Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Slow Day: Sporting News Interviews Saban

Birmingham

Re: Slow Day: Sporting News Interviews Saban
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 09:31:06 PM »
Sounds like you've got yourself a double down, boartitz. I'm not too sure these clowns have anything that will match your BBQ sauce wager - unless you're into gubmint assistance vouchers or vials of crystal meth.

Maybe he should point out what he expects on my end because you're pretty much right.  If BBQ sauce is the bet than I'm assuming I can't really compete with what he has access to locally.  His choice, if nothing else I'll purchase it online as there's no other alternative locally that would be fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »
And it depends on what poll you look at on this one.

As my daughter likes to say, "yea you right!" But it was the closest thing they have to a NC.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:45:34 PM by No Huddle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

boartitz

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »
Maybe he should point out what he expects on my end because you're pretty much right.  If BBQ sauce is the bet than I'm assuming I can't really compete with what he has access to locally.  His choice, if nothing else I'll purchase it online as there's no other alternative locally that would be fair.
You don't have a local BBQ sauce in your part of Alabama? You shouldn't even think of yourself as a southerner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »
You don't have a local BBQ sauce in your part of Alabama? You shouldn't even think of yourself as a southerner.

How has this not been covered before?  I don't live in Alabama, I live near Chattanooga, TN.  Do you want a model train set? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 11:26:48 PM »
Houndstooth has become a part of Alabama tradition.  Should Auburn stop rolling Toomer's Corner just because it was done in the 60's and 70's?
I'm sorry, I had to back up a bit and point out how insanely stupid this comment is.

So your fanbase relishing and making a point to wear the same fucking pattern of fabric as the hat your drunk coach who died 30 fucking years ago did, is the same as a school tradition that is not tied to one person, or any specific period in history. Only in bammer logic. The houndstooth should have died and rotted with Bahr, but you can't let it go, so you hold on to your false idol. The houndstooth pattern is to a bammer as the cross is to a Christian.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2010, 12:41:29 AM »
I'm sorry, I had to back up a bit and point out how insanely stupid this comment is.

So your fanbase relishing and making a point to wear the same fucking pattern of fabric as the hat your drunk coach who died 30 fucking years ago did, is the same as a school tradition that is not tied to one person, or any specific period in history. Only in bammer logic. The houndstooth should have died and rotted with Bahr, but you can't let it go, so you hold on to your false idol. The houndstooth pattern is to a bammer as the cross is to a Christian.

I associated them both as traditions, not the "same" tradition.  The fact of the matter is that Auburn doesn't have a tradition like the one Alabama has with wearing houndstooth.  This is because no coach ever won 6 National Championships at Auburn.  The reason you don't have any traditions "tied to one person" is because no one person has ever been iconic at Auburn.  If Harry Caray had coached at Auburn and made them National Champions 6 different times over the span of 20+ years, guess what some people would show up to Jordan Hare with?

Just because Auburn is vacant of an iconic figure doesn't mean other schools shouldn't remember theirs.  If remembering comes in the form of wearing houndstooth, I simply don't see what's so bad about that.  I certainly don't see it as such a blatant atrocity as it obviously is to you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2010, 01:57:48 AM »
How has this not been covered before?  I don't live in Alabama, I live near Chattanooga, TN.  Do you want a model train set? 
TN has BBQ. I may be going to Watts Bar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 02:30:21 AM »
TN has BBQ. I may be going to Watts Bar.

Alright, if Arkansas beats Alabama, I guarantee you I will find a gallon of local BBQ sauce that is worthy of being in this bet.  Can't be that hard, Memphis is only a few hours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 09:17:23 AM »
I associated them both as traditions, not the "same" tradition.  The fact of the matter is that Auburn doesn't have a tradition like the one Alabama has with wearing houndstooth.  This is because no coach ever won 6 National Championships at Auburn.  The reason you don't have any traditions "tied to one person" is because no one person has ever been iconic at Auburn.  If Harry Caray had coached at Auburn and made them National Champions 6 different times over the span of 20+ years, guess what some people would show up to Jordan Hare with?

Just because Auburn is vacant of an iconic figure doesn't mean other schools shouldn't remember theirs.  If remembering comes in the form of wearing houndstooth, I simply don't see what's so bad about that.  I certainly don't see it as such a blatant atrocity as it obviously is to you.
Ask 100 random people outside of the southeast if they know who Bear Bryant is. Then ask the same 100 people if they know who Bo Jackson is.

See who more people consider "iconic".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 09:20:43 AM »
Ask 100 random people outside of the southeast if they know who Bear Bryant is. Then ask the same 100 people if they know who Bo Jackson is.

Now wait a minute.  That depends on whether or not they are Dickle drinkers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
Say what YOU want about Nutt. He's the sorry piece of shit that left us in the shape to get punked the last 2 years. He knew when to bail.
OR, maybe he was simply able to do better with what he had than Petrino is able to do. The best class Nutt pulled in was the McFadden/Jones class, there there were only two other 4* players in that class. The rest were 3* and 2*. He usually only pulled in 3-4 4* a class. He always made do with what he had, for the most part. If Petrino can't make do, then he needs to just recruit some really good players. Something he hasn't done a good job of at Arkansas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2010, 09:44:17 AM »

~crickets~

Also add to that a Heisman Trophy winner up until 7 months ago. And most consider him one of the weakest Heisman winners in history. Up there with Kijana Carter and Andre Ware.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2010, 09:44:30 AM »
If Harry Caray had coached at Auburn and made them National Champions 6 different times over the span of 20+ years, guess what some people would show up to Jordan Hare with?

The first one that came to Jordan-Hare looking like this guy would get nut punched.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2010, 09:44:37 AM »
And...???  What do you think the definition of "tradition" is?  If your traditions aren't based on the past what are they based on?

Traditions are things that happen on a regular basis.  The things you and your bammers call traditions, are things that happened in the past...ie. HISTORY.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2010, 09:57:43 AM »
Did Bear Bryant have a Saturday Morning cartoon show featuring him and two other sports icons?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »
OR, maybe he was simply able to do better with what he had than Petrino is able to do. The best class Nutt pulled in was the McFadden/Jones class, there there were only two other 4* players in that class. The rest were 3* and 2*. He usually only pulled in 3-4 4* a class. He always made do with what he had, for the most part. If Petrino can't make do, then he needs to just recruit some really good players. Something he hasn't done a good job of at Arkansas.

Over a 10 year span at Ark, Nutt was hovering at .500 in conference games.  Subtract Vandy and the Miss schools and his winning percentage is in the .300s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »
Alright, if Arkansas beats Alabama, I guarantee you I will find a gallon of local BBQ sauce that is worthy of being in this bet.  Can't be that hard, Memphis is only a few hours.

Old Plantation or if you want mainstream, Sticky Fingers is not bad.  Both are in your town.  Choo Choo BBQ on Brainerd is also decent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010, 10:13:18 AM »
Over a 10 year span at Ark, Nutt was hovering at .500 in conference games.  Subtract Vandy and the Miss schools and his winning percentage is in the .300s.

Why do we, SEC fans, at once try to pass off the SEC as the strongest conference from top to bottom, then also discount wins against certain conference opponents? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 10:38:39 AM »
Why do we, SEC fans, at once try to pass off the SEC as the strongest conference from top to bottom, then also discount wins against certain conference opponents? 

Even our patsies are tough for non-SEC programs to handle.

In all groups there exists a hierarchy of sorts.  Vandy, MSU and OM are our weak sisters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 10:41:01 AM »
Even our patsies are tough for non-SEC programs to handle.

In all groups there exists a hierarchy of sorts.  Vandy, MSU and OM are our weak sisters.
Don't forget Kentucky. If we're counting the Mississippi Schools...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions