No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: ESPN Recruiting Rankings
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:22:34 AM »
Jesus Hoobastank Christ, Texas already has 20 recruits?

I want to coach there, it must be easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:44:47 AM »
Jesus Hoobastank Christ, Texas already has 20 recruits?

I want to coach there, it must be easy.

This is nothing new. They usually have their recruiting wrapped up by mid summer. And YES - you about have to be a huge fuck up to screw up at Texas - and a couple have done it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 11:04:59 PM »
Tub's has 11 verbals at Tech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 09:36:37 AM »
Tub's has 11 verbals at Tech.

Texas and aTm leftovers. But I hear they have tremendous upside if they can get their grades up and stay out of trouble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 09:42:22 AM »
Texas Tech Red Raiders
Commits:11  ESPNU 150 Commits:0   Top Prospect:RB Kenny Williams
Five-star commits:0   Four-star:3   Three-star:3   Others:5
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 10:08:32 AM »
Texas and aTm leftovers. But I hear they have tremendous upside if they can get their grades up and stay out of trouble.
That is what I was alluding to GH and Buzz. There has to be this magic formula of what ifs and what not with Tubby kids. 
There are some 10th graders in Mexico that just need placement, a birth certificate and a passport... ok that's mean!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 10:33:24 AM »
That is what I was alluding to GH and Buzz. There has to be this magic formula of what ifs and what not with Tubby kids. 
There are some 10th graders in Mexico that just need placement, a birth certificate and a passport... ok that's mean!

Kind of like Dax Dellenbach and Johnnie Lee Dixon...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-JohnnieLee-Dixon-51336;_ylt=Avf.E7nS67xctn1e0ICIhcM5rJB4
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 11:06:30 AM »

With Tubs gone, I would think Blakeney and Curry will be in south Ga-Tallahassee and beyond for spare parts. Some parts are interchangeable you know?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 12:57:35 PM »
Texas Tech Red Raiders

Diamonds in the rough:8
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
It's good to see that Tub's recruiting practices have not changed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 01:35:52 PM »
In all seriousness, I would think that CTT's arrival at Tech would generate at least some recruiting buzz.  I know it's probably tough to recruit to a place like that in the first place (So I've heard) but Tuberville is a bog name in college football and it seems logical that the name alone would peek the interest of some higher rated kids.  I hope he's not just continuing the trend he fell into at AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 01:52:29 PM »
In all seriousness, I would think that CTT's arrival at Tech would generate at least some recruiting buzz.  I know it's probably tough to recruit to a place like that in the first place (So I've heard) but Tuberville is a bog name in college football and it seems logical that the name alone would peek the interest of some higher rated kids.  I hope he's not just continuing the trend he fell into at AU.

He is a big name because of us. Not vice versa. And not trying to brag but Lubbock aint Auburn. Its a shit hole. That last year is many people's last memory of Tubs. Not good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 02:05:33 PM »
Texas Tech Red Raiders

These are the same type players that helped Leach to an 84-43 mark at TX Tech.  He had an 11 win season, and three 9 win seasons, and went bowling 10 out of 10 seasons.

By comparison, Spike Dykes preceeded him with an 82-67-1 mark, and only one season out of 14 did he win more than 7 games.   He made 7 bowls in those 14 seasons.

Leach took TT to another level.  Tubs has pretty high standards to meet, at a program that just 10 years ago had no expectations, and only hopes of bowling year in and year out, and must do so with lesser players than he's used to having at Auburn while competeing against teams like TX, TA&M, OU, and Neb.  The Big 12 isn't as strong top to bottom as the SEC, but Tubs won't have the players either.  And like Auburn folks were about Franklin and his style vs "Auburn Style Football"...Tubs hired yet another Air Raid guru precisely because TT is acccustomed to a high octain offense.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 02:28:04 PM »

I have talked with some of the TT fans that are in the Dallas area, they are extremely nervous about tubs sitting on a 14-0 lead and his seeming lack of get up and go for recruiting.  From my understanding he has not been to the Dallas area, yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Ogre

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 02:30:49 PM »
Tubs hired yet another Air Raid guru precisely because TT is acccustomed to a high octain offense.    

This is what's going to be interesting to watch next season.  Will Tubs be able to let the OC do his job, or will he start reigning in the offense when they get up a couple of scores? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »
This is what's going to be interesting to watch next season.  Will Tubs be able to let the OC do his job, or will he start reigning in the offense when they get up a couple of scores? 

I know what I've been told about this hire by folks close to Neal Brown.  And I know what happened at Auburn in 2008.  We shall see if a leopard can change his spots. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 03:15:59 PM »
I really thought this was a weird fit from the very start.  As has been pointed out, TT has attained a fairly good level of success for the last 10 years under Leach with as high flying style of offense as there is in college football.  That's not Tommy Tuberville.  He can hire any OC he wants to continue that style but if he can't keep his hands off and/or recruit to fit that style, it'll be a short tenure in Lummox Texas.  I would much preferred to see him go to possibly a Big 10 school where defense is king or maybe an ACC program.

The comment about him not hitting the recruiting trail also worries me.  Funny how AU has changed the culture in that area in both football and basketball.  We've gone from 2 keep the status quo coaches to a couple of very proactive staffs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 03:33:46 PM »
I find it difficult to find too much fault in Tubs and I wish him well at Tech. But it seems to me that they might be in for some Ole Miss type of years even with an air-raid disciple in Brown and Willis at the defensive controls. Talent is key and what a grind that must be in such a vast area with less resources than the others while pretending you actually like to recruit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 03:38:33 PM »
I have talked with some of the TT fans that are in the Dallas area, they are extremely nervous about tubs sitting on a 14-0 lead and his seeming lack of get up and go for recruiting.  From my understanding he has not been to the Dallas area, yet.

He knows what kind of kids will go to Lubbock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.