Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ed Christian and Ladarius Phillips allegedly shot & killed

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Ed Christian and Ladarius Phillips allegedly shot & killed
« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »
Agree. And to add further to this - when the hell did law enforcement start discussing details/evidence of an investigation with the public other than the general PR info? Sounds like a couple of the guys on here picked the wrong line of work. A couple of regular Hunters I tell ya..... :facepalm:

Most of the info that was leaking out last night was heresay and rumoring from journalists like that fucking hack Jay "There was No Tear GAS" Tate. Let them do their jobs and quit hindsighting every fucking minor detail. Not all information is for public consumption. And there is a reason why.

Quick hijack.  Was having a talk with a client who has served a couple of tours in Afghanistan.  We were having a similar discussion to what is often said on here by you warmonger types...with your guns and your bullets and your purple hearts...and sexy camoflage.  "If they'd just allow the soldiers to go in and do what they're trained to do...."  Anyway, one thing that has always bugged the stuffing out of me is it seems like daily, we would hear reports of how supplies are being sent to prepare for a major offensive on Ishlamabdijad..inator...this coming Wednesday....at 17:30...with the attack starting on the east side of the city.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #381 on: June 12, 2012, 01:59:36 PM »
So the Police Chiefs were just pulling stuff out of their ass about things as specific as thermal imaging that appeared to be in human form? And all the multiple times they said they heard movement and human coughs, etc.?

All this took nearly 7 hours to find out no one was there the whole time...

Maybe they have split personalities.  Fuck if I know.  I don't see what it matters though.  He wasn't in there when they got there but it does sound like he was there at one point based on the conference.

The reason it took 7 hours is the due to the nanny state you live in now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #382 on: June 12, 2012, 02:03:00 PM »
Quick hijack.  Was having a talk with a client who has served a couple of tours in Afghanistan.  We were having a similar discussion to what is often said on here by you warmonger types...with your guns and your bullets and your purple hearts...and sexy camoflage.  "If they'd just allow the soldiers to go in and do what they're trained to do...."  Anyway, one thing that has always bugged the stuffing out of me is it seems like daily, we would hear reports of how supplies are being sent to prepare for a major offensive on Ishlamabdijad..inator...this coming Wednesday....at 17:30...with the attack starting on the east side of the city.       

I can tell you this.  We had a reporter for ABC news attached to our unit for about four days until we found out the motherfucker was saying shit he ought not to.  It's actually good that we found out about it while still in Saudi cause had it been anywhere else he would have heroically thrown himself onto a grenade saving all of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #383 on: June 12, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »
Can someone get me a copy of the MPD depth chart?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #384 on: June 12, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
Again, I didn't see the MPD conference, but it appears there's some conflicting comments from credible sources.

https://twitter.com/JHokanson/status/212588197992079361
@JHokanson
Officials reiterate they believed Leonard was in the house and when they arrived, that he was still there.
So he just slipped out the back with the house surrounded by MPD, AUPD, FBI, US Marshalls and more??

Or is it...
https://twitter.com/auburnbeat/status/212588905143349248
@auburnbeat
Official: "It's hard for us to discern exactly when he left (versus) when we arrived." Maybe 15-minute gap.

Just seems like one big mess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #385 on: June 12, 2012, 02:04:45 PM »
Not sure if this has been clearly stated -

Both the mayor and some police director of safety guy AND a blonde female police officer in uniform said on air that thermals had confirmed that someone was in the attic.  They also heard a cough.  They knew someone was there, but it was only probably that it was Desmonte.

Ok, so they did thermals and heard what they thought was a cough at the time.....do you want that dissected further? They were obviously wrong/dropped the ball. I don't know what else to say other than it appears they were duped somehow someway. Moving on.......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #386 on: June 12, 2012, 02:06:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm not buying it.

They aren't addressing that their thermal imaging devices either malfunctioned or aren't as accurate as advertised. 

Or maybe the guy slipped out somehow.

Either way, this seems like a definite "Let's ignore and it'll go away" tactic.

Who says they are ignoring it? Just because they aren't spoon feeding these idiots like Jay Tate in the media so they can get their "scoop" doesn't mean they are ignoring it. You/We/Everyone probably doesn't know 20% of what they know behind the scenes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #387 on: June 12, 2012, 02:08:30 PM »
Just seems like one big mess.

I would say a big mess would be constituted by bodies still being left in his wake. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #388 on: June 12, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »
Watched the initial coverage on WSFA last night with the Mayor and blonde lady Officer.  I came in just as he was saying they had used tear gas and heard a cough coming from the attic.  I did not hear anything about thermal imaging.  Not saying they didn't say it because I missed the first little piece of it.  I just assumed they had the people in place where they could have heard it from a vent or something. 

In my opinion, they did exactly what they should have done.  You get a tip that a presumably armed man who just killed 3 people is at a particular house, you get your ass over there and secure it immediately.  Not sure why the packing up and leaving at 2:30 happened without giving the press a crumb when you've been on camera all anight long to that point.  But, all that does is not satisfy my need to know....which has no bearing on the manhunt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #389 on: June 12, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »
Watched the initial coverage on WSFA last night with the Mayor and blonde lady Officer.  I came in just as he was saying they had used tear gas and heard a cough coming from the attic.  I did not hear anything about thermal imaging.  Not saying they didn't say it because I missed the first little piece of it.  I just assumed they had the people in place where they could have heard it from a vent or something. 

In my opinion, they did exactly what they should have done.  You get a tip that a presumably armed man who just killed 3 people is at a particular house, you get your ass over there and secure it immediately.  Not sure why the packing up and leaving at 2:30 happened without giving the press a crumb when you've been on camera all anight long to that point.  But, all that does is not satisfy my need to know....which has no bearing on the manhunt.

THIS guy ^^^ gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2012, 02:12:29 PM »
I can tell you this.  We had a reporter for ABC news attached to our unit for about four days until we found out the motherfucker was saying shit he ought not to.  It's actually good that we found out about it while still in Saudi cause had it been anywhere else he would have heroically thrown himself onto a grenade saving all of us.

See, I've often wondered how much of that goes on.  I can't count the times I've heard reports about an impending attack or maneuver and I thought, "Do you think these people are too dumb to monitor our media?"  Who is giving this info out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2012, 02:13:15 PM »
The reason it took 7 hours is the due to the nanny state you live in now.
If it took 24 hours, it would be acceptable as long as no LEO was injuried. If the guy (who has already killed 3 and injuried 4 others with a gun) was really holed up in the attic, or they believed he was, that is a fairly decided tactical advantage on his part. He obviously doesn't want to go to jail, and doesn't mind killing people. Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? That fucker has to come down eventually. Things definitely would have been really toasty in that attic come noon today with temps around 90 and them lobbing tear gas in there.

Whether he was really there or not, I don't know. But they acted accordingly for the situation that they thought they had.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2012, 02:25:01 PM »
See, I've often wondered how much of that goes on.  I can't count the times I've heard reports about an impending attack or maneuver and I thought, "Do you think these people are too dumb to monitor our media?"  Who is giving this info out?

Was never a doubt in my mind that it had happened in the past and would happen again if I was involved in it.  Thinking back on it now I remember that even though he has a couple of screws loose Geraldo Rivera had the best reputation of any reporter about keeping his mouth shut about things he didn't need to say in regards to movements or operations.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:11:48 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »
Chizik presser about to start.

Can't stream from work :(

http://www2.oanow.com/live
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »
Chizik presser about to start.

Can't stream from work :(

http://www2.oanow.com/live

You wouldn't be able to hear it.  Sound is terrible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »
Lost the feed but from what I heard I can tell....I love Coach Chizik.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »
Feed was horrible.

I was able to confirm that he did not address the coughing or thermal imaging though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »
Feed was horrible.

I was able to confirm that he did not address the coughing or thermal imaging though.
Derp.

From what I can gather on teh twitterz Chizik handled that as gracefully as anyone can.

@JHokanson
Chizik asked if he has a message for Desmonte Leonard: "No, I don't."

@auburnbeat
Chizik on Auburn: "This is one of the safest college towns in the country." Cites US News top-10 ranking on places to live.

@auburnbeat
Chizik: "I'm not worried about football season. I don't care about football season. This is about young guys getting past a tragic event."

@JHokanson
Chizik: My one goal is to provide everything we can to anybody that was impacted. My goal is to make sure they have the help they need.

@HABOTN
Chizik: Athletic department will provide transportation to the funerals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2012, 03:40:20 PM »
Apparently some spectacular journalist asked him "Did anyone at Alabama contact you?"

Chizik's response (paraphrased): "I have a long list of people that have contacted us, it's possible they are in there."

About the best way to answer that moronic question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »
Maybe Token can speak to this, but I would have no trouble believing that the thermal imaging cameras had issues in this heat.  If Del Monte Peas was in an attic that was most likely 100+ degrees, then his body is most likely NOT registering a nice cool 98.6.  Could be very hard to tell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions