Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Eric Smith Dismissed

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Eric Smith Dismissed
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 09:37:01 AM »
Funny, I don't remember ever hearing about the first two DV arrests in the news.

I never heard of two others either.  I think one of them may be confused with the frat boy fight he was in 2 years ago.  Still no excuse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 09:40:15 AM »
Erk Smiff prolly got more chances than he deserved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 09:43:05 AM »
I don't know about 2 other DV arrests but his original sin was chasing down a dude in a nightclub and knockin' that bitch out.  Well publicized.
Yeah, you knock a guy out at a night club, you'll have that. Same thing when you snatch a white bitch down by her hair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:23 AM »
Yeah, you knock a guy out at a night club, you'll have that. Same thing when you snatch a white bitch down by her hair.

Sometimes she needs to be told twice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 09:47:03 AM »

Oh dear GOD. 

Not even in the same ballpark. 

Two guys fighting?  I don't have a problem with that. 

Choking and slamming a girl?  Yeah.  That's a problem. 

How were the two issues handled? 

Upshaw is a "fine young man" and her daddy said she probably deserved it. 

Smith was suspended.  And now out. 

Hmmm. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 09:47:40 AM »

I suspect you are probably right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 09:49:20 AM »
Whatever happened to that dude that was kicking out a police car window.  He never played again, did he?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »
Whatever happened to that dude that was kicking out a police car window.  He never played again, did he?

BOOM!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »

You have got to get another phone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2011, 09:57:59 AM »
Oh dear GOD. 

Hmmm.

Subtle differences.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2011, 10:00:51 AM »
Doesn't Eric Smith have a brother that plays for Alabama?  Obviously there are some genetic problems somewhere in the family.  I'm guessing a couple of extra Y chromosomes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

RWS

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »
Oh dear GOD. 

Hmmm.
I was more so saying "Our guys fuck up too" than actually comparing situations. It's not like our guys haven't had their share of run ins with the law. Like I've said before, is it really that big of a surprise that we want these guys to be violent on the field and play in a violent sport, and low and behold......they're violent people?

But, if you're going to compare, being arrested 3 times for domestic violence and once for assault makes a pattern. Getting the shit knocked out of you by your girlfriend for talking to some other woman and then giving back, while still inexcusable, is a little different and does not show a pattern. For that matter, your claim of a choke slam isn't even accurate either.

Of course, only you and a few others would point out how swiftly AU acted for booting Smith after being arrested 4 times, and how irresponsible Alabama is for keeping Upshaw for 1 arrest.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:12:28 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 10:18:55 AM »
I was more so saying "Our guys fuck up too" than actually comparing situations. It's not like our guys haven't had their share of run ins with the law. Like I've said before, is it really that big of a surprise that we want these guys to be violent on the field and play in a violent sport, and low and behold......they're violent people?

But, if you're going to compare, being arrested 3 times for domestic violence and once for assault makes a pattern. Getting the shit knocked out of you by your girlfriend for talking to some other woman and then giving back, while still inexcusable, is a little different and does not show a pattern. For that matter, your claim of a choke slam isn't even accurate either.

Of course, only you and a few others would point out how swiftly AU acted for booting Smith after being arrested 4 times, and how irresponsible Alabama is for keeping Upshaw for 1 arrest.
Jesus, man.

First it's 3, then it's 4.

AUBURN - Former Auburn running back Eric Smith was arrested for third degree domestic violence on Feb. 22, six days before the university confirmed he was dismissed from the team for a violation of team rules. This is one. The one that just happened. The one the article's about. Thus, you've heard about it.

Smith spent almost 12 hours at the Lee County Detention Center before being released on a $500 bond. The police report said Smith was sober and did not resist arrest. The university did not say when Smith was dismissed from the team. We're still talking about the same recent arrest. Still on the same page?

Smith was also arrested for third degree assault before the 2009 season for striking another university student. Smith received youthful offender status in that case. He was suspended for a game. This is two. The other one we definitely, definitely heard about.

Smith's role during Auburn's 2010 national championship run was primarily as a blocking back. He had one carry for zero yards for the season.

He rushed for 182 yards as a freshman and sophomore.

Where the fuck do you see three, let alone four arrests in there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 10:27:06 AM »
Jesus, man.

First it's 3, then it's 4.

Where the fuck do you see three, let alone four arrests in there?
I think I, and a few others, read it as "his third". Personally, I'm used to seeing "domestic violence third", so I think that is why I read it the way I did, so my mistake on that. If Upshaw gets arrested again, Kaos will have a point. But until then? 

If we wanted to get REALLY technical, he has been arrested 3 times. Once for disorderly the night of the club incident, a few days later arrested on the assault warrant that was sworn out, and now this arrest for DV 3rd. But relative to the article I was quoting, I was wrong and misread that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 10:58:08 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
Doesn't Eric Smith have a brother that plays for Alabama?  Obviously there are some genetic problems somewhere in the family.  I'm guessing a couple of extra Y chromosomes.

LB Petey Smith.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2011, 10:31:54 AM »
I think I, and a few others, read it as "his third". Personally, I'm used to seeing "domestic violence third", so I think that is why I read it the way I did, so my mistake on that. If Upshaw gets arrested again, Kaos will have a point. But until then?

First charge of domestic violence = Dismissed. 

Upshaw?  "Fine young man" 

Pffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt......................

Fucking Updyke. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2011, 10:56:01 AM »
First charge of domestic violence = Dismissed. 

Upshaw?  "Fine young man" 

Pffffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt......................

Fucking Updyke.
I am eagerly awaiting the details of Smith's recent domestic violence arrest. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Upshaw situation. For that matter, Smith was found guilty of assault from the club incident and took youthful offender. I'm not sure whatever happened to the disorderly conduct charges police arrested him for the night of the incident. The assault charge was a warrant sworn out by a magistrate at a later date, so that was a separate arrest. Upshaw's charges were dismissed. Just another case of the Alabama Machine at work though, I'm sure.

And obviously, this conversation relates to somebody poisoning the trees. Obviously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2011, 11:12:55 AM »
I am eagerly awaiting the details of Smith's recent domestic violence arrest. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the Upshaw situation. For that matter, Smith was found guilty of assault from the club incident and took youthful offender. I'm not sure whatever happened to the disorderly conduct charges police arrested him for the night of the incident. The assault charge was a warrant sworn out by a magistrate at a later date, so that was a separate arrest. Upshaw's charges were dismissed. Just another case of the Alabama Machine at work though, I'm sure.

And obviously, this conversation relates to somebody poisoning the trees. Obviously.

^^ Updyke ^^

Dismissed because that bitch deserved it.  Daddy said so. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2011, 12:25:28 PM »
One domestic charge dismissed or whatever.
Two  separate charges relating to violence makes you a deviant or deviant/athlete.
If you need an attorney twice in your college career you probably need to find a fucking job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2011, 12:36:16 PM »
Smiff slapped a bitch and The Chin slapped Smiff.  That's how it's done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions