Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We Are Better Than That!!!

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: We Are Better Than That!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 10:18:54 AM »
Speaking of embarrassing the State, I just can't let a discussion like this pass without bringing an old favorite back.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »
Speaking of embarrassing the State, I just can't let a discussion like this pass without bringing an old favorite back.

Ain't nothin' wrong with da beer we got!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:23:13 AM »

Maybe my favorite t-shirt in my closet.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 10:32:04 AM »
I guess every State has it's cross they have to bear.

Go Gaytah
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 11:14:33 AM »
Maybe my favorite t-shirt in my closet.

Come out of the closet Chad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 11:25:29 AM »
For fuck's sake.  I'm giving up on my one man mission to change the way people view the average Alabama citizen.   :sad:

Unfortunately "average" is a relative term, and has little application ins some instances.  If you put one foot in a bucket of boiling water, and the other in a bucket of ice water, on average you wouldn't be comfortable. 

More unfortunate is that if you've ever been to Montgomery, and seen what runs this state, then you've seen that it's run by the rural folk.  Not all of which are stupid, in fact most are not stupid, but many of which have a simple way of viewing things, and some, lets say, ummm ignorance.   And they are often swayed by calling someone a trial lawyer, or by someone claiming to be using "common sense".  Clearly, that's who these adds are aimed at.  Unfortunatly, you don't get elected in Alabama by winning the vote of the folks in places like Mtn. Brook, Vestavia, Hoover, etc.  (Sorry I don't know the names of similar areas in other cities in AL.)  The rural folk control the vote in AL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 11:58:50 AM »
I'm just sayin. If you watch that commercial, and don't find any humor in it whatsoever, you're part of the problem.

Sorry if that sounds "elitist" and smug to you. Everyone else in this thread completely agrees and is embarrassed for the state of Alabama because of that ad.  

I'm not picking on you, but Alabama is a Southern state.  It's a little humorous, but I think some of you guys are overreacting to it.  Just imagine for a moment if your state was represented by this guy...  What housing bubble?

http://www.youtube.com/v/iW5qKYfqALE&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Of course, he later became the chairman of the House Financial Services Committee in 2007, and that housing bubble burst!  It reminds me of...

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:01:00 PM by GarMan »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »
I'm just sayin. If you watch that commercial, and don't find any humor in it whatsoever, you're part of the problem.

Sorry if that sounds "elitist" and smug to you. Everyone else in this thread completely agrees and is embarrassed for the state of Alabama because of that ad.

No offense taken Chad. I was just saying that I didn't find the actual content of the video to be that bad. Presentation skills maybe lack but the content was not untrue. He is right about the thugs in Montgomery. 

As GarMan said, it seems like a preemptive overreaction for fear of being "embarrassed" when in reality, there are FAR worse representatives from other states. Of course, Maher and Stewart won't highlight those and we know why. It is what it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 12:25:55 PM »
No offense taken Chad. I was just saying that I didn't find the actual content of the video to be that bad. Presentation skills maybe lack but the content was not untrue. He is right about the thugs in Montgomery. 

As GarMan said, it seems like a preemptive overreaction for fear of being "embarrassed" when in reality, there are FAR worse representatives from other states. Of course, Maher and Stewart won't highlight those and we know why. It is what it is.

I have to say, the commercial is funny to me.  It almost strikes me as absurdly redneck, to the point that it's designed to take a poke at the James type commercials.  I may be way off, and this cat may be just an over the top idiot...but it is pretty funny...and I know it makes us look bad outside the state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 12:35:26 PM »
I have to say, the commercial is funny to me.  It almost strikes me as absurdly redneck, to the point that it's designed to take a poke at the James type commercials.  I may be way off, and this cat may be just an over the top idiot...but it is pretty funny...and I know it makes us look bad outside the state to the people in the Northeast and out West.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE