Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gregg Doyel (of CBS Sports) Calls Bullshit

Aubie16

Gregg Doyel (of CBS Sports) Calls Bullshit
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:13:25 PM »
The only guy that defended us and was a voice of reason during the initial Cam stuff has had a few interesting tweets today.

Oddsmaker/Bama grad Danny Sheridan went on radio today, said NCAA is closing in on Auburn. Um, how would HE know?

If a friggin' oddsmaker has sources inside the NCAA leaking him info, that's a bigger story than Cam Newton

In reference to Danny Sheridan
I'm thinking "liar liar pants on fire"

Someone sends the comment, "Also strange that Sheridan picks Day 1 of SEC Media Days to release this info" and he responds:
Feeding trolls
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Re: Gregg Doyel (of CBS Sports) Calls Bullshit
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:20:18 PM »
Exactly how did Sheridan "know"? 

And is this considered news?  Last I checked, news reporting requires quotes. 

Finebaum just unleashed a new wave of talking points in an attempt to further smear the Auburn program. 

Send black helicopters my way, but that entire interview with Sheridan was a sham.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »
99.99% of the "news" stories that have come out about Auburn since last October have been complete and utter bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 11:47:54 PM »
99.99% of the "news" stories that have come out about Auburn since last October have been complete and utter bullshit.

Unless it's positive news by our beat reporters.

And they've even smeared their names as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 12:05:35 AM »
We have beat reporters?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 12:15:07 AM »
We have beat reporters?

We should report when we beat it?

Fuck...is this a retroactive mandate?   Cuz I have like two and a half decades to try and re-create.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 02:04:28 AM »
The last time O'Danny Boy stated "my sources inside the NCAA told me..." was when Danny said that uat basically had nothing to worry about in regards to the Albert Means investigation.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
Something I think everybody should keep in mind is the NCAA doesn't have to find a smoking gun for them to nail a school to the wall. If they even begin to think there is something shady being covered up, this isn't a court of law. In their minds, they don't have to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. As long as they can get inside the ballpark, they're OK with that. That's why I find this "they're trying to get the bag man to come forward" stuff BS. If they've found a money trail, or found that Cecil received money, then:

1. They already know who the "bag man" is, and wouldn't need him to "come forward"

2. They already tied Cecil to receiving money. Game over. No "bag man" needed.

Bottom line is it's all bullshit. Typical conspiracy theory, though. Create a conspiracy, then create another hypothetical conspiracy that will have taken place to prevent the original conspiracy from happening if none of it works out.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:27:33 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
Something I think everybody should keep in mind is the NCAA doesn't have to find a smoking gun for them to nail a school to the wall. If they even begin to think there is something shady being covered up, this isn't a court of law. In their minds, they don't have to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt. As long as they can get inside the ballpark, they're OK with that. That's why I find this "they're trying to get the bag man to come forward" stuff BS. If they've found a money trail, or found that Cecil received money, then:

1. They already know who the "bag man" is, and wouldn't need him to "come forward"

2. They already tied Cecil to receiving money. Game over. No "bag man" needed.

Bottom line is it's all bullshit. Typical conspiracy theory, though. Create a conspiracy, then create another hypothetical conspiracy that will have taken place to prevent the original conspiracy from happening if none of it works out.

This is a misconception. 

The NCAA has never punished a school without conclusive proof of a rule being broken. 

Finding a money trail is the smoking gun.  Discovering that the second Cam Newton signed with Auburn, Cecil suddenly received $50,000 is a smoking gun. 

The problem right now is that Sheridan didn't say the NCAA has a smoking gun.  He started to.  But then he retracted. 

He said they're just tying up loose ends.  Finding the bagman to make it a slam dunk case. 

Then he said if they've found a money trail, they'll need a bagman.

Then he fell further and said, "The NCAA is alleging that a bagman may have played a role in getting money to Cecil Newton, but they're still looking for the money trail."

Then he might as well have thrown his hands up in the air and said, "I don't know," when he said, "50/50 shot Auburn gets into trouble."

Then he lost all credibility as a Vegas insider (not that anyone will actually catch this) when he said that Auburn should win 9 games or Chizik is a total failure, but Auburn will be the underdog is 7 of their 12 games this season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 09:52:47 AM »
This seems to be a nice place to put this.

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2011/7/20/2284846/ncaa-football-alabama-fans-allegedly-complicating-ncaa-investigation
The NCAA's ten-month investigation is further complicated by the continuing fount of allegations, many untrue, levied by Alabama fans in the state. These allegations have thrust ordinary citizens into the forefront of the rumor machine. One such individual, Thomas Buckelew, a tailor at Buckelew's Clothing for Men in Montgomery, Alabama, finds himself buffeted by allegations that he provided high-priced suits to Cam Newton at reduced costs. The very suits, you guessed it, that Newton wore at the Heisman ceremony. According to sources, Newton's suits, ties included, cost in excess of $4,000 each. NCAA investigator Jackie Thurnes was informed of this allegation, and the NCAA has spent time investigating its validity.  [My emphasis]

And this

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20110720/SPORTS0402/110720021/1179
Tom Buckelew, owner of Buckelew's Clothing For Men in Montgomery, on Wednesday said he hasn't spoken with the NCAA in regard to its investigation of Cam Newton.

Oh, and expect the bammers out in full force for Chiziks appearance in Hoover. They have a "plan", one that consist of heckling our coach and players as the enter for their portion of Media Days. Wow, what a bunch of butt hurt bammers.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:54:07 AM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 10:33:14 AM »
This is a misconception. 

The NCAA has never punished a school without conclusive proof of a rule being broken.

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:00:37 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »
This is a misconception. 

It seems like this hasn't been the case all the time before, but I couldn't exactly point out one instance to you. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I think everything he spouted was 100% bullshit. It would be nice, however, if the NCAA would come out and say "Look, it's done. Stop with the bullshit." I'm so fucking tired of hearing all of the rumors and cloak and dagger stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 11:30:55 AM »
It seems like this hasn't been the case all the time before, but I couldn't exactly point out one instance to you. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I think everything he spouted was 100% bullshit. It would be nice, however, if the NCAA would come out and say "Look, it's done. Stop with the bullshit." I'm so fucking tired of hearing all of the rumors and cloak and dagger stuff.

Maybe in the distant past the NCAA set a few examples just for the hell of it.

But in recent history, lawyers are heavily involved.  Brooks just released an article that said Auburn spent $400k+ on lawyers this past year. 

The NCAA isn't going to cripple or harm a program unless they can handle the shitstorm that will ensue. 

I don't think Sheridan was full of shit.  I really don't think what he said had any substance.

His message yesterday boiled down to this:

"I've heard from someone close to the NCAA that Cam Newton is still being investigated, and if the NCAA can find a money trail and a booster, Auburn will be in serious trouble." 

Wowzers.  For all we know, his source was Miss Julie's response to Chizik's question in Destin.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:07:38 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 12:12:08 PM »

You thought it to be the case although you don't have one
example? I've never heard of it happening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 03:56:29 PM »
@greggdoyelcbs

in response to the tweet
@dennisdoddcbs: Danny Sheridan says 2 sources claim NCAA looking into Cam Newton, $180,000

Doyle said
Crimson and Tide
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 05:03:24 PM »
Tweet from Matt Hayes at the Sporting News (@Matt_HayesSN):

"Spent 40 minutes with Danny Sheridan explaining his 'bag man' story.  May as well spent that time with Tammy from @finebaum.  Column upcoming."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 05:05:39 PM »
You thought it to be the case although you don't have one
example? I've never heard of it happening.
It seems like I remember seeing a situation or two where I was like "Wow, they didn't really even have that much to go on" and handed down some sanctions. It was years ago, so THS may be right in what he's saying as far as how they operated in the past. I just can't for the life of me recall which team(s) it regarded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »
Tweet from Matt Hayes at the Sporting News (@Matt_HayesSN):

"Spent 40 minutes with Danny Sheridan explaining his 'bag man' story.  May as well spent that time with Tammy from @finebaum.  Column upcoming."

:rofl:

Even Finebaum had to conjure up some deluded story about how the NCAA knew Sheridan was going on his show the day before Chizik's interview at SEC media days.  That the NCAA wanted to get the buzz going.  They needed Sheridan. 

This was an extension of Jim from Tuscaloosa's theory. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 08:57:02 PM »
Danny identified his sources as two guys that he knows....that knows someone inside the NCAA.  Unfuckingbelievable.  Hell, might as well have joe schad reporting this garbage with his sources, that he doesn't care where they come from or who they are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 10:31:09 PM »
It seems like I remember seeing a situation or two where I was like "Wow, they didn't really even have that much to go on" and handed down some sanctions. It was years ago, so THS may be right in what he's saying as far as how they operated in the past. I just can't for the life of me recall which team(s) it regarded.
The Don Fuell story is the only one I can think of. Ironically, the people behind the scenes pushing that wagon full of horse shit are the same ones pushing this one.

Your fanbase are nothing but low down, rotten, lying cocksuckers. Always have been - always will be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."