Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ed Christian and Ladarius Phillips allegedly shot & killed

JR4AU

Re: Ed Christian and Ladarius Phillips allegedly shot & killed
« Reply #440 on: June 12, 2012, 06:01:40 PM »
That's always the issue at hand.  Not just in this situation.

I'd say you're probably right. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #441 on: June 12, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »
So, THS, et al, what are the issues here?  The fact they thought they had him, and your perception they let him slip through their fingers?  The fact they said things that got you excited about the prospect of capture, that now seem to be erroneous at this point?  Is it the job they're doing, how they're doing it, or how you're being fed information about how they're doing it?
All I'm saying is, if you're going to go on TV and tell everyone that you heard someone in the attic moving and coughing, you SAW a human form on a thermal imaging camera, and spend seven hours using various technologies, knowing you're being filmed throughout the whole thing, and then just fizzle into nothing, without explaining what the hell happened, it looks pretty foolish on their part. Then to hold two separate press conferences the following morning in which you sound like you have no idea what's going on, contradicting things you said earlier, and completely avoiding any sort of explanation for your false statements to the press, some egg is on their face.

I'm not saying I could do it better. I'm not saying they owe me an explanation personally. I understand it may not be necessary to tip their hand.

I'm just saying, it looks pretty disorganized on this end.

And I don't see how not completely ignoring the questions they were asked about why they were so confident that someone was in that attic, citing specific things like the thermal readings and hearing a person coughing is sensitive information, but I guess I don't know.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:45:11 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #442 on: June 12, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »
Choppers on the web, landing on Hudson skreet.

Is that at Tanner intersection?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

JR4AU

« Reply #444 on: June 12, 2012, 06:26:37 PM »
All I'm saying is, if you're going to go on TV and tell everyone that you heard someone in the attic moving and coughing, you SAW a human form on a thermal imaging camera, and spend seven hours using various technologies, knowing you're being filmed throughout the whole thing, and then just fizzle into nothing, without explaining what the hell happened, it looks pretty foolish on their part. Then to hold two separate press conferences the following morning in which you sound like you have no idea what's going on, contradicting things you said earlier, and completely avoiding any sort of explanation for your false statements to the press, some egg is on their face.

I'm not saying I could do it better. I'm not saying they owe me an explanation personally. I understand it may not be necessary to tip their hand.

And I don't see how not completely ignoring the questions they were asked about why they were so confident that someone was in that attic, siting specific things like the thermal readings and hearing a person coughing is sensitive information, but I guess I don't know.

Thank you! 

It's like anything else, you're giving a critique after the fact, with the outcome known.  They were on the ground live, with the information that was current to them at the time.  If anything, their biggest error was giving out too much info while it was still unfolding. 

I've also not been able to see every presser, or hear everything said by police media liaisons, or whatever.   I don't know how much of the information you think (or anybody else thinks) came directly from them, vs what got reported, ie Tate's assertion that it wasn't tear gas, and what is attributed to them.  And, maybe you can just accept it as fact that, at some time yesterday, they had the thermal images, and heard what they thought was a cough, and it turned out not to be the suspect?  Technology can fail, or mislead, and it could ever be that from whoever was running the "technology" one thing was said, and by the time it got to a media liaison, it was somehow altered.   "We think we have a heat signature, and we're trying to confirm it's likely human" to "We have a heat signature on our infrared equipment, and have confirmed it's appears to be human."  (Or whatever was said)

Here's what I'm 100% sure of: Yesterday they acted on a tip they felt was credible.  When they arrived, they garnered further information that further supported that tip, and they acted accordingly.  I can't say if the tip was good or not, but in the end, the suspect wasn't where they thought he was.  I'm satisfied knowing that. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #445 on: June 12, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »
Finebaum has said about 100 times that "there's more to this story, that when it comes out, we're going to have a completely different perspective".

Woosie's friends keep calling in talking about how great a guy he is, and how the Auburn football players started all of this, and poor Woosie was only acting in self defense. He had no choice in the  matter. It was fight or flight. The man is covering the truth up to salvage the image of Auburn.

Fuck these clowns. It's so absurd one would think it's not worth wasting your breath over. So it's self defense to block the exits of the clubhouse and spray the whole fuckin' place? Taking out six people, killing three? If it was self defense, then why is he STILL on the run from 9 state and federal agencies? Why not at least try to tell your side of the story? It's beyond absurd, and yet Paul is giving credence to it, saying over and over that "more will come out of this, and I think it will be totally different than the media is portraying it now".

And with that, I'm done with Finebaum again.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:09:43 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #446 on: June 12, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »
Why anyone thinks finebaum is someone to listen to, is beyond me. Y'all know his show is caller driven and y'all know what type of callers that call into that show (the updyke pieces of shit)...y'all should've known what was going to come out of the bald prick's mouth towards the end of the show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #447 on: June 12, 2012, 07:55:15 PM »
Thank you! 

It's like anything else, you're giving a critique after the fact, with the outcome known.  They were on the ground live, with the information that was current to them at the time.  If anything, their biggest error was giving out too much info while it was still unfolding. 

I've also not been able to see every presser, or hear everything said by police media liaisons, or whatever.   I don't know how much of the information you think (or anybody else thinks) came directly from them, vs what got reported, ie Tate's assertion that it wasn't tear gas, and what is attributed to them.  And, maybe you can just accept it as fact that, at some time yesterday, they had the thermal images, and heard what they thought was a cough, and it turned out not to be the suspect?  Technology can fail, or mislead, and it could ever be that from whoever was running the "technology" one thing was said, and by the time it got to a media liaison, it was somehow altered.   "We think we have a heat signature, and we're trying to confirm it's likely human" to "We have a heat signature on our infrared equipment, and have confirmed it's appears to be human."  (Or whatever was said)

Here's what I'm 100% sure of: Yesterday they acted on a tip they felt was credible.  When they arrived, they garnered further information that further supported that tip, and they acted accordingly.  I can't say if the tip was good or not, but in the end, the suspect wasn't where they thought he was.  I'm satisfied knowing that.

Well, all I know is that Gus Malzahn could have been outcoached by a smacked out capuchin monkey in the Iron Bowl.

Fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #448 on: June 12, 2012, 08:34:05 PM »
Round 2!
@HABOTN
Chopper appears to be circling over the Halcyon South neighborhood.

How in the fuck is he able to hover with those little arms?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #449 on: June 12, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »

Fist bumps of fury
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #450 on: June 12, 2012, 08:57:10 PM »

In very tight little circles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

djsimp

« Reply #451 on: June 12, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »
In very tight little circles.

He's a hummingbird, let him fly!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #452 on: June 12, 2012, 09:15:54 PM »
Thank you! 

There's really no sense in having this conversation with you.  You've already established that the authorities are correct in whatever they say or not say because they know better because they're the authorities. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Vandy Vol

« Reply #453 on: June 12, 2012, 09:16:31 PM »
My skreetz say that ole Woosie turned himself in recently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

djsimp

« Reply #454 on: June 12, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »
My skreetz say that ole Woosie turned himself in recently.

O'rilly?!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #455 on: June 12, 2012, 09:32:20 PM »
Pressed at 9:15
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #456 on: June 12, 2012, 09:35:46 PM »
O'rilly?!

http://www.wsfa.com/story/18760658/auburn-shooting-suspect-desmonte-lee-turns-himself-in

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) -

The man sought for a multi-victim shooting just off of the Auburn University campus last Saturday turned himself to authorities Tuesday evening, WSFA 12 News can confirm.

Details are limited at this time, but Desmonte Leonard, 22, turned himself in at the Montgomery Federal Courthouse.

WSFA 12 News has a crew en route to the courthouse. We'll have the latest information as soon as it becomes available.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #457 on: June 12, 2012, 09:41:48 PM »
I give the all the credit to Chizik and his press conference. Did I mention that I love Coach Chizik?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #458 on: June 12, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »

And I don't see how not completely ignoring the questions they were asked about why they were so confident that someone was in that attic, citing specific things like the thermal readings and hearing a person coughing is sensitive information, but I guess I don't know.

And I agree with all of this.  They shouldn't have said a damn word until they have him in custody. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #459 on: June 12, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »
Evan Woodbery ‏@auburnbeat
Leonard attorney: "When the full story is told, it may sound different than the perception now."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole