Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Wildcat....Video

JR4AU

Wildcat....Video
« on: June 18, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »
What it is:  Simple series football.  It's a series of 5 differerent runs (Power, Counter, Inside Zone, Stretch Zone, and Reverse), and Play Action Passes off those run actions, all run from the same or similar looks/formations/presnap motion.

Here is a look at each.  They all basically start the same way.  Unbalanced Off. Line, with Jet Sweep (Stretch Zone) motion and/or fake to the unblanced side.  The only difference is after the snap, and that's the blocking scheme and hole the play hits. 

It is, in effect, a small but self contained offense in and of itself. 

http://brophyfootball.blogspot.com/search/label/Gus%20Malzahn

It's the off season...If you don't love Xs and Os, that's cool...I do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Wildcat....Video
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 12:35:47 PM »
What it is:  Simple series football.  It's a series of 5 differerent runs (Power, Counter, Inside Zone, Stretch Zone, and Reverse), and Play Action Passes off those run actions, all run from the same or similar looks/formations/presnap motion.

Here is a look at each.  They all basically start the same way.  Unbalanced Off. Line, with Jet Sweep (Stretch Zone) motion and/or fake to the unblanced side.  The only difference is after the snap, and that's the blocking scheme and hole the play hits. 

It is, in effect, a small but self contained offense in and of itself. 

http://brophyfootball.blogspot.com/search/label/Gus%20Malzahn

It's the off season...If you don't love Xs and Os, that's cool...I do. 

I love me some al gore innergoogles...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 12:39:01 PM »
I love me some al gore innergoogles...

Me too...

The guy that posts that blog is a football coach...he's pretty knowledgeable.  I like his stuff.  He's a big fan of Malzahn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 08:40:19 AM »
JR I like the wildcat for the reason he mentioned. Getting the rock in your best guys hands. It reminds me of the Notre Dame Box. Same premis with a different look
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban