Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Maybe Yeldon's an Idiot

Maybe Yeldon's an Idiot
« on: January 20, 2012, 07:11:28 PM »
MONTGOMERY -- T.J. Yeldon doesn't talk much. Like those old E.F. Hutton ads, when he talks, people listen.
The Daphne running back talked Wednesday after being named Mr. Football -- perhaps the last time he'll speak for the next year or so, considering Nick Saban's media blackout for Alabama freshmen -- and shed light on why he switched his commitment from Auburn to the Crimson Tide.

The story of Yeldon's recruitment has been cussed and discussed for weeks. He committed to Auburn last summer as the Tigers enjoyed their national championship afterglow, but Alabama never gave up on landing him. Yeldon reaffirmed his commitment to Auburn several times, only to switch to Alabama last month and enroll last week.

As reporters surrounded Yeldon after his Mr. Football win, the conversation quickly turned to a simple question: What caused the change of heart?

"The past two or three years, they've had running backs qualify for the Heisman Trophy," he said. "I mean, Auburn hasn't."

For such a quiet guy, his reasoning sends a strong message: Nothing that happened more than five years ago matters to today's blue-chippers. Bo Jackson might have well played in a leather helmet.

Mark Ingram's Heisman Trophy win in 2009 and Trent Richardson's run as a Heisman finalist in 2011 apparently swayed Yeldon more than anything else.

Auburn produced future NFL running backs Joe Cribbs, James Brooks, William Andrews, Brent Fullwood, Ben Tate, Stephen Davis and Jackson, the 1985 Heisman winner. Alabama counters with Bobby Humphrey, Johnny Musso and Shaun Alexander, but those names don't resonate with today's high school stars. Uuhhh, Carnell?  Ronnie Brown?  How about Michael Dyer's recent success?

Ingram and Richardson matter because they've excelled while today's high school seniors have been watching. Yeldon has met them, talked to them, compared himself to them.

Blame YouTube, but no recruiting pitch could replace what Yeldon saw Bama's running backs do every Saturday. What running back wouldn't want to be a Heisman candidate?

"I just had to go to the place that was best for me," Yeldon said. "I felt great at Alabama. I love it up there. I've enrolled in classes. It's pretty fun." Remedial XBox Class

Fans questioned the timing of Yeldon's switch, assuming it was meant to cripple Auburn's recruiting because it happened at the beginning of an NCAA-mandated dead period. That sparked an angry, hateful response on social media.

"There was like a lot of hate stuff going on, but I wasn't tripping," Yeldon said.

Has it changed now that he's enrolled?

"I get a lot of 'Roll Tide,'" he said.

If Yeldon follows in the cleatprints of Ingram and Richardson and makes another run at the Heisman, people will listen to Yeldon more than ever.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/chance_at_heisman_lured_yeldon.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Maybe Yeldon's an Idiot
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »
Seriously.....fuck him.  Hard. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:58:39 PM »
Hope he breaks his big toe. Fuck him...fuckin dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 01:22:58 AM »
Not a big fan of Yeldon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:28:57 PM »
Not a big fan of Yeldon.

I'm  a big fan of your avatar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »

And at the end of the day, isn't that what really matters?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 02:01:43 PM »

Yeah, I 'm curious as to what she is doing with her left hand. Looks fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 02:06:53 PM »
Yeah, I 'm curious as to what she is doing with her left hand. Looks fun.

Id like to be doing whatever it is with my left hand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 02:17:40 PM »
Id like to be doing whatever it is with my left hand.

I'm doing something with my right hand now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 02:38:59 PM »
Google Amanda Cerny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »
Google Amanda Cerny.

I have...several times in the past.  One of my favorite nekkid women on earth. She's a Nole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions