Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

birmingham vs. boartitz in the main event

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: birmingham vs. boartitz in the main event
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2012, 09:04:15 PM »
Here's a nice little gem:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/05/phillip_sims_high_school_coach.html
Phillip Sims entered the 2011 football season in an open competition for the starting quarterback job at Alabama, and ended the season firmly entrenched as the backup to A.J. McCarron, who had just been named the Offensive MVP of the BCS National Championship Game.

Now that Sims has decided to transfer to another school, his high school coach says he believes Sims was a better quarterback than McCarron but lost the competition for the starting job because he wasn't from the state of Alabama.

"If it's a close competition between an in-state guy and an out-of-state guy, the in-state guy is getting the job," said Oscar Smith (Virginia) High School head coach Richard Morgan in an interview with The Virginian-Pilot. "Phillip was in a situation where I thought he was the better quarterback, but he was the out-of-state guy. That's just the way it works in college."

Sims, who was a four-star prospect coming out of high school, played in eight games for Alabama and completed 64 percent of his passes for 163 yards with two interceptions, but didn't play in the Tide's final five games of the 2011 season.

Morgan explained that Sims' decision to transfer comes at the right time for the Virginia native and is based on the availability of playing time.

"McCarron still has two years of eligibility," Morgan said. "If it was the case where (McCarron) was a senior and Phillip had to sit one more year and then have two years, he wouldn't leave. Let's face it, they did win the national championship. So you're not going to bench the quarterback who won the national title. And (Sims) doesn't want to sit because he feels he's just as good. So he has to go somewhere where he can play."
Now, Sims isn't the worst QB in the world. I've seen worse. And AJ is no world beater in his own right. But anybody that has seen Sims play a down of college football in a real game knows that his HS coach is probably half retarded if he thinks PS should start over AJ. Not meaning to run PS into the ground, as I'm sure he could be a good fit somewhere. But damn, come on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #201 on: May 02, 2012, 12:12:22 AM »
Did y'all read the article where Coach midget stated that they'll help out him and his family of they need anything (or something similar)...really? Anything?

So, his momma will be house sitting in Virginia?

His parents moved to Tuscaloosa to be closer to their son, remember? 

Some bullshit once again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2012, 01:37:55 AM »

Phillip Sims entered the 2011 football season in an open competition for the starting quarterback job at Alabama, and ended the season firmly entrenched as the backup to A.J. McCarron, who had just been named the Offensive MVP of the BCS National Championship Game.

Now that Sims has decided to transfer to another school, his high school coach says he believes Sims was a better quarterback than McCarron but lost the competition never really had a shot for the starting job because he wasn't from the state of Alabama white.

"If it's a close QB competition between an in-state a white guy and an out-of-state a black guy, the in-state white guy is getting the job," said Oscar Smith (Virginia) High School head coach Richard Morgan in an interview with The Virginian-Pilot. "Phillip was in a situation where I thought he was the better quarterback, but he was the out-of-state black guy. That's just the way it works in college at bama."

Sims, who was a four-star prospect coming out of high school, played in eight games for Alabama and completed 64 percent of his passes for 163 yards with two interceptions, but didn't play in the Tide's final five games of the 2011 season.

Morgan explained that Sims' decision to transfer comes at the right time for the Virginia native and is based on the availability of playing time.

"McCarron still has two years of eligibility," Morgan said. "If it was the case where (McCarron) was a senior and Phillip had to sit one more year and then have two years, he wouldn't leave. Let's face it, they did win the national championship. So you're not going to bench the quarterback who won the national title. And (Sims) doesn't want to sit because he feels he's just as good. So he has to go somewhere where he can play."
Now, Sims isn't the worst QB in the world. I've seen worse. And AJ is no world beater in his own right. But anybody that has seen Sims play a down of college football in a real game knows that his HS coach is probably half retarded if he thinks PS should start over AJ. Not meaning to run PS into the ground, as I'm sure he could be a good fit somewhere. But damn, come on.
Al.com should learn how to quote correctly and should stop sugar coating everything, it's high time the rest of the public knows the hard truth.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:46:18 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:52 AM »
Did y'all read the article where Coach midget stated that they'll help out him and his family of they need anything (or something similar)...really? Anything?

Forgot about that...gotta keep the possible loose lips close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2012, 09:37:12 AM »

Forgot about that...gotta keep the possible loose lips close.

So, you're calling Sims momma a ho?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »

Now that Sims has decided to transfer to another school, his high school coach says he believes Sims was a better quarterback than McCarron but lost the competition for the starting job because he wasn't from the state of Alabama.

"If it's a close competition between an in-state guy and an out-of-state guy, the in-state guy is getting the job," said Oscar Smith (Virginia) High School head coach Richard Morgan in an interview with The Virginian-Pilot. "Phillip was in a situation where I thought he was the better quarterback, but he was the out-of-state guy. That's just the way it works in college."

Not disagreeing with any of that in regards to Sims' ability to run the offense, but you know good and well your PTB up there are not gonna have a black QB unless they absolutely HAVE to. Sims could have been Cam and it wouldn't have set well with the likes of Gay Talese. Zow was far and away your biggest impact maker at QB during his time there and was yanked time after time for very stupid reasons. Other QBs were kept in games doing much worse than him. I know what he did to us in 2001 at JHS. That guy should have been the starter in many more games than he was. And we all know why he wasn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »

Not disagreeing with any of that in regards to Sims' ability to run the offense, but you know good and well your PTB up there are not gonna have a black QB unless they absolutely HAVE to. Sims could have been Cam and it wouldn't have set well with the likes of Gay Talese. Zow was far and away your biggest impact maker at QB during his time there and was yanked time after time for very stupid reasons. Other QBs were kept in games doing much worse than him. I know what he did to us in 2001 at JHS. That guy should have been the starter in many more games than he was. And we all know why he wasn't.

Zow was from Florida.  Ain't no furr'ner startin' at Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2012, 07:19:36 PM »
Sims' coach may be half retarded, but you have to be at least 3/4 retarded. You can't apply a landscape of 12 years ago to today, especially with a dickhole like Saban running shit. Especially when you're basing it on rumor and innuendo. Saban doesn't care if a 10 year old out of a sweatshop in India is the best player. They're going to play. How do you see that conversation with Saban working out when they tell him who he can and cannot start?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #208 on: May 02, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »
Sims' coach may be half retarded, but you have to be at least 3/4 retarded. You can't apply a landscape of 12 years ago to today, especially with a dickhole like Saban running shit. Especially when you're basing it on rumor and innuendo. Saban doesn't care if a 10 year old out of a sweatshop in India is the best player. They're going to play. How do you see that conversation with Saban working out when they tell him who he can and cannot start?

Saban is a powerful little shithead, no doubt, but he's got a century and then some working against him on this subject.  He won't be allowed to start a black qb. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »
Saban is a powerful little shithead, no doubt, but he's got a century and then some working against him on this subject.  He won't be allowed to start a black qb.

Simple yet accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE