No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Ed Christian and Ladarius Phillips allegedly shot & killed
« Reply #461 on: June 12, 2012, 10:29:31 PM »
Now that the search is over, a question for you lawyers:

If they determine that someone did strike him first with a beer bottle which led to him shooting, could that drop the capital murder charges? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #462 on: June 12, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »
AFter flubbing a tweet:

HABOTN ‏@HABOTN
Leonard's lawyer is Susan JAMES. Sorry.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #463 on: June 12, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »

I see Finebaum is advising his council...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #464 on: June 12, 2012, 10:54:03 PM »

If they determine that someone did strike him first with a beer bottle which led to him shooting, could that drop the capital murder charges?
Not a lawyer, maybe on the one that hit him in the head, but not the other two that he killed. He'll be going to jail for a long time, then after 50 years he'll finally get the lethal injection or hungry rats in a bucket that's strapped to his chest then the bottom end of the bucket set on fire (or whatever death penalty we have here).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #465 on: June 12, 2012, 11:01:06 PM »

Capital murder charge will stand because:  "two or more persons murdered in same act/course of conduct"

whether or not he was hit with a bottle, the self-defense claim is laughable. Multiple shooting victims when one person supposedly hit him over the head. I wanna MD to inspect his head. Still multiple vics, he's fucked or cooked whichever you prefer.

*electrocution*

I'm not lawyer but I can read law: http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/capital-punishment/alabama/

Furthermore, "certain persons forbidden to carry", I think is a felony as well. Not that that has any bearing on the case, or maybe it does. Murder in the commission of a felony, but certain persons is not listed. He will still fry. He is NOT Zimmerman.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:08:31 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #466 on: June 12, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
This in my opinion is a slam dunk case for Prosecution. As soon as Defense puts up self defense, Prosecution can bury that with "Why did you you run and hide?".....or, "Why did you shoot six people?".....or.............................................................................
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #467 on: June 12, 2012, 11:34:03 PM »
There's really no sense in having this conversation with you.  You've already established that the authorities are correct in whatever they say or not say because they know better because they're the authorities.

They know more about what they're doing than the folks that aren't trained to, and that have never done it.  It has shit to do with "being the authorities". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #468 on: June 12, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »
And I agree with all of this.  They shouldn't have said a damn word until they have him in custody.

Yep!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #469 on: June 12, 2012, 11:40:49 PM »
Well, all I know is that Gus Malzahn could have been outcoached by a smacked out capuchin monkey in the Iron Bowl.

Fact.

I'm struggling to find the relevance. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #470 on: June 12, 2012, 11:57:16 PM »
JR, with this having Mtg somewhat involved, is there any chance you could get involved on this case?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #471 on: June 12, 2012, 11:59:28 PM »
JR, with this having Mtg somewhat involved, is there any chance you could get involved on this case?

I don't work anywhere close to Mtgy.  Well, not really.  Mtgy county has nothing to do with what happened in Auburn. He'll be held for Lee County to come pick him up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #472 on: June 13, 2012, 12:12:09 AM »
Capital murder charge will stand because:  "two or more persons murdered in same act/course of conduct"

whether or not he was hit with a bottle, the self-defense claim is laughable. Multiple shooting victims when one person supposedly hit him over the head. I wanna MD to inspect his head. Still multiple vics, he's fucked or cooked whichever you prefer.

*electrocution*

I'm not lawyer but I can read law: http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/capital-punishment/alabama/

Furthermore, "certain persons forbidden to carry", I think is a felony as well. Not that that has any bearing on the case, or maybe it does. Murder in the commission of a felony, but certain persons is not listed. He will still fry. He is NOT Zimmerman.

he won't fry...turned himself in.  i wouldn't be surprised if a deal wasn't worked out before hand.

side note: chopper was hovering? ...i thought he was a G5 kinda playa.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #473 on: June 13, 2012, 12:17:05 AM »
I don't work anywhere close to Mtgy.  Well, not really.  Mtgy county has nothing to do with what happened in Auburn. He'll be held for Lee County to come pick him up.

Figured that but had to ask.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #474 on: June 13, 2012, 02:25:33 AM »
he won't fry...turned himself in.  i wouldn't be surprised if a deal wasn't worked out before hand.

side note: chopper was hovering? ...i thought he was a G5 kinda playa.
We shall see. I'm standing on my statement, even though I could be horribly wrong. Please tell me he at least gets Murder 1 X 3 plus the other charges and life without with the possibility of parole and he's getting buttfucked and fisted nightly. Deal worked, really???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2012, 05:33:22 AM »
We shall see. I'm standing on my statement, even though I could be horribly wrong. Please tell me he at least gets Murder 1 X 3 plus the other charges and life without with the possibility of parole and he's getting buttfucked and fisted nightly. Deal worked, really???
The guy had prior gun charges on his record too...So yeah, he'll be going to "fuck you in the ass" prison.  But, he'll probably be among friends from Montgomery and the surrounding areas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
The guy had prior gun charges on his record too...So yeah, he'll be going to "fuck you in the ass" prison.  But, he'll probably be among friends from Montgomery and the surrounding areas.

No way in hell to predict what a jury will do.  I would guess that a Lee Co. jury is pretty white, and conservative for the most part.  You can talk about how you'd feel and react if you were on the jury to what they might or might not use as a defense, but you don't know all the facts, and you're not on the jury.  The fact that it, at least right now, seems to be that someone else started the jawing match, and that the Defendant was hit over the head with a bottle might matter to a jury.  I can't see him walking on killing 3 people who were merely bystanders, but you never know what a jury will do, and we don't know all the facts or testimony that will or might come out at trial.  And, he may take a plea to something less.  Very early stages now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2012, 09:36:36 AM »
My thought, strictly based on what I know at this point, is he won't get the death penalty.  Plus, he lawyer'd up nicely. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
My thought, strictly based on what I know at this point, is he won't get the death penalty.  Plus, he lawyer'd up nicely.
Pretty much no way he gets the death penalty. If he had been in that attic? Perhaps a different story.

When he had handed himself over to police, I wanted to be happy, but I was a bit dejected knowing that that had to have dramatically lowered his sentence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
I give the all the credit to Chizik and his press conference. Did I mention that I love Coach Chizik?

I can give you his address in Auburn if you want to knock on his door and ask him out on a date. He has a lovely home near the Moore's Mill area. Old English tudor style. The 3 car garage is a nice touch I must say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE