Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Teacher beats student.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Teacher beats student.
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:59:07 PM »
Boy was 13 yrs old and got whipped by a 40 year old woman. It was all good till his momma saw him get his ass whipped. Read the article, watch the video.

Family sues teacher in recorded attack on student

Student Beating, Teachers Stand By Play Video ABC News  – Student Beating, Teachers Stand By
Fri May 14, 8:20 am ET

HOUSTON – The family of a 13-year-old whose beating by a Houston charter school teacher was caught on a classmate's cell phone video has filed a lawsuit against the teacher and the school.

The lawsuit was filed Thursday on behalf of Isaiah Reagins by his mother, Alesha Johnson.

Science teacher Sheri Lynn Davis was fired Monday night from Jamie's House Charter School. Her dismissal came after video of Reagins' beating became public.

His family says the boy suffered a black eye and other bruises. Johnson says she's taken her son out of the school.

Davis' attorney, Chip Lewis, says he and his client will have a Friday news conference.

A spokeswoman for the school said she couldn't comment on the lawsuit but that school officials feel they handled the situation appropriately after learning of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100514/ap_on_re_us/us_houston_videotaped_beating

What do you Houston people think?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:04:10 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Teacher beats student.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 01:15:20 PM »
Charter school?  Why is the Mother's last name different?  Inquiring minds and all...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 02:19:33 PM »
So a kid in a disciplinary school got his ass kicked for making fun of a mentally challenged student?  Substitute the teacher with another student and I don't see a problem with it.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:20:54 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »
I think she deserved a raise. All teenagers deserved to be beaten.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 02:56:37 PM »
That there's what's wrong with this here country today.  Teachers just can't drag a kid around, kick him and beat him upside the head no more.  Now, back in the old days....

What a dumbass.  Yes, the kid needed his jaw jacked if he was busting a retarded kid.  But the teacher doing it...like that? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »
Surprisingly (or maybe not, given the liberal slant of our local media) this is getting VERY little air time here in Houston. 

All I can say is that since I live here, I am grateful as hell that the asswhipper and the asswhippee are of the same ethnic orientation, or else this town would be in flames.

The kid needed to tote that beating.  As a parent, I would prefer to be the one administering justice.  If the teacher wanted to watch, fine by me. 

But this is just a money grab.  Suing a charter school?  How fucking stupid.   They have no money.  They will just close the doors, go under and whammo - no more school, no one to collect from.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 10:03:45 AM »
I've come close to doing this.  Trust me - I'm not surprised.

But you have to have self control.  Never should a teacher lay a hand on a student.  For any reason.  It's the parent's job to teach discipline, and it's the principal's job to remove undisciplined children from the classroom. 

That teacher should be fired. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole