Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ncaa violations for Alabama?????

Re: Ncaa violations for Alabama?????
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
Forget Brooks.

He's turning into As the Plains Burn:

In case you're just checking in, here is the Suitgate story -- as broken by OKTC -- in chronological order:

Our initial report on the player jerseys in the window at T-Town Menswear.

Troubling connections between the store owner and Alabama program grow as Alabama announces it sent a cease and desist letter.

Trent Richardson signing jerseys inside the store.

Owner of T-Town Menswear had sideline passes for Bama games, may be a booster.

Alabama acknowledges that current player autographs were being sold by T-Town Menswear owner.

Julio Jones: Man of Many Suits
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2011, 12:46:20 PM »

More creepy pictures of him & Julio.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2011, 12:51:40 PM »

More creepy pictures of him & Julio.

What the fickity fuck? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »
Why is Julio always shirtless in these pictures?  Creepy...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2011, 01:02:46 PM »
Creepy is the word here.  This guy looks like he's trying to be one of the boyz and hanging with all these young college kids.....making sure tons of pics are taken and posting them all over teh bookfaces so everyone will see how "in" and cool he is.  Yeah, I think it's pretty cool to meet some of the players but I can't see either of us having a desire to hang out.  (Stalking them in the shower is an entirely different issue, though)

Hey Dyer....umm wanna go to Red Lobster and hang out?

Damn, old dude.  I don't play that way.

No really.  I just want to hang out with you...have dinner...you know?

Get the fuck away from me.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2011, 01:21:55 PM »
I'm ready for the #6 Dance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2011, 01:41:29 PM »
The Clay Travis post for today was expanded. Better now.

Why Is Trent Richardson Out To Dinner with Tom Albetar?

Published on: July 26, 2011 | Written by: Clay Travis
26Share

As the story surrounding T-Town Menswear continues to grow -- USA Today had it on the front page of today's newspaper -- and the Birmingham News sent two reporters to the store yesterday, including lead columnist Kevin Scarbinsky who noted what appears to be Trent Richardson's BCS game jersey on the wall, Alabama continues to remain silent. It has now been four days since OKTC requested comment on what Tom Albetar's official status with the program is. The longer this silence drags on the more likely it seems that the university has determined Albetar, a man who received multiple sideline passes, is a booster, raising the stakes that much higher in this growing story. If Albetar is a booster who sold autographed items from current players, how can Alabama claim that it didn't know and shouldn't haven known about the activities?

Especially when OKTC is about to blow this story up even more, why is Trent Richardson out for a hibachi dinner with Tom Albetar, the man Alabama has confirmed has been selling autographed Alabama gear featuring Richardson? What's more, who do you think picked up the check the store owner or the student-athlete?

Does Alabama know about this photo? Can they prove that Richardson paid for his part of the meal? And if Richardson did pay for this meal in January of 2010, isn't it just as damning? Since it would mean by the time he showed up in Albetar's store to sign autographs in September of 2010, he knew Albetar well enough to know that the jerseys were being sold.

Basically, if you're willing to hang out in his shop on many, many days, sign many autographs while being photographed doing so, and go out to dinner with the owner either at his expense or yours, how can Alabama reasonably claim that Richardson didn't know his jerseys and other apparel were being sold? Put simply, Alabama can't.

Furthermore, in light of Kevin Scarbinsky's report do we really believe that Richardson gave up his BCS title game jersey to a stranger and allowed him to hang it on the wall while receiving absolutely nothing in return?

Doesn't that boggle the mind too?

Other aspects of this story don't make sense either. Why, for instance, did Alabama's cease and desist letter from December 22 not specify a particular location? And why did that letter not reference, in particular, the jerseys in the windows of T-Town's Menswear? By allowing those jerseys to remain in the windows for months, there is a strong argument that the players and the unversity countenanced their display, meaning the players would need to be ruled ineligible.

In its initial response to OKTC Alabama made it seem the cease and desist letter had been sent specifically to the store, but that's not the case. What's more, is it a coincidence that the date on the letter is the same day that news broke about the Ohio State tattoo parlor? Did Alabama print off a bunch of cease and desist letters for local businesses in a quick attempt to cover its ass?

Based on the photographic evidence we've presented in multiple stories on this site we're talking about over a hundred Alabama football players making hundreds of visits to a local business. While there those players signed jerseys, helmets, footballs, gloves and other football paraphernalia on multiple occasions. According to Alabama much of that paraphernalia then made its way to a kiosk in the same mall where current Crimson Tide player autographed material was sold.

Is Alabama really going to argue that the players didn't know? If you signed an object in a mall one day and then saw it for sale in that same mall kiosk stand the next day and then continued to sign objects, wouldn't you lose all ability to claim lack of knowledge?

Especially when we now have evidence that Richardson knew Albetar well enough to go to dinner with him and give him his BCS title game jersey for display?

This story is only deepening, and the silence from both Alabama and Albetar speaks volumes.

What's more if you think this site has been covering this story aggressively, wait until the national media feeding frenzy commences.

In case you're just checking in, here is the Suitgate story -- as broken by OKTC -- in chronological order:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2011, 01:55:18 PM »
I think Mr. Travis doesn't take too kindly to death threats.  Looks like he's gonna' be a bulldog on this one.  Some pretty bold statements in there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2011, 02:04:13 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:31 PM »

Not nearly as creepy as this picture...

Holy fuck he is ugly...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »
And today's edition of Paul Finebaum leads with a producer covering for Paul (who's off doing an interview) by replaying the Mike Leach interview from last week.

Wow. Deflector shields at maximum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »
And today's edition of Paul Finebaum leads with a producer covering for Paul (who's off doing an interview) by replaying the Mike Leach interview from last week.

Wow. Deflector shields at maximum.

Egg Zachary.  I'm waitng til after break to see if he's grown a set.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2011, 03:34:20 PM »
Egg Zachary.  I'm waitng til after break to see if he's grown a set.

Nope. Apparently there's Cecil Newton news (yeah right) but nothing other than a nod that callers might want to comment on the "situation" in Tuscaloosa. I doubt they let anyone through who isn't toting the crimson wave water.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »
Paul Finebaum insinuates that Kevin Scarbinsky is just an Auburn fan with a pen and paper.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:54:29 PM by J. Newcastle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2011, 03:45:32 PM »
Paul Finebaum insinuates that Kevin Scarbinsky is just an Auburn fan with a pen and paper.

Turning this off now before blood pressure hits critical level.

Yep.  First caller says Scarbinski has already put more effort into this than the whole Cam Newton situation.  Finebong says if you're investigating something, you don't show up at the store and ask to speak to the owner.  WHAT?????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »
Yep.  First caller says Scarbinski has already put more effort into this than the whole Cam Newton situation.  Finebong says if you're investigating something, you don't show up at the store and ask to speak to the owner.  WHAT?????

Yep, screw fact finding.  Let's just make shit up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »

He's right.  Why would you actually ask questions of people involved with the allegations?

Silly rabbit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »
He's right.  Why would you actually ask questions of people involved with the allegations?

Silly rabbit.

What was Scarbs thinking?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »
Now he has the I Hate Auburn t shirt forklifter on.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions