Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Marlins fire manager

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Marlins fire manager
« on: June 23, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »
Per ESPN, the Marlins have fired their manager.  Wasn't his name being floated around for the Braves job?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

Re: Marlins fire manager
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:03:54 PM »
Yes. I still wouldn't mind having him. He basically lost a power struggle between him and Hanley Ramirez. Ramirez deserved to get benched for his terrible attitude and lack of hustle. Bobby would have sat him too (except Bobby has earned enough respect that there is no way the organization chooses a player over him). Marlins set a bad precedent with this one in my mind.

Gonzalez would be a hell of a lot better than Terry Pendleton in my mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »
An interesting development.  I know we won't hear shit about a new Braves manager until after the season is over.  I do believe the front office is keeping it under tight wraps in deference to the greatest manager of all time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »
Yes. I still wouldn't mind having him. He basically lost a power struggle between him and Hanley Ramirez. Ramirez deserved to get benched for his terrible attitude and lack of hustle. Bobby would have sat him too (except Bobby has earned enough respect that there is no way the organization chooses a player over him). Marlins set a bad precedent with this one in my mind.

Gonzalez would be a hell of a lot better than Terry Pendleton in my mind.

I had forgot about that.  You're right though, the Marlins should've backed their manager on this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
An interesting development.  I know we won't hear shit about a new Braves manager until after the season is over.  I do believe the front office is keeping it under tight wraps in deference to the greatest manager of all time.

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand you with Bobby's old hairy balls in your mouth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 03:36:34 PM »
I'm sorry, I couldn't understand you with Bobby's old hairy balls in your mouth.

Ooohh...and Bobby doesn't like that call.  He's coming out to give Reese a piece of his mind.

Waddle waddle waddle waddle
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 03:43:41 PM »

They're a little salty today...must be all the humidity
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:40:07 PM by Thrilla »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions