No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

Re: 3/31 Scrimmage
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 12:35:19 PM »
Based on what I've seen and heard, I think this may be a very surprising team.  It's only one week in, but Frazier seems to be catching on just fine, and throwing well.  That's a huge part of the puzzle.  I really don't think they're going to ask Frazier to win game, just not lose them.

The OL may not be dominant, but they'll be much better than last year, and the run game will be aided by the addition of real blocking TEs. 

If the defense improves to just middle of the pack, we win 9 or 10. 

I'm going to offer this too.  And it's just a surmise on my part.  I think Les, and the LSU program will still be in a tail spin after that BCSCG disaster, and I think many LSU folks will be on his ass hard if they stumble somewhere, because they will come out as the #1 in most polls.  They're going to be breaking in a new QB in a haphazard, grab bag offense.    I can see the real possibility of a major implosion.  If they don't, it will be a masterful coaching job by Miles IMHO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 12:37:12 PM »
Based on what I've seen and heard, I think this may be a very surprising team.  It's only one week in, but Frazier seems to be catching on just fine, and throwing well.  That's a huge part of the puzzle.  I really don't think they're going to ask Frazier to win game, just not lose them.

The OL may not be dominant, but they'll be much better than last year, and the run game will be aided by the addition of real blocking TEs. 

If the defense improves to just middle of the pack, we win 9 or 10. 

I'm going to offer this too.  And it's just a surmise on my part.  I think Les, and the LSU program will still be in a tail spin after that BCSCG disaster, and I think many LSU folks will be on his ass hard if they stumble somewhere, because they will come out as the #1 in most polls.  They're going to be breaking in a new QB in a haphazard, grab bag offense.    I can see the real possibility of a major implosion.  If they don't, it will be a masterful coaching job by Miles IMHO.

This is all pretty spot-on in my opinion.  But there is a hell of a lot of improvement needed on the defensive side to bring it up to "middle of the pack".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 12:42:53 PM »
This is all pretty spot-on in my opinion.  But there is a hell of a lot of improvement needed on the defensive side to bring it up to "middle of the pack".

I think BVG brings the attitude needed, plus we have a lot of returning experience, albeit experienced in getting shredded, but experience non the less.   They're going to be much more aggressive.  There are trade offs in everything.  We were not aggressive the last 3 years, and gave up shit loads of time consuming drives.  This defense will be more attacking, and make more plays, but will likely give up a big play from time to time too.  I still think we're going to be much better.  But, we'll have to see I guess, I just have a good feeling about it all the way around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
Fuck you bitches. 

We'll be 13-0 going into the NC.

Unless we aren't.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 12:49:25 PM »
There is a lot of optimism in this thread and I don't like it, I thought the sky was falling.

But there is a hell of a lot of improvement needed on the defensive side to bring it up to "middle of the pack".
:ripted:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
That I have no idea but I hope not. Dude seems to be a beast.
Certainly hope you're right.

http://mobile.al.com/advbirm/pm_108575/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Ml5TigVY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »

Damn, I didn't see that coming but shouldn't be surprised. After his leg injury, he just kind of disappeared. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 01:45:35 PM »

He gave up football long ago, now he just won't be taking up space and oxygen on the practice field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2012, 02:56:15 PM »
He gave up football long ago, now he just won't be taking up space and oxygen on the practice field.

This guy said it all folks. 100% correct
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE