Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bragging On My Brother

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Bragging On My Brother
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:04:58 PM »
As most of you know, my brother was a pitcher for Auburn (during our miserable post season drought).

In 2008, he was drafted to the BlueJays. I haven't really kept anyone updated since then.

In 08, he had a pretty good year at the short season league, at the Auburn (New York) Doubledays. During spring training in 09, he hurt his shoulder, so they kept him at training in Dunedin, FL longer, and then put him in short season again.

This year, they moved him up to single-A for the Lansing Lugnuts. He's pretty much been kicking ass.

He was a closer until they moved him to starter last Thursday. He retired the first 10 batters he faced. He ended up striking out six batters in five innings, allowed one hit, one walk, and one error on a left fielder. He also picked a runner off trying to steal. Blanked the other team 5-0.

He also started this morning. He played 8 innings, and only allowed 4 hits, 1 run (a home run in the first), and had 4 strikeouts. Sat down 15 batters in a row. Lugnuts win it 7-1.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:14:42 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Bragging On My Brother
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 01:07:01 PM »
As most of you know, my brother was a pitcher for Auburn (during our miserable post season drought).

In 2008, he was drafted to the BlueJays. I haven't really kept anyone updated since then.

In 08, he had a pretty good year at the short season league, at the Auburn (New York) Doubledays. During spring training in 09, he hurt his shoulder, so they kept him at training in Dunedin, FL longer, and then put him in short season again.

This year, they moved him up to single-A for the Lansing Lugnuts. He's pretty much been kicking ass.

He was a closer until they moved him to starter last Thursday. He retired the first 10 batters he faced. He ended up striking out six batters in five innings, allowed one hit, one walk, and one error on a left fielder. He also picked a runner off trying to steal.

He also started this morning. He played 8 innings, and only allowed 4 hits, 1 run (a home run in the first), and had 4 strikeouts. Sat down 15 batters in a row. Lugnuts win it 7-0.
Great news, keep us updated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:49:38 PM »
Very cool!  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 02:01:05 PM »
The Loveable Lugnuts win again.  Good stuff Chad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 03:04:51 PM »
That is by far my favorite Minor League team name.  Congrats to your brother, and hopefully a Major League contract will be around the corner soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »
Glad your parents had one alpha-son :poke:
Playing in Lansing is convenient for Evan's sister-in-law, since AWK always pulls for the 'Nuts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:33:58 PM »
Glad your parents had one alpha-son :poke:
Playing in Lansing is convenient for Evan's sister-in-law, since AWK always pulls for the 'Nuts
I'm very gentle with the nuts, thank you very much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 04:04:27 PM »
I'm very gentle with the nuts, thank you very much.

Speaking of nutz...I went commando the other night and rolled my left one as I got in the car too quick. 

Bout' threw up.

Okay...back to baseball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 10:05:32 AM »
That's pimp-tight, Chizad.  Hopefully he'll make it big and break you off a little sumpin'-sumpin'.

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions