Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN Recruiting Rankings

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: ESPN Recruiting Rankings
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2010, 05:40:06 PM »
A quick Googlization shows the final rankings (BCS) going into the bowls.....

09: USC U/R Texas #2

08: USC #5  Texas #3

07: USC #7 Texas #19

06: USC #5 Texas #19

05: USC #1 Texas #2

04: USC #1 Texas #4

03: USC #3 Texas #6

So, other than a couple of hiccup years for Mack Brown going into the Bowls, I'd say both these programs have been incredibly consistent.  They recruit top 10 talent every year and virtually every year, they're top 10 teams.  In this day and age of 85 schollies and overall parody, I can't find much fault with either. (Except that USC cheated)  That's not wasting talent. The Oklahomas and LSU's and Alabama's and Florida's of the world have top 10 talent too.  Somebody has to win and someone's got to lose.  Being top 10 every year is stout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2010, 05:43:03 PM »
  In this day and age of 85 schollies and overall parody, I can't find much fault with either.

Look, this is no laughing matter, mister.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2010, 07:02:07 PM »
I understand about 15% of what this guy posts. I've learned to accept it.
See - at least you know you understand 100% of what I post. Its just you dont agree with 90% of the time... :thumsup:
Come on Chizad, we were discussing some other stuff amid the banter and I was just explaining that I have very limited knowledge of offense (high school). Maybe I don't respond as quickly as many here but it's not like I need decoding. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2010, 09:56:47 AM »
I don't think the criteria should be NC's because there's just too much shit that happens during a 12-13 game season.   I'd put Carroll up there because of his consistency in either winning a NC or being a factor in the NC.  Same goes for Mack Brown.  A slip up here or there doesn't make me think any less of him.  UT is constantly at or near the top under his Corchedness.  Urban Meyerses is a great example in my book along with Lord Saybins.  The cruit the talent then kick your ass with it. 

For Richt...not so much.

^^^This, except I think Richt, while not at Carroll's, Brown's, Meyer's or Saban's level, is pretty damn good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2010, 11:04:52 AM »
I'm throwing another name in the mix as well.  Jim Tressell.  Yeah, I know.  The spankings at the hands of the SEC are fresh on everyone's minds.  However, the guy has a NC to his credit and has played for 2 more.  I believe he has 6 straight Big 10 titles going as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2010, 11:35:59 AM »
I'm throwing another name in the mix as well.  Jim Tressell.  Yeah, I know.  The spankings at the hands of the SEC are fresh on everyone's minds.  However, the guy has a NC to his credit and has played for 2 more.  I believe he has 6 straight Big 10 titles going as well.

^^^And this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2010, 12:51:06 PM »

I have no issues with Tressell. Totally agree as a matter of fact.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2010, 12:52:47 PM »