Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's funny to me...

JR4AU

Re: What's funny to me...
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2011, 02:02:46 PM »
I say let's see what happens this weekend and then have the same discussion.  Ole Mrs. is a team we should...should beat, regardless of who is back there.  Not saying we hang 50 on them or even win by 3 or more scores..  But, all things being equal, we should be able to handle this bunch by games end.  Prediction wise....10-14 point win.  They won't be facing anything close to LSU or even Sakerlina's D for that matter.  This weekend should tell us if our line has the ability to give the QB some time.  And if they do...does Moseley look solid or does he still go full on tard?

I think we'll have a much different take on Mosley after Old Piss.  Not saying he's going to light up the scoreboard, but, I think he shows signs of being able to make a decision, and the OL should be able to protect better this Sat. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2011, 02:35:19 PM »
I think we'll have a much different take on Mosley after Old Piss.  Not saying he's going to light up the scoreboard, but, I think he shows signs of being able to make a decision, and the OL should be able to protect better this Sat.

Agreed.  If he gets some tutoring this week....

To Moseley's credit, he's been thrown in the fire.  Insert him in the game against Florida in a wild ass SEC atmosphere then toss him to the lions against the #1 team in Baton Rude.  If anything, jitters shouldn't be a problem and hopefully, the game will...as they say...slow down a little for him.  Not taking Old Pisser lightly because Auburn ain't exactly a juggernaut.  But, they should be able to run their stuff and see what happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2011, 02:44:31 PM »
Agreed.  If he gets some tutoring this week....

I see what you did there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
In retrospect I'm not sure I would have pulled him now.  Moseley isn't any better.  Might be worse.  Through the first half of the Clemson game, Trotter looked like he was going to at least be adequate and/or average. I wish I knew what happened to him after the 21st point against the Paws. 

Don't agree with your assumption of Mosley (YET) IMO the jury is still out.  You cannot rate Moseley on his performance based of off that one game.  The game I watched, I saw him make decent decisions when he had time to throw.  Also at least he made decisions.  Trotter looks like he has a case of the trots. 

While I tend to put the blame more on the offensive line, people also seem to be forgetting who we played.  I am sorry but it needs to be said.  That is a better football team then us.  They have more depth and experience.  I got caught up in the fact that I thought we might have a chance, but in reality did anyone really expect to win that game?  Bottom line we are 2-2 through the roughest stretch of the schedule.  The way this season started I didn't know if we would win any of those 4 games.  I said I would be happy with 1-3 and  would be ecstatic with 2-2 and I while I am not quite ecstatic.  I think that based on what we are dealing with we are pretty much right where I expected we would be, minus a couple nail biters.

Listen, excuses are excuses...but when you add them all up they do = actual problems.  Young Team + Lack of Depth + Injuries + Good Team + 45 points = Loss
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2011, 11:25:24 PM »
Just watched the whole entire thing all over again. 

The sprawling criticism of the offensive line is over the top.  it's not completely warranted.  The OL didn't lose that game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2011, 06:53:03 AM »

The sprawling criticism of the offensive line is over the top.  it's not completely warranted.  The OL didn't lose that game.

You are correct.

Auburn lost that game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2011, 08:44:41 AM »

It's just like the QB position.  It's a problem, not the sole problem.

Starters include at Tackles 1 Sr. JC Transfer that was an OK starter last year, 1 Sr. That was nearly a bust for his first three seasons at Auburn, and was out from game three on last year.  At Guards 1 Jr. that was a 3 star recruit that's battled his weight, and 1 Fr.  Center, a Fr.  Compare that to 4 Srs last season that came in with over a 100 combined starts, and the OK JC transfer. 

Now factor the mediocre to poor play at QB.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »
It's just like the QB position.  It's a problem, not the sole problem.

Starters include at Tackles 1 Sr. JC Transfer that was an OK starter last year, 1 Sr. That was nearly a bust for his first three seasons at Auburn, and was out from game three on last year.  At Guards 1 Jr. that was a 3 star recruit that's battled his weight, and 1 Fr.  Center, a Fr.  Compare that to 4 Srs last season that came in with over a 100 combined starts, and the OK JC transfer. 

Now factor the mediocre to poor play at QB.   

The whole middle paragraph is meaningless.  I'm not talking about expectations or stars or on paper or experience.  I'm talking performance. From what I read here I expected them to all either leap backward or fall prone on every snap. 

It was not that bad.  It was at least adequate.  Mosley was awful.  Played like a chickenshit too often.  Duck and cover. Frazier -- if he could throw AT ALL -- would give us the best chance to move the ball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2011, 10:15:49 AM »
Agreed on Frazier. Just being an average thrower would make this offense better simply because of the very real threat of his ability to run.  And he do have better escapability than Moseley or Trahta.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »
Agreed on Frazier. Just being an average thrower would make this offense better simply because of the very real threat of his ability to run.  And he do have better escapability than Moseley or Trahta.

I saw Clint crumple like a paper tent several times when a rushing defender was still a good three yards away.  Cover the ball and drop into the fetal position.  He played scared IMO. 

I wish I could say I like the kid, but I don't. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51:44 AM »
I saw Clint crumple like a paper tent several times when a rushing defender was still a good three yards away.  Cover the ball and drop into the fetal position.  He played scared IMO. 

Unfortunately, I'm the same way.  Even if he holds his own and looks decent the rest of the way, neither he or Trahta are the future for this team IMO.  Ideally, I'd like to see Frazier progress and get more and more reps as the season winds down and then be ready to take over next season and/or battle it out with Zeke.  If half the hype is true on Pike, he's got to be a more viable option than Fro Throw and Measley. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2011, 01:35:21 PM »

Even if the OL said themselves they were a big mess last Saturday?

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/10/26/1793002/auburn-offensive-linemen-blame.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2011, 01:38:31 PM »

That's easy for you to say from the recliner. You didn't have LSU's front 7 in your grill all night. If he had tried to make something happen and fumbled/thrown a pick 6, you would be bitching about how he should have taken the sack. Everything is woulda coulda, backseat driving for fans. And don't forget the kid was making his first start against the #1 team in the country in Baton Rouge. What exactly were you expecting of him? Me thinks some people got spoiled by Mr. Newton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2011, 01:45:19 PM »
The whole middle paragraph is meaningless.  I'm not talking about expectations or stars or on paper or experience.  I'm talking performance. From what I read here I expected them to all either leap backward or fall prone on every snap. 

It was not that bad.  It was at least adequate.  Mosley was awful.  Played like a chickenshit too often.  Duck and cover. Frazier -- if he could throw AT ALL -- would give us the best chance to move the ball.

Are they absolutely horrid?  No, but against that LSU front, they got owned.  Did they get owed every single play?  No.  Did they fall on the ground at the snap?  No, but they're just not a good unit, and that showed vs a great defense.  Against Ole Miss?  They, and by extension Mosley, will probably look much better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »
That's easy for you to say from the recliner. You didn't have LSU's front 7 in your grill all night. If he had tried to make something happen and fumbled/thrown a pick 6, you would be bitching about how he should have taken the sack. Everything is woulda coulda, backseat driving for fans. And don't forget the kid was making his first start against the #1 team in the country in Baton Rouge. What exactly were you expecting of him? Me thinks some people got spoiled by Mr. Newton.

I don't have a recliner. 

And you won't ever hear me say somebody should take a sack, especially when the person in question turns his back to the line and dives backward so early that he never even gets touched. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »
I'd like to see Frazier progress and get more and more reps as the season winds down

The second request is definitely happening, Mr. Oblivious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2011, 02:15:42 PM »

The second request is definitely happening, Mr. Oblivious.

Oh yeah, well....you just shut up then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2011, 10:32:40 PM »
Me thinks some people got spoiled by Mr. Newton.
Cam took over games which is why I say Gus got out of the way and let him play. Six new QBs in 6 years for Gus. He's never used a 2 QB system but he has admitted that his handling of the QBs this season has disrupted their rythym. 

The NH offense that Cam ran was geared for his style of play with more run option. (ISO and draws) This style would seem to suit Frazier better. IMO, Chris Todd could not run this (geared for Cam) offense effectively, especially with this offensive line. And I think Mosley and the entire team would benefit more from the style and play selection similar to that of Todd's SR. year.

There is a stark difference in the style of offensive play then and now. Maybe it's how the plays were packaged, but it's different and it shows in the lack of offensive production.
I think it hurts a QBs confidence to keep shuttling him in and out with another. The line play has been very inconsistent but I think our overall play would improve with one QB, or at least several series of one QB without a change...no tutor required.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2011, 11:47:21 PM »
I would like to see the shuffling more to a series rather than downs. Throw Frazier in for a series or two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2011, 01:59:30 AM »
I would like to see the shuffling more to a series rather than downs. Throw Frazier in for a series or two.
Same here. We only have so many possessions. Forget the extra sprinting on and off the field. Give them the reins and let's have some continuity. It can only improve the overall play of the offense.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions