Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

That's it! I'm done!

That's it! I'm done!
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:19:52 AM »
I am turning in all my gear, passes, momentos, etc. I am finally going to bail on Auburn because the media keeps suggesting to me that Auburn has some sort of bad Karma surrounding it. Some say that the four thug players is exposing the true Auburn mentality, not like the saintly program on the west side of the state with its angelic players. The whole Cam Newton thing and now the recent arrests is just proof that Chizik is turning Auburn into the next version of 1980s Miami Hurricanes. I can't have anything to do with that, despite I made it strongly through the Eric Ramsey, Tater Tot, and Jetgate fiascos. Now is the time to quit being an AU person, while they are on top, because they are doomed to fall mightily now. I might come back once the start losing again or get put on probation for something. That is the AU that I deserve! How can I argue against the fishwrap scribes?

Go 'Dores!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: That's it! I'm done!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 02:07:49 AM »
Fuck that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 02:14:34 AM »
Karma looks like this:

We're hated because the dumbass media and the dumberass Bama fans consider us "usurpers" even though our history for the last three decades trumps theirs and all but a small handful of other teams. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 07:07:26 AM »
I have said it before and will say it again.  Auburn fans as a general rule cannot stand to not be liked.  Get used to it.  If you are on top you are not liked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 07:11:54 AM »
I have said it before and will say it again.  Auburn fans as a general rule cannot stand to not be liked.  Get used to it.  If you are on top you are not liked.
Yup...and you'll have inbred, hillbillies like Scott Moore, Jim & bammerperry being Thayer Evan's "secret sources" (that's the word on da skreet)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:51:16 AM »
Auburn into the next version of 1980s Miami Hurricanes.

I was personally hoping that we hopped off the jet in Glendale wearing orange and blue cammie pants, and that the Athletic Department had 2 Live Crew at the team hotel performing the night before the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 08:31:14 AM »
We're hated because the dumbass media and the dumberass Bama fans consider us "usurpers" even though our history for the last three decades trumps theirs and all but a small handful of other teams.

Exactly. For a fan base that likes to live in the past, they have pretty selective memory, especially concerning the past 30 years. What really gets me is that young fans that were not even alive when the Inbreds were winning most of the time, want to talk about how dominant they were. They are indoctrinated by the Harvey Updykes that the Tahd is and always will be the only successful program in the state. I thought Wife Beaters were bad when we had the win streak against them, but after this past season, I have never seen their fan base so pissed off. I think it was made even worse that we did it in the season after they did, stealing their thunder and not giving them the several years to gloat about their MNC like they normally like too. I have ran across the occasional decent UAT fan who thinks back to back MNCs is great for the state and both programs, but for the most part their fan base has their panties in a wad right now and they are looking for any dirt they can get on us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »

It's all about, me, me, me. Please, look at me! I am so pretty! Love me! Want me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 08:56:30 AM »
It's all about, me, me, me. Please, look at me! I am so pretty! Love me! Want me!

Next thing you know we're gonna be listening to Trance music, taking ecstacy and playing with Teletubbies. To hell with that, lets crack some bammer skullz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 09:45:26 AM »
I'm too old to change or quit. Screw'em!

I wear my orange and blue today like I did before. Like I always will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »
You guys just don't get it and you are not listening to all those nice unbiased sports writers who knows more than us. We are the little brother and always will be. We can't go around celebrating our MNC in public. We can't be going around showing up our "big brother". Besides, we can only win by cheating. We need to be taken down a notch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Homer Samford

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 03:26:06 PM »
You guys just don't get it and you are not listening to all those nice unbiased sports writers who knows more than us. We are the little brother and always will be. We can't go around celebrating our MNC in public. We can't be going around showing up our "big brother". Besides, we can only win by cheating. We need to be taken down a notch.

BAMMER! :haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 03:40:59 PM »
I am turning in all my gear, passes, momentos, etc. I am finally going to bail on Auburn because the media keeps suggesting to me that Auburn has some sort of bad Karma surrounding it. Some say that the four thug players is exposing the true Auburn mentality, not like the saintly program on the west side of the state with its angelic players. The whole Cam Newton thing and now the recent arrests is just proof that Chizik is turning Auburn into the next version of 1980s Miami Hurricanes. I can't have anything to do with that, despite I made it strongly through the Eric Ramsey, Tater Tot, and Jetgate fiascos. Now is the time to quit being an AU person, while they are on top, because they are doomed to fall mightily now. I might come back once the start losing again or get put on probation for something. That is the AU that I deserve! How can I argue against the fishwrap scribes?

Go 'Dores!

A few questions that pop into my head in regards to this post:

1. Why should anyone care about what teams you choose to support/abandon?
2. Why do you think that you deserve anything from Auburn?
3. Does anyone else feel like a "Good Riddance" is in order?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 03:45:51 PM »

Why did you fail to notice tongue placed firmly in cheek?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 03:46:15 PM »

I'm pretty sure this was tongue-in-cheek.

Settle down, Sani...I didn't say tongue in butt cheek.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 03:46:52 PM »

Damn you and your 50 wpm
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »

Get your own material
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 06:52:26 PM »

Go 'Dores!
I thought you were an "All In" member of the David K Ward School of Drill Pressery.

/I keed
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 01:42:44 AM »

Wow. You put me in my place.

Seriously, I don't know you and your probably don't know me as well as some of the others do, so they knew I was not serious. However, there were certain phrases I included to make sure everybody knew it was a sarcastic post aimed at this state's sports media.

However, in regards to #2, most of us on this board are either current students, alumni, season ticket holders, donors, or just fans that spend money on tickets and merchandise. While we give something to Auburn University in the various ways we support it, such as time, money, and energy, there is an expected return in that support. We expect the Auburn Creed to be upheld with those involved in all areas of the university, especially those in high profile positions. So, to say that Auburn would not owe me or any of us anything would be incorrect. I am and always will be proud to be an AU man, but as AU supporters we do have the right to expect integrity and fairness out of Auburn itself, so yes, I would say not only I, but all of us do deserve "anything" from Auburn.

I thought you were an "All In" member of the David K Ward School of Drill Pressery.

/I keed

Hey, you were Navy and he was a Marine if I remember correctly. Not suggesting any conclusions be drawn from that. Just sayin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 02:08:51 AM »
Hey, you were Navy and he was a Marine if I remember correctly. Not suggesting any conclusions be drawn from that. Just sayin'.

Your fingers wasted about 125 taps there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.