Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WR Denson has committed to auburn

WR Denson has committed to auburn
« on: July 19, 2010, 06:56:49 PM »
This is the good wide receiver out of Hooverer high school in birmingham.

i'm on the road or i would post more   

war eagle
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: WR Denson has committed to auburn
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 07:55:20 PM »
BOOM!!!!  Mutha Fuckas YEAH!!!!!!!  Want to see a prospect's recruiting SKYROCKET?  Keep an eye on Jaylon's this year.

Jaylon Denson WR 6'3" 190lbs. 4.5 Hoover, Ala (5 Grillz)

Offer:
Auburn (Committed 07/19/10)

Receiving Interest From:
UGA
SPuat

"I like everything about Auburn," Denson said. "They are a family oriented team. They care about you. I come from a good family home, and I feel like Auburn would be the same thing."

Rivals High's Dallas Jackson recently ranked Denson the No. 1 overall performer at the Palmetto State Showdown 7-on-7 tournament in Duncan, S.C.
Jackson said Denson was "the most dominant player at the event and was quite literally uncoverable".

The Palmetto State Showdown:
1. Jaylon Denson
WR, 6-3/190, Hoover (Ala.) High
The word that came out of the mouth of anyone who saw Denson play was "wow." Denson was the most dominant player at the event and was quite literally uncoverable. His size and speed were not wasted as he displayed soft hands and great jumping ability. Denson would go get the ball at the highest point as well as fight for it when the defensive backs may have jumped the route. It was almost an automatic touchdown if quarterback Ryan Carter got the ball anywhere near Denson. His play carried Hoover offensively all three days.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:59:44 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
War Damn Denson!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 10:33:08 PM »
Just a note on how he might have gotten overlooked last season.  He played behind TWO Division one WR's that both went to SEC schools. 

Also, there are a few other independent Rival's writers that watched Denson's performance at the SC 7 on 7 and say that they are campaigning to get him in the Rivals 250.

You HAVE to be impressed with the staff identifying and raking in a few guys before they hit the national radar.  That's a benefit of Tiger Prowl, and the last few years of building actual relationships with coaches around the state.

Seven of our 10 commitments are from the state of Alabama.

That's strong as death and a direct showing that AU is back to being a force in in-state recruiting.  JMO...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 10:52:23 PM »
http://www.auburnundercover.com/news/articles/2010/7/19/in-iraq-a-father-and-soldier-celebrates-his-sons-commitment-to-auburn

When  Hoover High School wide receiver Jaylon Denson committed to Auburn on Monday, it was big news in his hometown and home state. And it was big news almost 7,000 miles away in Iraq.

That’s where U.S. Army Maj. Ronnie L. Denson, soon to be Lt. Colonel Denson, is stationed. When he got the news that Auburn had extended a scholarship offer to his son, he laughed out loud for happiness.

His wife and Jaylon’s mother, Tarell, laughed as she recounted it.

“You could just hear how big his chest was over the phone,” she said. “He is very excited for Jaylon.”

Jaylon got a firm offer after a standout performance in Auburn’s camp last Saturday. He and his mother visited the campus Monday, and he committed to the school that has long been his favorite.

Maj. Denson wasn’t there to see it. Already an Afghanistan veteran, he deployed to Iraq on July 1.

“If he were here, you’d see him instead of me,” Mrs. Denson said. “He knows the ins and outs of things like this, and it’s a learning opportunity for me. He’s able to kind of coach us from a distance. He’s very involved with Jaylon.”

Maj. Denson, his wife said, left teaching the game to the coaches. He taught lessons of life and how to live it.

“He does more philosophy, teaching, the Bible, kind of making sure he’s a good person,” Mrs. Denson said. “He’s more of a character kind of person. He makes sure Jaylon is a good person and a good guy.”

And Jaylon, Mrs. Denson says, has learned his lessons well.

“Jaylon is a good kid,” she said. “I tell everybody. I don’t have to worry about him getting into any trouble. He always keeps his curfew. Even trusting him with the car, he is always back on time. He is a very good kid. I’m very proud of him.”

When the Densons visited for the A-Day game, they thought Auburn was an ideal fit for their son. When he decided to go to last Saturday’s camp, his father cautioned him not to be discouraged if he didn’t get the offer he wanted so badly.

“I kind of took that as a challenge,” Jaylon said, “so I came up here, did my thing and got the offer.”

And his mother said a prayer of thanks.

“It was not like trying to fit a piece in a puzzle,” Mrs. Denson said. “It was like the piece fell into place. It’s an extension of our family, an extension of what we believe in. I felt that even at the A-Day game.  Now that we are here and we see how much care goes into the athletes here, it’s just an extension of home.

“When Jaylon graduates high school and we drop him off at Auburn, I’m going to feel comfortable because I know he will be in a good environment.”

As Jaylon goes into his senior high school season, determined to help Hoover win a second consecutive state championship, he’ll have his father in his heart.

“I’m at peace with it because I know he’s going to come back safe,” Jaylon said. “He was in Afghanistan earlier, and I was kind of nervous about it. But he came back safe. God has his hand on him. In another year, he’ll be back.”
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:56:17 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 06:24:39 AM »
Here's what Chop's talking about, #88 TE is Jaylon Denson.  Like Chop stated, he played behind two D1 WR prospects, that's why he mostly played TE last year.

!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »
The AU coaches get it...

When Momma is happy, EVER-BODY is happy.

When she feels comfortable trusting you with her baby boy, you are IN, man.

Do NOT Mess With The Family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 12:51:54 PM »
The AU coaches get it...

Aint that the truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 01:03:04 PM »
Just a note on how he might have gotten overlooked last season.  He played behind TWO Division one WR's that both went to SEC schools. 

Also, there are a few other independent Rival's writers that watched Denson's performance at the SC 7 on 7 and say that they are campaigning to get him in the Rivals 250.

You HAVE to be impressed with the staff identifying and raking in a few guys before they hit the national radar.  That's a benefit of Tiger Prowl, and the last few years of building actual relationships with coaches around the state.

Seven of our 10 commitments are from the state of Alabama.

That's strong as death and a direct showing that AU is back to being a force in in-state recruiting.  JMO...
Damn, is this a new quote, or did you just copy/paste from back in the CTT era?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

Not hardly.   Big difference between 1 star recruits, ,or 2 star recruits already on campus outperforming expectations, and good recruits that simply have not been evaluated yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 02:07:55 PM »
The AU coaches get it...

I know this isn't news to coaches in the crootin' biz.  I've talked to some coaches that are familiar with Mack Brown's methods, and "recruiting the family" was huge with him.  Chizik seems to have learned well from all of his mentors.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 03:04:23 PM »
Is this a quote from the Dubose era when you were cheatin...Nevermind, that still happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 06:13:07 PM »
Not hardly.   Big difference between 1 star recruits, ,or 2 star recruits already on campus outperforming expectations, and good recruits that simply have not been evaluated yet.

Grillz not $tars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »
:30 second mark

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:13:55 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions