Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official Bag Man Thread

JR4AU

Re: Official Bag Man Thread
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2011, 07:31:43 AM »
You called it.

Twitter is abuzz that Danny's about to tell the NCAA everything he knows!!!

Nevermind that he claims that what he knows came from the NCAA...  :facepalm:

Also this quote from Danny when asked why he went on Finebaum in some radio interview:
"What can I say, I'm a prostitute for publicity"

Yeah, I'd like to see the national reaction if the roles were reversed. 

Sheridan: I know the name of the guy that arraigned the fee suits for Julio, and so does the NCAA, but I'm not telling.  My source is within the NCAA.

Emmert: "If he has that info, I'd like to talk to him"   *snicker*

Bammers: "that filthy bastard aint got shit, and needs to be shot"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »

BAG MAN
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2011, 06:09:06 PM »
Emmert: "If he has that info, I'd like to talk to him"   *snicker*
Finebaum clarified that Emmert was *snicker* ing at Jack Arute "like 'Nice try, Bub'". Since Arute rudely interrupted him.

Tim Brando agrees, and because Emmert didn't mention oddsmaker and didn't "fall into the trap" of Arute's shoddy attempt at injecting opinion into his question, this means he knows Danny is "holding the trump card." Also, he is next to 100% positive that Danny Sheridan knows what he's talking about and doesn't understand why anyone would have a problem with him not revealing his sources.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2011, 06:28:55 PM »
Finebaum clarified that Emmert was *snicker* ing at Jack Arute "like 'Nice try, Bub'". Since Arute rudely interrupted him.

Tim Brando agrees, and because Emmert didn't mention oddsmaker and didn't "fall into the trap" of Arute's shoddy attempt at injecting opinion into his question, this means he knows Danny is "holding the trump card." Also, he is next to 100% positive that Danny Sheridan knows what he's talking about and doesn't understand why anyone would have a problem with him not revealing his sources.
I love it when anyone wants to talk about TTown Hussein "Tom" Betar and his relationship with a handful of uat players, finebaum will literally scream at them, ask if they have anything else to add, then hang up on them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2011, 09:27:24 PM »

Today was a shitload more of Finebaum conjuring up "facts" from what Emmert didn't say, or the way he said what he did say.

What I heard Emmert's answer to be was "If Danny knows who the bagman is, we'd like to know too."  But OH HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!  That's not what he really meant.  It was a secret code for all Fbombers and their secret decoder rings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2011, 10:28:39 PM »
Today was a shitload more of Finebaum conjuring up "facts" from what Emmert didn't say, or the way he said what he did say.

What I heard Emmert's answer to be was "If Danny knows who the bagman is, we'd like to know too."  But OH HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!  That's not what he really meant.  It was a secret code for all Fbombers and their secret decoder rings.
You weren't listening right. It's so obvious that when Emmert said "If he has that information, I would welcome his phone call", he meant " He does have that information and we've already had numerous phone conversations, since this whole thing was about what his source in my organization, the NCAA, told him."

Come on, think logically.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »

D-R-I-N-K  M-O-R-E  O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »
Another NCAA official laughs at the bammers. This from Dana Thomas, the official NCAA communications director.

http://twitter.com/#!/NCAADana

NCAADana Dana T
Convenient, right? RT @mixonau: Finebaum failed to RT the part where Emmert says it's only open to new info and not active.

NCAADana Dana T
@gr82bAnAUTiger Not quite "slander" & really, media role is to entertain & inform. Sometimes the "entertain" part wins out.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:33:21 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2011, 01:35:05 PM »
I don't twatter.  Is that the NCAA rep responding to other twatters?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2011, 01:40:26 PM »
D-R-I-N-K  M-O-R-E  O-V-A-L-T-I-N-E

A crummy commercial?  Son of a bitch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2011, 05:19:31 PM »
I don't twatter.
The wife took away the twat too?  (Hey, what wife doesn't, amiright?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »
The wife took away the twat too?  (Hey, what wife doesn't, amiright?)

Exploding fist bump
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2011, 11:23:37 PM »
Exploding fist bump
ok - but no jazz fingers (save that for awk)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »
http://mobile.al.com/advbirm/pm_31142/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=GCal1MB

So the NCAA is going to ask Sheridan what he knows about what he was told by them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2011, 08:20:27 AM »
http://mobile.al.com/advbirm/pm_31142/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=GCal1MB

So the NCAA is going to ask Sheridan what he knows about what he was told by them?

Your link sucks.  Just like his info.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2011, 08:43:25 AM »
Your link sucks.  Just like his info.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/ncaa_to_speak_to_danny_sherida.html

NCAA to speak to Danny Sheridan about Cam Newton 'bag man' report

MOBILE, Alabama -- Mobile's Danny Sheridan has been contacted by the NCAA concerning information about the recruitment of former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton and expects to talk to a representative from the organization's investigation staff this week.

Sheridan was contacted through his attorney, Vince Kilborn, who said, "I can confirm that an NCAA representative called me Monday and asked to speak to my client about the whole Cam Newton matter."

Sheridan made waves on Paul Finebaum's radio show recently when he said that an NCAA source told him there was a known "bag man" who helped recruit Newton to Auburn.

"I let them know that if they wished to talk to me, I will talk to them on or off the record about subjects of mutual interest," Sheridan said of the NCAA. "I have no idea if the allegations against Auburn are true. I only know that what I reported was exactly what I was told."

Newton's father, Cecil Newton, has admitted trying to get money from Mississippi State in exchange for his son signing with the Bulldogs. The NCAA has never implicated or even confirmed that Auburn was a party in its investigation into Newton's recruitment.

But the NCAA continues to give signs that the Newton case has not been closed.

"We don't talk about investigations, but when they're closed, they're closed," NCAA president Mark Emmert said on the Dan Patrick Show radio show this week. "They will continue to look at anything they have available in any of these situations until they've reached a conclusion that there's nothing to discover in any of these cases."

Patrick responded by saying, "I can assume then, since I haven't heard that it's closed, that it's ongoing."

Emmert, who earlier in the interview talked about the ongoing scandal at Miami, laughed: "You can make assumptions. That's fine."

Sheridan, who is a football analyst and sets the betting odds for USA Today, said he has no desire to get any program in hot water.

"I don't want to see either Auburn or Alabama on probation," Sheridan said. "That's the last thing I want to see for one of the programs that brings in hundreds of millions of dollars to our state."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2011, 08:50:04 AM »
"I have no idea if the allegations against Auburn are true. I only know that what I reported was exactly what I was told."

Told by the NCAA, right Danny?

We can all laugh our collective asses off over this, but you'd all better believe the headlines across the country will be "Auburn within days of going on NCAA probation."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2011, 09:21:17 AM »
What he reported was exactly what he was told?

What exactly did this fuck "report"?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2011, 09:28:32 AM »
What he reported was exactly what he was told?

What exactly did this fuck "report"?

He's reported that he has been reported to.  Duh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2011, 09:48:29 AM »
Soooo...the NCAA wants to interview Danny Sheridan about what the NCAA told Danny Sheridan? 

"Okay so, what was that we said again?  Oh oh oh yeah, that's right.....uumm, spell that."

Would it be more likely that the NCAA is a bit curious to know why Danny Sheridan is going on national airwaves to announce that someone in the NCAA is leaking information to him.....and they just might want to know who that is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions