Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ed Christian and Ladarius Phillips allegedly shot & killed

JR4AU

Re: Ed Christian and Ladarius Phillips allegedly shot & killed
« Reply #680 on: June 14, 2012, 08:03:15 PM »
Not that it needs to be said, but not all lawyers are like that woman.

Like that woman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #681 on: June 14, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »
Not that it needs to be said, but not all lawyers are like that woman.

I know that, but the brush paints broadly. 

I dislike lawyers as a group but like some individuals. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #682 on: June 14, 2012, 08:38:09 PM »
Say...did you hear the one about the lawyer, the oriental and the colored guy that walked into a bar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #683 on: June 14, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
Say...did you hear the one about the lawyer, the oriental and the colored guy that walked into a bar?

Oh, Porterhouse!  Look at the wax build-up on these shoes!  I want that wax stripped off of there and then I want them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois.  And I want them now!  Chop, chop!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #684 on: June 14, 2012, 11:56:40 PM »
Oh, Porterhouse!  Look at the wax build-up on these shoes!  I want that wax stripped off of there and then I want them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois.  And I want them now!  Chop, chop!

Colored boy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #685 on: June 15, 2012, 06:36:36 AM »
"This case really is about football," James said. "Take football out of the equation. This is a tragic event in which a lot of people lost their lives."
She forgot about the part about the people that lost their lives were Auburn students too and the fact that her client murdered them right off campus...and the fact that her client was with another guy who is on trial for the murder of a 14 year old girl...and the fact that her client has prior gun charges...and the fact that her client goes by the nickname woosie...

woosie

The act of being useless, irrelevant or completely lame.

woosy

1) A very weak character or girly kind of male.

2) An expression to get a friend or others you are talking to attention as to how weak or feministic either they or others are acting.

3) Means a loser or someone really dumb

1) That guy is so pathetic, He couldn't even throw the ball as far as from first base to the pitching mound. Man what a woosy!

2) "Guys as your coach today, you really played like a bunch of girls, I hate to say it but, you really played like a bunch of woosies, And you Ray was the biggest woosy of all today."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #686 on: June 15, 2012, 08:06:49 AM »
"This case really is about football," James said. "Take football out of the equation. This is a tragic event in which a lot of people lost their lives."

At first I thought maybe that was a misquote.  If she actually said "this case is about football" then I that's fucking stupid.  When I first read it I thought she said/meant it's NOT about football, and that it was a misprint or misquote. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #687 on: June 15, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »
At first I thought maybe that was a misquote.  If she actually said "this case is about football" then I that's fucking stupid.  When I first read it I thought she said/meant it's NOT about football, and that it was a misprint or misquote.

I get this feeling that I am really really not going to like this women.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #688 on: June 15, 2012, 09:57:05 AM »
I get this feeling that I am really really not going to like this women.

You mean her being a criminal defense attorney doing her job isn't enough to inspire raw hatred in you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #689 on: June 15, 2012, 10:34:48 AM »
Like that woman?
His appointed attorney.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #690 on: June 15, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »
You mean her being a criminal defense attorney doing her job isn't enough to inspire raw hatred in you?

This is where I lost my patience with lawyers. 

"Doing their job" as a criminal defense attorney should not entail devising schemes to allow guilty parties to escape punishment. 

"Doing their job" actually means making sure that the defendant is treated fairly, that the actions taken against him are lawful and that he is allowed to offer evidence of his innocence (or at least his motivations if he is guilty). 

How "doing their job" morphed in to wrangling the least possible sentence available, lobbing smoke grenades to confuse juries and delving into the worst manner of subterfuge and deception is beyond me.  That is not "their job."   Their job is to protect the rights of the defendant and it should end there.

This ragged, pie faced whore setting up clandestine meetings with this murderer, driving around with him for an hour and then negotiating the terms of his surrender?  Well beyond protecting his rights.  Fuck that.  He should have taken her hostage.  I said that before.  Would have served ol' dusty cooter right. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #691 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:34 AM »

"Doing their job" as a criminal defense attorney should not entail devising schemes to allow guilty parties to escape punishment. 

"Doing their job" actually means making sure that the defendant is treated fairly, that the actions taken against him are lawful and that he is allowed to offer evidence of his innocence (or at least his motivations if he is guilty). 

How "doing their job" morphed in to wrangling the least possible sentence available, lobbing smoke grenades to confuse juries and delving into the worst manner of subterfuge and deception is beyond me.  That is not "their job."   Their job is to protect the rights of the defendant and it should end there.

This ragged, pie faced whore setting up clandestine meetings with this murderer, driving around with him for an hour and then negotiating the terms of his surrender?  Well beyond protecting his rights.  Fuck that.  He should have taken her hostage.  I said that before.  Would have served ol' dusty cooter right.
Are you God?  How do you automatically know someone is guilty?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #692 on: June 15, 2012, 10:41:58 AM »
His appointed attorney.

Yes, I knew who you were referring to, just not what it is about her that you think makes her different from you, or me.  I don't know her personally.  Do you?  I've only met her once or twice, and never had a case with her. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #693 on: June 15, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
Are you God?  How do you automatically know someone is guilty?

Yes. 

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #694 on: June 15, 2012, 10:44:24 AM »

You assume a lot to get where you are. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #695 on: June 15, 2012, 10:48:25 AM »
You assume a lot to get where you are.

Indeed.

The main duty of a criminal defense lawyer is to advocate for their client and ensure that the prosecution prove each and every element of the charges leveled against their clients.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #696 on: June 15, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »
Photos from the candle-light prayer vigil:

http://theplainsman.com/pages/multimedia_photos
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #697 on: June 15, 2012, 10:56:11 AM »
Indeed.

The main duty of a criminal defense lawyer is to advocate for their client and ensure that the prosecution prove each and every element of the charges leveled against their clients.

And as I suspected, somebody is misquoting, or making typos in their reporting.  This is more in line with what someone in a rational mind would say:

"This case really isn't about football," James said. "Take football out of the equation. This is a tragic event in which a lot of people lost their lives."

But I have no idea, now, which one is accurate.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/accused_shooter_desmonte_leona.html

Can't really see what this lawyer has done, other than negotiate a peaceful surrender for her client, and set out to represent him. 

And this, to me, says she's very grounded:

"I know he's innocent because the law says he's innocent... That's not considering the facts of the case," she said.

Translation: "he's innocent because the law says he is until he's convicted, so it's a true statement of fact that he's innocent.  The facts may change that in the end".

Some of you fuckers don't like her because she didn't chance her client being shot by police, and turned him in rather than tipping the police off to his whereabouts.  Pffffft.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #698 on: June 15, 2012, 10:56:34 AM »
Her statement is spot on concerning football.  I said the same thing earlier.  Any lawyer worth a shit would be fighting to have this case moved.  I say again, if the victims had been John Doe's to you and me, this case wouldn't have been more than "Shooting in Auburn leaves 3 dead...film at 11:00".  But it wasn't.  These are/were Auburn football players and this instantly became a national story.  It was still on the front page of Fox News yesterday. 

I hope the little thug ass son of a bitch gets a bullet between his eyes.  But right now, his defense attorney is going to do everything possible to make sure he gets a fair trial and yes, the best deal possible if offered.  And I imagine JR can speak to the fact that he's only going to get some sort of offer if the case doesn't turn out to be as open and shut as we all believe it to be. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #699 on: June 15, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »
While I do hope this guy experiences a long, painful death, I am grateful to live in a country where even this kind of miscreant is awarded a fair trial. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole