizik is around in three years we could still be saying that we are young, because there is some kind of disconnect with molding and developing kids into young men.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »
This I do agree with.  My facts show that. Chizik has been given three years to build a team, with no pressure.  My facts show me that he was able to win a BCS title in that time with someone else's recruits and a year of his.  Great move to recruit two ju-co players, I will say.  In three years we should be playing seniors, juniors and any freshman and sophomores with the talent to play.

The real problem is that we have not developed players, have not been able to get talent on the field or even keep them on the team.  That is why we are young every year.  This is a coaching problem, nothing more nothing less.  If Chizik is around in three years we could still be saying that we are young, because there is some kind of disconnect with molding and developing kids into young men.

Yup, unfortunately.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »
Prowler, you are right we did make some changes to the OC and DC, the part about the players, is an excuse.  That is a fact. The play calling I saw on Saturday was very basic and Kiehl still couldn't compete. LT is an upgrade you said it yourself and personally I though the line has done well, Kiehl has had time.  They have had 4 years to get a QB we have none. 

On the defensive side we didn't change scheme...still running the same 4-3 we were running before.  Still need fast agile ends to sack, need big line pushers in DL to clog the middle, tall DBs that are fast to cover and LB's that can tackle the guys.  They have had 4 years to get those guys.  I think we have the talent at the DL I don't think we have the talent at LB at all.  Those guys with the exception of Bates don't deserve to be playing D1 football.  The secondary have been sporadic, although I am willing to give them a bit of a pass because they have had to do the majority of the work.

True dat first paragraph.  Not same defense as Roof, but like you said, we should have the DL, and the DTs are suckage.  LBs, double suckage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 01:01:58 AM »

For the most part the OL has been pretty good...take Chad Slade out of there and it becomes really good (I'm guessing the coaches don't have confidence in Alex Kozan, but I do think he could do a better job than Slade).  Btw, Slade is one of the reasons why Frazier is watching the pressure instead of keeping his eyes downfield.

We do have fast DEs, Dee Ford and Corey Lemonier. What we're lacking is the push from the DTs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 01:03:13 AM »
For the most part the OL has been pretty good...take Chad Slade out of there and it becomes really good (I'm guessing the coaches don't have confidence in Alex Kozan, but I do think he could do a better job than Slade).  Btw, Slade is one of the reasons why Frazier is watching the pressure instead of keeping his eyes downfield.

We do have fast DEs, Dee Ford and Corey Lemonier. What we're lacking is the push from the DTs.
:suicide:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2012, 04:35:09 AM »
One more thing and I know this will make everyone's head explode...but here goes. Players don't always progress the same way, some take longer to progress than others, it took Jason Campbell and Josh Bynes nearly four years to progress.

I was wrong about Coach Leoffler not calling enough ”confidence building pass plays”, because he did call the correct plays, Frazier just couldn't connect on them.

StatTiger:
Last week against Clemson, 29.6 percent of Kiehl Frazier’s pass attempts were within 5-yards of the line scrimmage and 22.2 percent were beyond 20-yards.

Against Mississippi State, 59.1 percent of his pass attempts were within 5-yards of the line of scrimmage and he attempted no passes beyond 20-yards of the line of scrimmage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 06:55:13 AM »

I was wrong about Coach Leoffler not calling enough ”confidence building pass plays”, because he did call the correct plays, Frazier just couldn't connect on them.

Once, just once, I wish Auburn could recruit a gunslinger that didn't need "confidence building pass plays” because that sounds so pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 08:52:05 AM »
it took Jason Campbell and Josh Bynes nearly four years to progress.

Wrong...big time.  Do not even consider Frazier and Campbell in the same realm. NOT.EVEN.CLOSE

Campbell completed over 60% of his passes every year, and only during his RS Freshman year did he have more ints then TDs. 

Bynes also had a more productive Junior season then he did senior one.  So that argument is a fail as well. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 10:10:08 AM »
All I know is we didn't lose to Louisiana Monroe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."