Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Red Dead Redemption

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 01:50:43 PM »
As promised the first down loadable content is out on marketplace today.  Also as promised it is free.  I assume the PS3 marketplace also has it now.

"Outlaws Till The End"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:00:02 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 03:10:04 PM »
I'm 20% complete damn my two jobs to hell
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »
Don't sell your used copies just yet...

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/22772/More-Red-Dead-DLC-Detailed/

Rockstar Games has just outlined four additional DLC packs they have planned for the world of Red Dead Redemption.

The first pack drops early next month and the final one is aimed at later this fall. Sam Houser, Rockstar's cofounder says, "We want to continue to provide Red Dead Redemption’s fans with a steady supply of innovative new content. Our goal is to continue to pack as much entertaining gameplay and as many surprises as we can into the massive world of Red Dead Redemption over the coming months."

Priced at 800 Microsoft Points each ($10), here's the breakdown of what each one has in store for us:

Legends and Killers Pack

New active map locations, characters and more:

* Release date: beginning of August 2010;
* 9 new multiplayer map locations — more than doubling the amount of territories in the multiplayer competitive modes;
* 8 new multiplayer characters — play as characters from Red Dead Revolver;
* Introducing a new projectile weapon: the Tomahawk, with corresponding challenges for single-player and multiplayer gameplay;
* New achievements and trophies

Liars and Cheats Pack

New competitive modes, multiplayer mini-games in Free Roam, and more:

* Release date: TBD;
* Attack and Defend multiplayer competitive mode and challenges;
* New multiplayer horse races, complete with mounted combat;
* Play as the heroes and villains of Red Dead Redemption, as well as 8 additional multiplayer characters;
* Multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker from the single-player game;
* Introducing a new weapon: the Explosive Rifle, with associated challenges available in single-player and multiplayer gameplay;
* New achievements and trophies

Free Roam Pack

Delve deeper into the world of Red Dead Redemption with new modes, challenges and gang hideouts to discover:

* Release date: TBC;
* Additional Free Roam challenges;
* New action areas and defensive placements;
* Posse scoring and leaderboards;
* New anti-griefing measures in Free Roam

Undead Nightmare Pack

Ghost towns and cemeteries come alive in a West gone horribly wrong:

* Release date: TBC;
* Brand new single-player adventure, challenges and quests;
* 8 new multiplayer zombie characters;
* Additional animals unleashed in the world;
* New dynamic events and more

They all sound like steps in the right direction, except to me the Undead Pack seems to be a bit excessive and outside the realm of the game world - but that's just me editorializing. We'll have more info on these packs as they get closer to their release.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2010, 10:18:52 AM »
I've been splitting time between the single-player mode and multiplayer.  Both are fun as hell and will make 4 hours go by in what seems like minutes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2010, 10:26:39 AM »
I've been splitting time between the single-player mode and multiplayer.  Both are fun as hell and will make 4 hours go by in what seems like minutes. 

nerd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2010, 10:27:31 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »
The new upcoming down-loadable content is announced.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/07/zombies-red-dead-redemption/

Rockstar will bring new downloadable content to Red Dead Redemption, it said Thursday, a fiendish plot that involves… the undead.

The publisher says that four different downloadable expansions are in the works for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Red Dead Redemption. You’ll have to pony up quite a few greenbacks to enjoy it all, though.

The open-world Western from the creator of Grand Theft Auto sold 1.5 million copies when it was released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in May.

The first bit of DLC, due in August, is the Legends and Killers Pack — a download that will bring more multiplayer maps, characters, challenges and achievements.

The Liars and Cheats Pack will introduce multiplayer versions of Liars Dice and Poker, horse races, and “Attack and Defend” competitive multiplayer.

A new Free Roam Pack will expand the game’s open world multiplayer with new areas for posses to attack, posse scoring and leaderboards, and anti-griefing measures.

Finally, with the Undead Nightmare Pack, Red Dead Redemption will attempt to get the Weird West right where the Jonah Hex movie failed. In this expansion, ghost towns and cemeteries will crawl with the walking dead. Rockstar promises a new single-player adventure for this supernatural setting as well as a handful of new challenges, quests and playable zombie characters for multiplayer.

The expansions will cost $10 each except for the Free Roam Pack, on which Rockstar is still deciding the price.

There’s already been one downloadable expansion to Red Dead Redemption: Last month, Rockstar released the free but problematic Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack.

Read More http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/07/zombies-red-dead-redemption/#ixzz0tTfokAvv
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 01:12:18 PM »
Bought the game over the weekend.  I must've put in at least 10 hours over the last two days.  Highly addictive...although that's pretty standard for any Rockstar game.  The graphics are blowing my mind as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 01:16:15 PM »
Bought the game over the weekend.  I must've put in at least 10 hours over the last two days.  Highly addictive...although that's pretty standard for any Rockstar game.  The graphics are blowing my mind as well.

By far the best Rock Star title I have ever played.

All the other ones like GTA piss me off.  The characters always walk like they have cerebral palsy which is annoying as shit to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 01:28:06 PM »
By far the best Rock Star title I have ever played.

All the other ones like GTA piss me off.  The characters always walk like they have cerebral palsy which is annoying as poop to me.

Ok, RDR gurus....I have a question.

When out on a Bounty hunt, I always like to go only so far on horse and then walk the rest of the way when I am within a couple of hundred yards. I jump off the horse and start walking/creeping to get in position to start shooting and what do you know - the fucking horse keeps following me making noise, getting in my way and in a few cases has tipped the bounty off that I was hiding. How do you get the horse to fucking sit still in that scenario?  BTW - I had to put the game down for about 3 weeks and have only now just picked it back up. Im only at 26% currently.

I'll hang up and listen......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Thrilla

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2010, 01:44:22 PM »

When out on a Bounty hunt, I always like to go only so far on horse and then walk the rest of the way when I am within a couple of hundred yards. I jump off the horse and start walking/creeping to get in position to start shooting and what do you know - the fucking horse keeps following me making noise, getting in my way and in a few cases has tipped the bounty off that I was hiding. How do you get the horse to fucking sit still in that scenario?  BTW - I had to put the game down for about 3 weeks and have only now just picked it back up. Im only at 26% currently.

Good question.  I'm one bounty done thus far...only 12% completed.  I couldn't seem to take him alive either.  I kept trying to shoot him in the legs and walk up to him, but he'd get up and smoke my ass.  Then, I kill him and loot his friends, and these other motherfuckers would ride up on me while I'm pillaging the site.  What gives with that as well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »
Good question.  I'm one bounty done thus far...only 12% completed.  I couldn't seem to take him alive either.  I kept trying to shoot him in the legs and walk up to him, but he'd get up and smoke my ass.  Then, I kill him and loot his friends, and these other motherphukers would ride up on me while I'm pillaging the site.  What gives with that as well?

Ive tried the "shoot em in the legs" strategy as well. I tried it on Rufus once and the motherfucker kept getting caught in a loop saying "nice try mista!" while running from me. Here's a little hint for ya when looting and pillaging the village - don't loot the bounty target until right before you get ready to leave to head back to Armadillo. The other bad guys dont seem to hunt you down or appear until you loot the target - that seems to be the trigger. I just want the damn horse to stay where i dismount him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2010, 02:36:53 PM »

I usually never got off the horse.  Most of the bounty areas have a ridge or area across from them that you can sit up on and pick the bad guys off from.  Understand that once you shoot at the first one they will start coming toward you but with a repeating rifle I usually had very little problem picking them off.  The main bounty guy usually will not charge you but you must be prepared for the fucker to try to run.  I usually made a point of shooting all their horses first then dealing with them.  He has a problem outrunning you on foot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »
I just finished my 2nd mission in Mexico damn this game's kick ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2010, 04:01:40 PM »
I just finished my 2nd mission in Mexico damn this game's kick ass.

nice work Mr. Marsten
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2010, 04:43:41 PM »
nice work Mr. Marsten
The best kill rate so far has been 68%.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 02:08:18 AM »
And next thing you know, it's 10 after 2:00 AM.   Is this what crack cocaine is like?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2010, 02:44:28 AM »
And next thing you know, it's 10 after 2:00 AM.   Is this what crack cocaine is like?
It's one helluva a drug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2010, 06:41:46 AM »
Sorry about last night GH.  Do you need $15 to get a damn mic?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
Sorry about last night GH.  Do you need $15 to get a damn mic?

I was going to apologize to you actually. Had kids running around most of the time I was on, never really was able to get into 100% last night. I honestly just started getting online and playing as evidenced by my gamer score. Never had much time to before now. What time you getting on tonight?

BTW - you are one cursing bastard. Fire up the Young Guns soundtrack tonight. I have found that it makes one a more effective shooter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE