Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Updyke attacked

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Updyke attacked
« on: April 20, 2011, 04:44:16 PM »
Knocked the fuck out at a gas station in Opelika.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

JR4AU

Re: Updyke attacked
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »
Claims he stopped in Opelika to get a drink, and was hit over the head exiting his car.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 05:01:29 PM »
If he pulled over ANYWHERE in Lee County, he deserved what he got. I think he was looking for an ass whipping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 05:03:10 PM »
Staged. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »
Staged.

Yep.  Since it was at a gas station/convenience store there ought to be plenty of video of the alleged beating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »
Agree wholeheartedly with the last 3 callers.  Staged.  His own attorney said he gets out of his car and "Blacked out".  Bull shiotzky
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 05:12:55 PM »
Agree wholeheartedly with the last 3 callers.  Staged.  His own attorney said he gets out of his car and "Blacked out".  Bull shiotzky

Yep, bullshit!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »

Yep.  Since it was at a gas station/convenience store there ought to be plenty of video of the alleged beating.

You fear for your life in Lee County so you leave the courthouse and go straight to a gas station.  Get out of the car and "Black out".  Go to the nearest ER while in the meantime, an anonymous caller calls a TV station in Montgomery to say Updick has been stabbed.  TV stations reporter just happens to be right there, walks in the ER as Updick is walking in. His attorney is on the phone, not with the police, not with the DA....but with Pawwwl Finebaum claiming his client was "assaulted". 

Naaaa....wasn't staged.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 05:20:04 PM »
According to an employee at Tiger Express (the gas station this allegedly took place at) "Don't know what happened..we haven't seen anything like he said.. what he said is not adding up."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 05:34:19 PM »
According to an employee at Tiger Express (the gas station this allegedly took place at) "Don't know what happened..we haven't seen anything like he said.. what he said is not adding up."
Very Interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 05:45:44 PM »
Very Interesting.
I agree...it's a change of venue attempt.  The video should be interesting.  Also, isn't a CAT Scan done if you've been admitted to the ER for being knocked out?  Which Hospital did he go to?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »

Hoping Robbie Treese can add this charge to Updyke's file.

Section 13A-11-11
Falsely reporting an incident.

(a) A person commits the crime of falsely reporting an incident if with knowledge that the information reported, conveyed, or circulated is false, he or she initiates or circulates a false report or warning of an alleged occurrence or impending occurrence of a fire, bomb, explosion, crime, catastrophe, or emergency or the alleged release or impending release of a hazardous or dangerous substance, including, but not limited to, chemical, biological, or bacteriological substance or any nerve agent under circumstances in which it is likely to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or transportation facility, or to cause public inconvenience or alarm.

(b) Falsely reporting an incident is a Class A misdemeanor except that falsely reporting an incident of a bomb or explosion or the alleged release or impending release of a hazardous or dangerous substance is a Class C felony. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, if the objective or target of the person listed in subsection (a) is to interfere with the attendance, operation, activities, or other business conducted at a public or private school, university, college, or other educational institution in this state, no part of a sentence imposed pursuant to subsection (a) or this subsection shall be probated, deferred, suspended, or withheld, and no person sentenced pursuant to subsection (a) or this subsection shall be eligible for early release, leave, work release, earned time, good time, or any other program administered by an agency of the executive or judicial branches of this state which would have the effect of reducing or mitigating the sentence until the defendant has completed the minimum sentence pursuant to subsection (a) or this subsection.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §5550; Act 2000-113, p. 166, §1; Act 2009-718, §21.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 06:02:27 PM »
How is it that Evan Woodberry is all over this "confirming" it? 

An employee of the store confirmed the story Woodberry says. 

No. She confirms that Bamadyke TOLD her he got ambushed.  Big, big difference. 

Fire Evan Woodberry. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
How is it that Evan Woodberry is all over this "confirming" it? 

An employee of the store confirmed the story Woodberry says. 

No. She confirms that Bamadyke TOLD her he got ambushed.  Big, big difference. 

Fire Evan Woodberry.
If only someone would write about this...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 06:08:38 PM »
SON OF A FUCKING BITCH THESE BAMMERS KEEP INFURIATING ME RRRAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 

Seriously.  I'm about ready to...to...I don't know what.  This is ridiculous.

Because I knew it was coming.  I knew it would get to this point when Finebaum, Brando, and the bammer cronies were on his show telling Auburn fans to "get over it."  That they were just trees.  That we'd move on, and it wasn't that important of a tradition anyway. 

I knew someone would attempt to drag Auburn fans down with them.  Make us look just as bad.  Make us be the worse Updykes. 

I can hear the quotes.  "Updyke damaged a couple of insignificant trees.  Auburn fans committed violence against a human being."

I wouldn't put it past them to blow up Denny Chimes and say an Auburn fan did it.  Just to spite us. 

And Evan Woodberry?  Needs to go.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
  Harvey Updyke treated in emergency room after alleged attack following court appearance over Toomer's Corner trees
Published: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 4:23 PM     Updated: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 4:51 PM
Charles Goldberg/Auburn Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times By Charles Goldberg/Auburn Bureau, The Birmingham News, Press-Register, and The Huntsville Times al.com

Harvey Updyke's attorney says his client was struck in the head at a gas station in Opelika a short time after leaving a courthouse where he waived his right to a preliminary hearing over the poisoning of the iconic oak trees at Toomer's Corner in Auburn.

Attorney Glennon Threatt told of the incident on the Paul Finebaum radio show.

An employee at the Tiger Express gas station in Opelika said Updyke said he was "jumped behind the store," but the employee didn't know any other details. The employee, who requested not to be identified, said she did not see any police cars or ambulances at the gas station.

Opelika police Capt. Allan Elkins said Updyke suffered a scratch to the forehead during the alleged assault at the Tiger Express, according to the Opelika-Auburn News.

Elkins said Updyke "has not really been too cooperative at this point."

Elkins told the newspaper that Updyke could not identify or describe assailants, and gas station did not have surveillance in parking lot.

Threatt said the incident happened like this:

"Somewhere right outside of Opelika Harvey stopped at a gas station to get a drink and some gas, and when he got out of his car, it went black," Threatt said. "He woke up on the ground. He had been hit in the head with something. He wandered into the gas station in pain, and they directed him to a local emergency room."

Updyke received treatment at the emergency room. He has since talked to the police.

Threatt said Updyke had received facial bruises and a split in his brow

"He's been released from the emergency room, and I'm not a doctor, but when they release you they think it's OK," Threatt said. "It doesn't sound like he required stitches. It doesn't sound like he's got permanent injuries, other than he may have a slight concussion."

The court said Updyke could leave Alabama and to be with his family in Louisiana while awaiting trial. Today's court story is here.

Auburn Bureau writer Evan Woodbery contributed to this story

Complete and utter bullshit...set up! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 06:13:49 PM »
Auburn Bureau writer Evan Woodbery contributed to this story

:facepalm:

Courtney Upshaw beats girlfriend.  Gets off scott free.  Girlfriend's dad heard screaming "Roll Tide!"

All is well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 06:18:22 PM »
I'm a bit disappointed in the fabricated fairy tale of Updyke's Attack.

Woudn't it have been better for him to say, "I vaguely remember the guy.  Yes.  It's coming clear now.  He was kind of short.  About 5'8 or 5'9.  Kind of thick.  Black guy.  Tough looking black guy.  He was wearing a hat with the #5 on it and a Little Rock Christian t-shirt.  Something like that.  Someone screamed "Fire!"  Or was it "Dryer?"  I can't remember.  But whoever screamed that pulled this guy away and that's when I really blacked out." 

Headline - Michael Dyer Arrested for Attempted Murder
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 06:21:23 PM »
Also I'm hearing that he was in the ER for a little less than an hour?  Is that true?

Because if you ask me, a head injury is kept for a while.  Just in case nausea or dizziness shows up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions