Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn All-Star Coaching Staff

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Auburn All-Star Coaching Staff
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 03:11:46 PM »
Ok, I won't debate the details of it with you.  It all fell apart when the HC put his foot down and wanted to run HIS offense.  We'll go with that.

typical lawyer....always right , even when you are wrong...  :poke:

BTW - Im kiddin JR. Happy Friday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 03:19:32 PM »

Actually, he's right...in a way, but then my statement was correct too...just didn't take in to account the once in a lifetime situation (which had slipped my mind just like it had his) of a guy being hired as a HC, where his older brother was the OC on the previous staff, and their father is one of the top 5 college coaches of all time who made his living as an offensive guy.  Although each of them has worked in different places, at that time especially, there would have been hardly any difference in Terry or Tommy's offenses.  They probably spoke the same language offensively, which is a much bigger deal than the actual plays themselves.  And each of them constantly conferred with one another throughout their careers about things.  Under any other circumstances, Terry would have fired the old OC.  In this case, the "Old OC" happened to run the same offense AND speak the same language.   And probably even coached the details the same way.   
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:24:45 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »

Damn lieyers. Now he is arguing that Terry = Tommy!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »
Now he is arguing that Terry = Tommy!

Not even sure what that means.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 09:16:46 PM »
No love for Bobby Petrino?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2010, 04:03:22 AM »

Bobby is possibly as high as #3 on the list as far as catastrophic phuk-ups are concerned. I rate them by order of impact starting with the Barfield malaise followed by the Dye undoing.
The Petrino affair was like an old time drop the pregnant girl off with a suitcase by the roadside till we can repair the family name type of thing.

I think the small plane at a foggy airport was supposed to play out like an old espionage thriller starring Orson Wells and Peter Lorre but both had other obligations. Who knows, things might have been different with decent casting and cell phone technology. And the rest as they say...

But yeah I think Petrino is one of AU's best coordinators and probably would have been a good HC here too. We have a new casting agent and this time they think they have it right although everyone was pointing to next year where four starters from the OL will be absent, kicker...etc. Still, it will just be a dynamite movie trailer unless Roof can deliver.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2010, 10:20:36 AM »

Petrino can go get mounted by a mule for all I care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2010, 08:48:14 AM »
Petrino was a damn good offensive coordinator and he was #2 on my list...but I can't pass up the chance to have Malzahn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 09:16:14 AM »
Petrino was good.....damn good.....but how long was he here? No much impact when you are here such a short time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE