Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cocks vs. Cock In The Mouths...

JR4AU

Re: Cocks vs. Cock In The Mouths...
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »
Dude. One game does not a pattern make.

Our last five games, we only gave up a total of 10 points in the fourth quarter.

Clearly "the formula" has worked thus far.  It's a formula that's ripe to blow up in our faces at some point too.  And yes, there's clearly a pattern with our pass defense and poor tackling too.  There's a pattern that's taking precedence right now, and that's our offense.   I just wish we didn't have to play cardiac kids every week.  It's not just one game.  We've won 3 games by a FG, and in each had a real chance to lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2010, 11:39:24 AM »
Clearly "the formula" has worked thus far.  It's a formula that's ripe to blow up in our faces at some point too.  And yes, there's clearly a pattern with our pass defense and poor tackling too.  There's a pattern that's taking precedence right now, and that's our offense.   I just wish we didn't have to play cardiac kids every week.  It's not just one game.  We've won 3 games by a FG, and in each had a real chance to lose.
And in none of those games did we have a 4 TD lead in the 4th quarter. Most of them, we were down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2010, 11:42:51 AM »
And in none of those games did we have a 4 TD lead in the 4th quarter. Most of them, we were down.

And in every game, the other team was well in the game...which was my point...and my point further was that we squandered a huge lead yesterday too.  That was my point, and I didn't make the shit up.  Look at it all through orange and blue glasses, suck the cock of whoever wrote that 'bend but don't break' blog in the War Eagle Reader...the defense is a liability we've overcome thus far, not a strength that just looks like a weakness.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2010, 12:31:40 PM »
I cannot tell you the countless times that Auburn has had an opportunity to make a statement and makes a poor showing instead. Sure we have Cam Newton. But Cam cannot inspire this defense to play above it's heads for sixty minutes. And my criticism is not out of hate.

Our corners have no idea where the ball is with their backs turned. And when they do turn to face the ball, they have already been beaten. But hold on...if that were the only issue, steps could be taken to at least marginalize the poor coverage. But when the total team tackling is attrocious, help has to come from the safeties, WHO NEED TO BE HELPING OUR CORNERS.

The team has a real challenge ahead  with Arky and Petrino's play calling ability. They have excellent receivers, no Randall Cobb, but a QB much more capable of exposing weaknesses and mismatches than Hartline, and vertically. They WILL play enough defense to keep their offense witin striking range.

If Auburn passes this test, a Ted Roof and Les Miles combination would be virtually unstoppable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »
I cannot tell you the countless times that Auburn has had an opportunity to make a statement and makes a poor showing instead. Sure we have Cam Newton. But Cam cannot inspire this defense to play above it's heads for sixty minutes. And my criticism is not out of hate.

Our corners have no idea where the ball is with their backs turned. And when they do turn to face the ball, they have already been beaten. But hold on...if that were the only issue, steps could be taken to at least marginalize the poor coverage. But when the total team tackling is attrocious, help has to come from the safeties, WHO NEED TO BE HELPING OUR CORNERS.

The team has a real challenge ahead  with Arky and Petrino's play calling ability. They have excellent receivers, no Randall Cobb, but a QB much more capable of exposing weaknesses and mismatches than Hartline, and vertically. They WILL play enough defense to keep their offense witin striking range.

If Auburn passes this test, a Ted Roof and Les Miles combination would be virtually unstoppable.

It's like you're in my head. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2010, 12:39:55 PM »

I was beginning to wonder if jmar was not just your alter ego, split personality. Amazing though, most of the time my split personalities never agree on anything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2010, 12:55:07 PM »

It was my opinion pre-season that taking Bates out of the secondary and moving him to LB was robbing Peter to pay Paul. So far, that looks to be the case. Rushing defense has improved over last season, but pass defense is 91st in the country. And more than likely won't get any better with Mallett coming up. I hope you guys beat the shit out of them though.

Fuck Arkansas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2010, 01:05:15 PM »
Would all of you "The Sky Is Falling, Eventhough We Still Won" be crying if Auburn had clobbered Kentucky?

I'll say this again, some people should go back and watch the game again, before they hit the Send button. 

Count how many times Nick Fairley was tackled while breaking through the OL (that should've been a holding call...every fuckin' time).  What happens if Fairley doesn't get held?  Kentucky Punts and a backup QB warms up on the sideline.  Also, how big where those late hit BULLSHIT calls against Fairley and Etheridge?  Kentucky scored on both of those drives...hell, they might've been all on the same 40 play drive, I'm not entirely sure.  Worst officiated game I've seen this year.

BTW, if y'all are complaining about the lack of tackling against Randell "mutha fuckin'" Cobb, ya need to get real...keep being bitches and you'll soon realize that you aren't able to enjoy any win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2010, 01:32:12 PM »
Would all of you "The Sky Is Falling, Eventhough We Still Won" be crying if Auburn had clobbered Kentucky?

I'll say this again, some people should go back and watch the game again, before they hit the Send button. 

Count how many times Nick Fairley was tackled while breaking through the OL (that should've been a holding call...every fuckin' time).  What happens if Fairley doesn't get held?  Kentucky Punts and a backup QB warms up on the sideline.  Also, how big where those late hit BULLSHIT calls against Fairley and Etheridge?  Kentucky scored on both of those drives...hell, they might've been all on the same 40 play drive, I'm not entirely sure.  Worst officiated game I've seen this year.

BTW, if y'all are complaining about the lack of tackling against Randell "mutha fuckin'" Cobb, ya need to get real...keep being bitches and you'll soon realize that you aren't able to enjoy any win.
Why is it that Alabama falls down early against a top 10 Arkansas team, comes back to win, and Alabama is the shittiest team ever; but AU totally blows a big halftime lead, avoids OT by kicking a winning field goal with :02 left, and they are the best team ever? I really don't get it. If a 2004 type situation comes up again, you guys might be wishing for some style points in some of these games that are really close. But I'm sure the pollsters will look at all the penalties that should have been called on the other guys, the bullshit calls against AU, and all of the "Prowler Variables" to the equation, right?You guys had to eek one out against the team next to last in the entire SEC (winless in conference play as well). And that's not concerning to you?

I am glad, however, that AU managed a win. That was one saving grace in my Crown picks, since Alabama totally fucked me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2010, 02:07:21 PM »
A dangerous thought my friend.

My criticism is out of frustration. Alabama will recover and they are not a concern for me now as a fan.We have 25 seniors on this team and have our best shot since 2004 to do this. Chizik is on track, we have Malzahn and a tremendous athlete in Cam. But the defense, Auburn's usual strongsuit, is as porous overall as I can recall in several decades. So far we have managed to survive these games without the benifit of many turnovers while making mistakes in key situations and I can only wonder how long it can last.
If we beat Arkansas next Saturday, I think there might be some devine intervention at work here. At that point, I shall only shrug at the glaring defenciencies knowing that it is something incomprehensible and unexplicable,  beyond human understanding or even supernatural at work here. An SEC schedule is supposed to eliminate teams with such weaknesses and so far we are defying the odds. NEXT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2010, 02:10:01 PM »
Why is it that Alabama falls down early against a top 10 Arkansas team, comes back to win, and Alabama is the shittiest team ever; but AU totally blows a big halftime lead, avoids OT by kicking a winning field goal with :02 left, and they are the best team ever?

Cuz bammer sucks donkey dicks regardless. 

Prowler sees everything through orange and blue glasses, and he's not only overly positive, he says others are saying "the sky is falling" if we're able to recognize any weakness on the Auburn football team.

Prowler, the answer is NO, had they not blown a huge lead, we wouldn't be talking about it, we're talking about it because they did, AND because many of us have recognized that at a potential problem all along, and clearly it is.   And fuck Cobb, you tackle his ass, they go down.  Did SC whine about Fast and Furious being too much to handle, or did they fucking handle their asses? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2010, 02:51:40 PM »
Cuz bammer sucks donkey dicks regardless. 

Prowler sees everything through orange and blue glasses, and he's not only overly positive, he says others are saying "the sky is falling" if we're able to recognize any weakness on the Auburn football team.

Prowler, the answer is NO, had they not blown a huge lead, we wouldn't be talking about it, we're talking about it because they did, AND because many of us have recognized that at a potential problem all along, and clearly it is.   And fuck Cobb, you tackle his ass, they go down.  Did SC whine about Fast and Furious being too much to handle, or did they fucking handle their asses?
It just makes me think about some of the idiots on BOL during and after the Arkansas game. Anybody who has a shred of doubt or wonder about anything about the team gets their "fanhood" questioned. If you even thought for one second at halftime of the Arky game that we were going to lose, you're a moron, etc. If you thought that our performance against Arky was anything but a slight glitch and that there were any problems, you were a moron and should never question our team.

I said after the Arky game that if we do that shit again, we're going to get beat. It happened. Who's the moron now? It's OK to question something when there is an obvious problem. It doesn't make you any less of a fan, but when you're just totally oblivious to something so obvious, it does make you a clueless fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2010, 03:40:53 PM »
I swear to God, if you are not Kaos trying to rebrand yourself with a new identity, you at least took his classes.

Here's what you said:
But with this defense, our opponents like Ark, and Ole Miss, and Bammer, will always be in the game unless we take a 4 TD lead in to the 4th quarter.

And here's what I said:
Dude. One game does not a pattern make.

Our last five games, we only gave up a total of 10 points in the fourth quarter.

I think it's pretty clear that my comment was regarding your "We will need a 4 TD lead going into the 4th quarter in order to beat Ark, Ole Miss and Bammer" comment. It's silly, because even including this game, we have outscored opponents in the 4th quarter by a total of 44-13. Hell, we outscored Kentucky in the 4th quarter 6-3.

Nowhere in my comment can you find anything about how every facet of our team is sunshine and roses right now, and there is no way we can be beaten. This is the tried-and-true Kaos technique of spinning the argument by trying to morph someone else's comments into something easier for you to argue against.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 03:41:58 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2010, 03:46:22 PM »
I swear to God, if you are not Kaos trying to rebrand yourself with a new identity, you at least took his classes.

Here's what you said:
And here's what I said:
I think it's pretty clear that my comment was regarding your "We will need a 4 TD lead going into the 4th quarter in order to beat Ark, Ole Miss and Bammer" comment. It's silly, because even including this game, we have outscored opponents in the 4th quarter by a total of 44-13. Hell, we outscored Kentucky in the 4th quarter 6-3.

Nowhere in my comment can you find anything about how every facet of our team is sunshine and roses right now, and there is no way we can be beaten. This is the tried-and-true Kaos technique of spinning the argument by trying to morph someone else's comments into something easier for you to argue against.

And here's my point, and you cannot dispute it if you're not looking through orange and blue glasses.  Number of TDs be damned...our defense is as likely to give up a score as our offense is to score, and just as quickly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2010, 05:32:08 PM »
And here's my point, and you cannot dispute it if you're not looking through orange and blue glasses.  Number of TDs be damned...our defense is as likely to give up a score as our offense is to score, and just as quickly.
The defensive problems have had adverse effects on our offensive decision making which is apparent aside from the opener and LaMonroe. I don't think the coaches wish to be negative as witnessed by Chizik's comments concerning the ability to adapt based on the personnel, opponent, score, conditions, field position, time remaining etc. But the defense is a drag on this offense whether it is natural or contrived.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »
But the defense is a drag on this offense whether it is natural or contrived.
For that matter, I think Malzahn has slowed his offense down and is drawing out drives to further help the defense. AU had 4 drives that were 8+ plays last night. 4 drives in the USCe game consisted of 9, 11, 12, and 15 plays. Drives last season were ranging from 1:30-3 minutes drive time, and now they seem to be running in the 3-5 minute range on average. But then again, this could possibly be explained by AU running the ball more than last year. It seems as if Malzahn is doing his part in adjusting to accomodate the team, but the defense just isn't responding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »
For that matter, I think Malzahn has slowed his offense down and is drawing out drives to further help the defense. AU had 4 drives that were 8+ plays last night. 4 drives in the USCe game consisted of 9, 11, 12, and 15 plays. Drives last season were ranging from 1:30-3 minutes drive time, and now they seem to be running in the 3-5 minute range on average. But then again, this could possibly be explained by AU running the ball more than last year. It seems as if Malzahn is doing his part in adjusting to accomodate the team, but the defense just isn't responding.
It takes time to develop a defense to go along with an HUNH offense. Gus got away with it at Tulsa because they were outscoring their opponents big time.
Frank Broyles said this offense won't work in the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »
It takes time to develop a defense to go along with an HUNH offense. Gus got away with it at Tulsa because they were outscoring their opponents big time.
Frank Broyles said this offense won't work in the SEC.

the Spread or HUNH?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2010, 07:02:18 PM »
Ok. I never disputed that, nor tried to, although...I will now, since you've malformed the argument into this one.

If we were just as likely to give up a score, as we were to score, at the same rate, we wouldn't be 6-0. We wouldn't have outscored opponents in every single game so far, for a total of 220-128.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »
I guess I don't really get into the oneupmanship some of us are about on this site. What is wrong with disagreement that leads to healthy discussion? Why is a critical opinion of a team considered a personal insult. I don't take this stuff personal. Hell I know Saban abandoned the run from the very beginning and that our defense is a liability. But I'll entertain varying opinion just for the fun of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions