Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

INCEPTION

INCEPTION
« on: July 17, 2010, 12:05:55 AM »
Definitely recommend.

Complex enough to be interesting, but not overbearing.  Totally (and refreshingly) original plot.  Leo is good as usual and the supporting cast does a great job as well.  Directed by the same guy that filmed The Dark Knight, and the style shows.

Great effects, that even though are outlandish, make sense once everything is explained.

I give it:

:thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup: :thumsup:'s

...out of 4. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: INCEPTION
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:52:25 AM »
Agree.

This was a phenomenal movie.  Original plot, great acting, stunning visuals and some great action sequences as well.

Thoughts on the ending, Chop?

Spoilers to follow.....

I think it's too tidy to think that he is given a pass back to the States to be with his kids.  The kids, if you notice, were the same age when he shows up with Michael Caine that they were in his memories....fishy.  So, is he existing in his own dream/limbo?  The top/totem falls, but he appropriated the wife's totem, so does that mean that he's now in his own dream?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:20:12 AM »
I think it's too tidy to think that he is given a pass back to the States to be with his kids.  The kids, if you notice, were the same age when he shows up with Michael Caine that they were in his memories....fishy.  So, is he existing in his own dream/limbo?  The top/totem falls, but he appropriated the wife's totem, so does that mean that he's now in his own dream?

I figured he made it back, but I'm not sure where the scene with the older Asian man plays in.  I took it that he managed to find him in Limbo (since he died in the dream at the compound), and asked him to keep his part of the deal so that he could go back.  This basically saves him, and the Asian man (explaining his surprised and almost alarmed look as he woke up on the plane). 

I think the film leaves some things open to interpretation.  Part of what makes it great. I was even debating going to see it again while I was on the road this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »
I figured he made it back, but I'm not sure where the scene with the older Asian man plays in.  I took it that he managed to find him in Limbo (since he died in the dream at the compound), and asked him to keep his part of the deal so that he could go back.  This basically saves him, and the Asian man (explaining his surprised and almost alarmed look as he woke up on the plane). 

I think the film leaves some things open to interpretation.  Part of what makes it great. I was even debating going to see it again while I was on the road this week.

I'm definitely going to re-watch it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 12:59:51 PM »
I thought it sucked.  They should have just named it Titanic 2 just to be fitting.

I kid, I haven't seen it, but it looks good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."