Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ed Christian and Ladarius Phillips allegedly shot & killed

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Ed Christian and Ladarius Phillips allegedly shot & killed
« Reply #540 on: June 13, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »
Don't sell yourself short, that fucker is 2 inches long, but like a cheese wheel around.

He Cares!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #542 on: June 13, 2012, 02:27:22 PM »
penis jousting.

You better get a handle on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #543 on: June 13, 2012, 02:32:51 PM »
You better get a handle on that.

Remember: don't cross the streams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #544 on: June 13, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
Don't sell yourself short, that fudgeer is 2 inches long, but like a cheese wheel around.

He won't hit bottom, but he will stretch out the edges.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #545 on: June 13, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »
Remember: don't cross the streams.

Venkman, shorten your stream! I don't want my face burned off!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #546 on: June 13, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »
Venkman, shorten your stream! I don't want my face burned off!

Everybody has three mortgages these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #547 on: June 13, 2012, 03:05:31 PM »
I certainly defer to the expert.  Law school was a long time ago, but I still remember Bob Goodwin drilling into our heads: "murder is the unlawful taking of another's life with malice aforethought." 

Of course he was the same guy that managed to work a joint into every hypo.  Discussing B&E?  Here's your hypo: Let's suppose you're at home smoking a marijuana cigarette and you walk outside to get some air.  You see your neighbor's window slightly ajar...

Or how about an assault discussion?  Let's say you're at home smoking a marijuana cigarette and you get into an argument with your neighbor about the football game on television.

Never had anything to do with the hypo...he just loved talking about the weed.

That silly Goodwin.  He spent a lot of time on a bestiality case with us...and introduced marijuana into the fact pattern as well.

Talk about riding high on your horse...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #548 on: June 13, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »
All this discussion of change of venue...

Has the judge in the Harvey Updyke case ruled yet on the change of venue? If they proved that Harvey couldn't get a fair trial in Auburn, I don't see how this case would be any different.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 03:13:36 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #549 on: June 13, 2012, 03:14:17 PM »

Has the judge in the Harvey Updyke case ruled yet on the change of venue? If they proved that Harvey couldn't get a fair trial in Auburn, I don't see how this case would be any different.

Who is the judge, Hughes or Walker? IMHO Hughes is the hardass of the two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #550 on: June 13, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »

I can.  Updyke is far more likely to get a change of venue than Leonard. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #551 on: June 13, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
This case made the national news.  Wasn't just a state issue.  I'd be shocked to see a change of venue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #552 on: June 13, 2012, 04:20:02 PM »
I only did about a year and a half of criminal work and never faced a change of venue issue.  So, I honestly am no more an expert on the subject than anyone else on here.  I am certain the Court will have to take it up, probably early on, and whether it happens I have no clue. 

The shootings immediately became a national event, strictly because of who was involved.  Had this happened at some neighborhood party and no players and/or students been involved, it might have made the Montgomery paper and the only people talking about it would be a handful of Finebaum callers using it to stir the pot about Awbren.  But the fact that it did involve Auburn students and players, it hit close to home.  We feel like we have a connection to those people.  Some of our own were attacked and killed.  And I would imagine that the citizens of Auburn are not only upset about the losses of some of their own, but angry as hell over this Woosie Woo coming to the Lovliest Village and causing a massacre.

I do see some similarities with the Updyke case as I would have to think that those same Auburn citizens are angry as hell, as we all are, over this guy....a rival fan at that...coming into their town and not only destroying property, but stealing a time honored tradition.  I can see James, or whoever, having a compelling argument to move the case.  Whether it's allowed or not, I could only guess. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #553 on: June 13, 2012, 04:25:06 PM »
I only did about a year and a half of criminal work and never faced a change of venue issue.  So, I honestly am no more an expert on the subject than anyone else on here.  I am certain the Court will have to take it up, probably early on, and whether it happens I have no clue. 

The shootings immediately became a national event, strictly because of who was involved.  Had this happened at some neighborhood party and no players and/or students been involved, it might have made the Montgomery paper and the only people talking about it would be a handful of Finebaum callers using it to stir the pot about Awbren.  But the fact that it did involve Auburn students and players, it hit close to home.  We feel like we have a connection to those people.  Some of our own were attacked and killed.  And I would imagine that the citizens of Auburn are not only upset about the losses of some of their own, but angry as hell over this Woosie Woo coming to the Lovliest Village and causing a massacre.

I do see some similarities with the Updyke case as I would have to think that those same Auburn citizens are angry as hell, as we all are, over this guy....a rival fan at that...coming into their town and not only destroying property, but stealing a time honored tradition.  I can see James, or whoever, having a compelling argument to move the case.  Whether it's allowed or not, I could only guess.

I had a change of venue one night in Lee County. Fucking bouncers kicked me out of Blue Room/Neons (now the Sky Bar) and I was forced to finish the night at Bodega. Damn bouncers are tools I tell ya. I bet they sit around and watch roadhouse and talk about bouncing, and fondle themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #554 on: June 13, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »
I had a change of venue one night in Lee County. Fucking bouncers kicked me out of Blue Room/Neons (now the Sky Bar) and I was forced to finish the night at Bodega. Damn bouncers are tools I tell ya. I bet they sit around and watch roadhouse and talk about bouncing, and fondle themselves.

snicker
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #555 on: June 13, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »
snicker

Just trying to contribute my cherry picked anecdotal evidence as it concerns change of venue in Lee County for getting in trouble. And now you know......the rest of the story. Good DAY!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #556 on: June 13, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »

I didn't want to be drunk in pub LICK!  I wanted to be drunk in that bar!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #557 on: June 13, 2012, 04:36:28 PM »
I didn't want to be drunk in pub LICK!  I wanted to be drunk in that bar!

I didn't know how many of em it was gonna' take....but I knew how many they were gonna' use.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #558 on: June 13, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
Why? Both affect the Auburn community/Auburn fans. Why do we have 38 pages and counting discussing this? We wouldn't if it happened in any other city in the US.

I would say Updyke had even more national coverage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #559 on: June 13, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »
they call me Tater Salad!
friendly